• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Ty Montgomery a future top 10-5 RB?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was a WR for his entire college career but he's about 6 ft 220 lbs of pure fucking muscle with great acceleration, power, vision, hands and a deadly stiff arm. Dude just ran for 163 yards and 2 TD's on a good Bears run defense and is averaging 6 YPC this season.

The question is he just a third down back or does he have all the tools to be a complete back and with his numbers this year that would make him an elite RB but it's a small sample size.

IMO, I think he can be the best 3d down back in the game but too many power rushes would have him ending up getting injured. I don't see him being a 1k rusher but I can see him getting 700 yards rushing and 600+ yards receiving with about 10 TD's. Fantasy football will have him as one of the highest ranked RB's next season that's for sure. Starks will be gone and I'm not sure what they will do with Lacy and Christian Michael.

This has to be one of the best transitions from WR to RB in the NFL. How many players have went from WR to a good RB in NFL history?

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked great, but he seems to get beat up every game he gets more than a few carries. I don't know if he has the durability to be a starting RB

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked great, but he seems to get beat up every game he gets more than a few carries. I don't know if he has the durability to be a starting RB

That's the same thing that I'm seeing as well. He has all that muscle but his bones and ligaments didn't catch up. He needs to do some Isometric training or something.

Last week it was a shoulder this week it was an ankle. This is why I believe he'll be a third down back and maybe get 4-7 carries a game and 3-4 catches a game.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lil wayne is naming his next child and or album after Ty

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i

Pound for pound strongest RB in the game. He's a baaaaaad man

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was a WR for his entire college career but he's about 6 ft 220 lbs of pure fucking muscle with great acceleration, power, vision, hands and a deadly stiff arm. Dude just ran for 163 yards and 2 TD's on a good Bears run defense and is averaging 6 YPC this season.

The question is he just a third down back or does he have all the tools to be a complete back and with his numbers this year that would make him an elite RB but it's a small sample size.

IMO, I think he can be the best 3d down back in the game but too many power rushes would have him ending up getting injured. I don't see him being a 1k rusher but I can see him getting 700 yards rushing and 600+ yards receiving with about 10 TD's. Fantasy football will have him as one of the highest ranked RB's next season that's for sure. Starks will be gone and I'm not sure what they will do with Lacy and Christian Michael.

This has to be one of the best transitions from WR to RB in the NFL. How many players have went from WR to a good RB in NFL history?
Didn't david johnson? I would take him any day.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made the Bears defenders look like a special ed PE class learning to play football when they tried to tackle him. Him and Howard look like the future in the NFC North.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made the Bears defenders look like a special ed PE class learning to play football when they tried to tackle him. Him and Howard look like the future in the NFC North.

He's had some real good games vs the Bears so far. Howard is new Beast mode. I'm not sure of a good nickname for Ty yet.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty didn't seem to come out of today's game any worse for the wear, so hopefully he just needs the game play to start absorbing hits better. As for his future as a RB, who knows. He certainly doesn't have break-away speed, but he has shown to have great balance, the ability to make tacklers miss, the capability of slipping through cracks in the defense and enough power to require more than one defender to bring him down.

Here's hoping he has 3-6 more games to showcase his abilities to help the Packers decide what to do.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty didn't seem to come out of today's game any worse for the wear, so hopefully he just needs the game play to start absorbing hits better. As for his future as a RB, who knows. He certainly doesn't have break-away speed, but he has shown to have great balance, the ability to make tacklers miss, the capability of slipping through cracks in the defense and enough power to require more than one defender to bring him down.

Here's hoping he has 3-6 more games to showcase his abilities to help the Packers decide what to do.

He's certainly faster than Starks and Lacy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm maybe but I'd call it a stretch. His draft profile if I recall favored his build/style more towards running than receiving. I always thought he'd be a KR/PR/RB/WR combo player.

If any position he has the best chance to make a big name for himself it's RB though. Still a little early to call him a top 5-10 every down back. Once he starts running more teams will get more footage on not only Montgomery but the types of runs the Packers like to use him with. If I also recall he had some drop and fumble issues in college... he'll need to make sure the later is fixed if he's going to run the ball frequently. Can't have a RB fumbling a ton.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm maybe but I'd call it a stretch. His draft profile if I recall favored his build/style more towards running than receiving. I always thought he'd be a KR/PR/RB/WR combo player.

If any position he has the best chance to make a big name for himself it's RB though. Still a little early to call him a top 5-10 every down back. Once he starts running more teams will get more footage on not only Montgomery but the types of runs the Packers like to use him with. If I also recall he had some drop and fumble issues in college... he'll need to make sure the later is fixed if he's going to run the ball frequently. Can't have a RB fumbling a ton.

I've been very impressed with his ball security so far. The bears were trying to knock the ball out every chance they had but no luck. So far he hasn't had the drop issues either. He'll be the NFC player of the week this year that's for damn sure. They guy is 6 ft 220 pounds of pure muscle at 7% body fat.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed people were saying his 40 time was slow at 4.50. However as a RB now it's more important to have a gerat shuttle run and 10 yard split. Well his 10 yard split was 1.48 which is faster than 90% of RB's in the NFL today. I think he has the combination of elite acceleration, excellent balance, great power for his size and agility along with a deadly stiff arm, spin move and hands to be elite. The only thing He hasn't shown is durability. As stated before any time he gets 6+ carries he seems to get some kind of injury. Today it was an ankle in the 4th Q and last week it was a shoulder in the 4th Q.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Great Dayne,

Please shut the fuck up you bad luck fuck...

Thank you,

People with a properly functioning brain

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Great Dayne,

Please shut the fuck up you bad luck fuck...

Thank you,

People with a properly functioning brain

I have the luck of the Irish.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO!