• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Todd Gurley a System Player?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nigerian Nightmare?? Dam I
Miss players like that. Buncha pussies in the league compared to dudes like that
Was a badass for his time, but he'd be a dinosaur in this version of the NFL, sad, but true. I just hope DC's stop playing to stop the run and focus more on the pass to #MakeRBsGreatAgain

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a Guy. Damien Williams = Random JAG. (well not quite, but not far off)

Thanks for explanation... Judge Advocate General is the only thing I was thinking of and obviously that wasn't it. lol

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a badass for his time, but he'd be a dinosaur in this version of the NFL, sad, but true. I just hope DC's stop playing to stop the run and focus more on the pass to #MakeRBsGreatAgain

Nigerian Nightmare > Lagarret Blount

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nigerian Nightmare > Lagarret Blount
Certainly- Blount is waaaay down there in the skill department; and if I were lazy I'd use Blount as my caricature for stupid RB usage instead of going for jugular with Gurley, Barkley, etc.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off to be considered a system RB on teams like the steelers Rams etc.. is to be able to be a 3 down back.
Now once you are a 3 down back I could see someone saying they could plug in another 3 down back into which ever system. but if you dont have a 3 down back, your system changes. Steelers seem to be able to plug next guy up scenario, but the Cowboys. If Zeke is not in, their run game suffers. For instance our back up had negative yards today.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, anyone can run against the second worst run defense in the league.

They really shouldn't let the unintelligent play with statistics. Like weed and booze, save it for the adults.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, anyone can run against the second worst run defense in the league.

They really shouldn't let the unintelligent play with statistics. Like weed and booze, save it for the adults.
Ad hominem attacks from #RBsMatter

SMH

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't address the part where this would happen because of the OL though, but cool strawman.
If you knew football you'd know how these two things are related. Sorry for your inadequacy here.

You get spoonfed. You spit it up.
Rinse. Repeat.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you knew football you'd know how these two things are related. Sorry for your inadequacy here.

You get spoonfed. You spit it up.
Rinse. Repeat.
You keep flailing at me like I am going to acknowledge it as an argument.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Anderson is having a career day after being on the street. A plumber could average a 4.0 YPC with this team, folks.
A plumber might be able to average 4.0 YPC against the Cardinals, but just being on the Rams isn't what makes Gurley in-general or Anderson's performance today elite.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is BS. Moose just pumping his RB don’t matter agenda. What a crock.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump wished he could he could build a wall as stout as the Rams offensive line. I want to see what everything looks like when it's back to reality after the team gets raided in free agency.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love CJ today! Cept the pass pro (especially the wiff that led to the strip fumble) & the -5 yards receiving today, if you catch my drift.

By the way, that 'defender miss stat' you're touting is extremely subjective because it rewards the juke style RB's, and dings the speedster out run ya type backs, like Todd.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love CJ today! Cept the wiff on pass pro that led to the strip fumble and the -5 yards receiving today, if you catch my drift.

By the way, that 'defender miss stat' you're touting is extremely subjective because it rewards the juke style RB's, and dings the speedster out run ya type backs, like Todd.
There's a legitimate discussion to be had about maximizing yards behind the OL. I was a big Jamaal fan over the years. But subjective? Hardly.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But subjective? Hardly.
First I didn't say subjective, I said extremely subjective. LOL.

But Moose, it's a 'miss stat', right?

If a back is not trying to make you miss, rather trying to out run you to gain yards, he is running into contact or running past missed contact at full speed. (One or the other) I prefer this style, because speed kills, gets to open areas of zones and man defenses on passing downs for check downs situations and yields YAC's, so it is more valuable, especially in McVays offense.

The miss stat just measures well the backs who use pace, timing, blockers & moves to gain yards. So since it's not a one size fits all stat, it makes it is extremely subjective when applying to all runners.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I didn't say subjective, I said extremely subjective. LOL.

But Moose, it's a 'miss stat', right?

If a back is not trying to make you miss, rather trying to out run you to gain yards, he is running into contact or running past missed contact at full speed. (One or the other) I prefer this style, because speed kills, gets to open areas of zones and man defenses on passing downs for check downs situations and yields YAC's, so it is more valuable, especially in McVays offense.

The miss stat just measures well the backs who use pace, timing, blockers & moves to gain yards. So since it's not a one size fits all stat, it makes it is extremely subjective when applying to all runners.
Not if you have a tight standardized definition of what a miss is. And that's not the only thing, it's just the main one that comes to mind since it's easily recognizable and agreed upon.

Otherwise we're all subjectivists, and we can say whatever the fuck we want; as everything is subjective and reality is going to always elude us. Touchdowns are subjective to

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if you have a tight standardized definition of what a miss is. And that's not the only thing, it's just the main one that comes to mind since it's easily recognizable and agreed upon.

Otherwise we're all subjectivists, and we can say whatever the fuck we want; as everything is subjective and reality is going to always elude us. Touchdowns are subjective to
Or if we take the subjective route, we can use kappa scores to ensure inter-rater reliability; which is basically how PFF gets their subjective grades to lineup all the time.

This isn't a very hard problem to overcome if we're actually interested in talking about what is going on in the field; unless we have a vested interest in ignoring what happens on the field.