• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the greatest Coach ever Joe Gibbs?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he is also a champion in auto racing, I believe. Simply amazing.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kind of happens when a clueless owner gets involved in football decisions vs an owner that let the football people run the football operations. Talking football with Snyder to Gibbs must've been like a heart surgeon talking to a 2nd grader about open heart surgery.
Gibbs was the only HC the Skins have had in the Snyder era who Snyder didn't fuck with. Everything done during Gibbs 2.0 was either done by Gibbs or received his blessing. For instance Gregg Williams convinced Gibbs they should draft Sean Taylor, Gibbs originally wanted to draft Kellen Winslow Jr.

One of the conditions Gibbs set before signing back with the Skins was he would both pick the players who the Skins drafted, signed in FA etc. As well as decide what players the Skins would keep. Snyder happily agreed to this and kept his grubby ass fingers out of the pie during Gibbs 2nd tenure. Not really surprising as Snyder who is 57 years old grew up a Skins fan. At that age he was right there in the Skins glory days of the 80s/early 90s led by Gibbs who Snyder idolized. Like many of us did who are at or around that age like me. I remember thinking the Skins would win a Super Bowl by Gibbs third year at the latest when I heard about him coming back.

In Gibbs first go-round with the Skins GM Bobby Beathard was responsible for drafting players and signing players in FA. Gibbs was in charge of what players would rem,ain with Redskins. If/when Bobby B and Joe G bumped heads. Owner Jack Kent Cooke would cast the deciding vote. Beathard leaving the Skins just before the 89 season was the beginning of the end and he never got tghe credit he deserves for the Skins last 2 Super Bowl titles n last 3 SB appearances.

Gibbs imo was the most successful HC in the Snyder era. but its a really mixed bag. Reg season-wise he finished with a 30-34 record and in last place 2 of his 4 years. In his other 2 years the Skins were a 2nd place wildcard team going 1-1 in the playoffs an a 3rd place wildcard team going 0-1 in the playoffs. He made some of the most asinine trades I've seen in his 2nd tenure and the mindset that the Skins didn't take care of their homegrown players. While forking out big money to FAs many of whom didn't bust a grape started under Gibbs 2.0.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many coaches have won a SB with more than one particular QB?

I think Parcells is one.

Joe Gibbs won with 3 different QBs. Don't think any other coach holds that claim.

I also do not think he cheated by taping other team's signals and then all of a sudden calling the right defensive calls in the second half of games.

You know. Like Belishit did.
He's definitely in the conversation. But to deny Bellicheck from the same conversation is not asking a legit question, it's only demanding answers that suit your purpose.