• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Virginia the most underrated team in the Nation?

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough. I think they are a lock for a 2 seed. I guess with KU losing to OSU maybe I'm wrong and UVA now has the inside track. I just happen to think they would have at least 3-4 more losses in the BIG, B12, or Pac-12 and it's tough to consider them for the 1 seed when the ACC looks so weak.

Then again, Kenpom wants to suck UVA's dick so maybe i'm the moron

Kenpom is essentially worthless this year with the disparity in MOV.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenpom is essentially worthless this year with the disparity in MOV.

Agreed. We continue to have folks point to December losses and they have not watched too many NCAA's or they would know about Louisville and UConn who also had a bunch of stinker losses in December. Some of our local homers don't want to see Virginia in their bracket...I know I don't.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the most overrated team and underrated team in the Nation is in the ACC with Cuse and Virginia.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the most overrated team and underrated team in the Nation is in the ACC with Cuse and Virginia.

That might be true, however I recall when Michigan state was banged up and also looked like shit....it happens and if Syracuse can get some rest and get healthy, there could be some noise made. Arizona went through the same thing and Sean Miller got them back on track. Their problem is they have no bench along with little size and that's what will be their undoing. Fortunately, very little talent in the Pac12 and that's a big help as well. Still have to give Miller a boatload of credit.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be true, however I recall when Michigan state was banged up and also looked like shit....it happens and if Syracuse can get some rest and get healthy, there could be some noise made. Arizona went through the same thing and Sean Miller got them back on track. Their problem is they have no bench along with little size and that's what will be their undoing. Fortunately, very little talent in the Pac12 and that's a big help as well. Still have to give Miller a boatload of credit.

Every time you talk about Arizona you sound dumber, and dumber. No size?? Sure 7'0 6'9, 6'7. No bench? Check out Hollis-Jefferson, the best 6th man (don't give me that finney-smith bs) in the country. No competition in the PAC? Best resume in the country.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's okay dc, he's just not willing to call AZ a legit threat for the FF. Whether they make it to the FF or not is secondary to the fact that they are playing some of their best bball of the season right now. Ever since Ashley got hurt, he has been more than willing to say that AZ won't make much noise in the dance. I tried telling him that Miller will get them to be able to play just as well without Ashley, and he just wouldn't have it. I tried telling him not to count AZ out, and he wasn't having that either.

Fact is, no player for AZ is playing more than 32mpg. So they will be fresh for March. And as far as size, don't just list their height, Zeus has a 7' wingspan, and so does AG. Rondae has a 7'1" wingspan. Oh and AG has a 43" vertical. Nick Johnson has a 46" vertical, and little Gabe York still has a 41" vertical. Plenty of size. They are still out-rebounding all of their opponents by an average of 10 rpg, and is still 20th in the country in rpg. With all of that, they are playing with a 3 guard starting 5, with a guy (RHJ) coming off the bench who averages almost 9 and 6 in 25 minutes. Oh, and behind him is a guy who 6'5" and is 4-7 in his last 7 3pt attempts (just to add a little outside help to the bench).

And he can say whatever he wants about the Pac, but with 7 teams in the RPI top 50, the actual numbers point to the fact that the Pac is pretty stacked.

So with all of that, he is still right on one thing; you have to give Miller a boatload of credit.

Last edited by a moderator: