• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this a statement game?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LP nice job almost winning Big Brother.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LP nice job almost winning Big Brother.

Now that is some funny shit.....I've heard about the beard but I have to know if it's better then Spencers on Big Brother or Ruperts on Survivor.

Beware the Beard!!!!!!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rupert's beard sucks. LP's is more Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart meets ZZ Top type beard.

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So beating Washington on the road, when Detroit was 0-21 against Washington all-time there isn't a statement game. Beating the Bears, who have owned Detroit with a 7-1 record since Cutler took over as QB isn't a statement game. But beating GB would be a statement game.

I'm just curious -- what are the rules when deciding what a statement game is?

RG3 isn't the same player he was last year. Plus we already beat the Redskins a few times at home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statement Game: A win for a team that demonstrates that the winner has advanced in ability or competitiveness.

The defeated team must be perceived to be one that the winner was unable to defeat where both teams played to their relative abilities. Ergo, the win must be evaluated to have come by 'outplaying' the loser, rather than getting 'lucky breaks'.

The Lions wins over the Foreskins and Bears certainly more than qualify in the 'outplayed' portion, since neither score should have been close, but fail in the 'better team' portion. Neither are playoff-caliber teams, even giving the Lions credit for winning in Washington.

So, are the Packers still a playoff-caliber team? Would beating them on the road mean that the preseason perception of the Lions (middle of the NFL pack) needs to be elevated to 'Top 10 team'? I would say yes to both questions. If we outplay the Packers and win, it's a Statement Game. AND (grammatically correct), with their OL struggles and the Lions' DL play so far, I think it's a possibility.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that is some funny shit.....I've heard about the beard but I have to know if it's better then Spencers on Big Brother or Ruperts on Survivor.

Beware the Beard!!!!!!

Spencer used to drive trains with my rail road...After Big Brother, not so much!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beware the Beard!!!!!!

Glad rupert is gone already, did not want to see an entire season of him and his fat wife slobbering all over each other and professing their love. Knew he would be gone as soon as he took his wifes spot, what an idiot.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad rupert is gone already, did not want to see an entire season of him and his fat wife slobbering all over each other and professing their love. Knew he would be gone as soon as he took his wifes spot, what an idiot.

Amen to that. This season will undoubtedly be the best ever. No way to predict who is with who. So much stratedy involved. Ohh shit this is statement game thread...:focus: