• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the Coaches Poll serious?

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the coaches honestly know this little about the teams they are voting on? Teams are underranked all over the place.

#6 Wisconsin. Beat St. John's, Florida, SLU, WVU, Virginia, Marquette. Should be at least #4, maybe #3.
#12 Uconn. Beat Maryland, BC, IU, Florida. Should be ahead of Oregon, UK, Wichita, Duke at least.
#14 Villanova. Beat USC, Kansas, Iowa. Easily a top 10 resume.
#20 Massachusetts. Wins over BC, LSU, Nebraska, New Mexico, Clemson, BYU. #20 is a joke.

Preseason rankings so badly need to be thrown away and never done again. Just because teams like Kentucky and Michigan are big names, and start at the top, doesn't mean they are the best. There is way too much stubbornness on the part of the coaches to change their rankings.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the coaches honestly know this little about the teams they are voting on? Teams are underranked all over the place.

#6 Wisconsin. Wins over St. John's, Florida, St. Louis, West Virginia, Virginia, Marquette. Should be at least #4, maybe #3.
#12 Uconn. Wins over Maryland, BC, Indiana, Florida. Should be ahead of Oregon, Kentucky, Wichita, Duke without question.
#20 Massachusetts. Wins over BC, LSU, Nebraska, New Mexico, Clemson, BYU. #20 is a joke.

Preseason rankings so badly need to be thrown away and never done again. Just because teams like Kentucky and Michigan are big names, and start at the top, doesn't mean they are the best. There is way too much stubbornness on the part of the coaches to change their rankings.

Agreed. They don't even have a 9-1 Colorado team that just beat Kansas ranked.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 4 of those teams are in my top 10

1. Zona
2. Wisky
3. Cuse
4. OSU
5. Nova
6. Iowa State
7. UConn
8. UMass
9. MSU
10. Iowa

- Yeah yeah Iowa homer alert. Whatever, only loss in OT to Nova. Some good wins and have CRUSHED almost everyone else. Plus check the computer rankings :)

USA Today | Sports | NCAAB

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Zona
2. Wisky
3. Cuse
4. OSU
5. Nova
6. Iowa State
7. UConn
8. UMass
9. MSU
10. Iowa

- Yeah yeah Iowa homer alert. Whatever, only loss in OT to Nova. Some good wins and have CRUSHED almost everyone else. Plus check the computer rankings :)

I really like Iowa too. They should be a real threat in the Big Ten. Which is saying a lot.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zona, Wisky, Cuse have separated themselves with the way they have played. The next 7-10 teams is kind of a jumble ( Id toss OK State, Wichita State, Mizzou in with the other teams I listed as teams that have been impressive this year so far)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Iowa too. They should be a real threat in the Big Ten. Which is saying a lot.

Yeah Hawks have really only played 2 bad halves of ball all year ( first half versus Xavier when we got down by 15 and second half vs Nova when we blew a 15 point lead). Other than that this team has been pretty dominant. Need to tighten up the D a bit as the last 3 games havent been the best on that end but the offense is pretty unstoppable. Super excited for this Friday when Iowa goes to Ames to take on the Cyclones. Thats going to be a hell of a game.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Zona
2. Wisky
3. Cuse
4. OSU
5. Nova
6. Iowa State
7. UConn
8. UMass
9. MSU
10. Iowa

Might be a homer pick right now, but Iowa has every chance to crack the top 10 this year. An OT loss to Nova is nothing to scoff at, Nova should be in the top 10 right now anyway.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Hawks have really only played 2 bad halves of ball all year ( first half versus Xavier when we got down by 15 and second half vs Nova when we blew a 15 point lead). Other than that this team has been pretty dominant. Need to tighten up the D a bit as the last 3 games havent been the best on that end but the offense is pretty unstoppable. Super excited for this Friday when Iowa goes to Ames to take on the Cyclones. Thats going to be a hell of a game.

Just checked on Iowa's schedule. If they are able to beat ISU, there's no reason they shouldn't be 13-1 heading into the Kohl Center on January 5th. Would be a hell of a game, especially as Iowa has had the Badgers' number recently.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a homer pick right now, but Iowa has every chance to crack the top 10 this year. An OT loss to Nova is nothing to scoff at, Nova should be in the top 10 right now anyway.

Yeah that game was a heartbreaker. Totally outplayed the Cats for 35 of the 40 minutes. They had one 5 minutes stretch where they outscored us like 21-3 ( made like 6 3's in 5 minutes). Bummer but that happens vs good teams.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Wisconsin fan too. Sam Dekker has been real impressive. Best Bo Ryan team for as long as I can remember imo. We can slow it down and control the game if we want to and this season the Badgers have shown they can run and score too. I really like the Badgers this season.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked on Iowa's schedule. If they are able to beat ISU, there's no reason they shouldn't be 13-1 heading into the Kohl Center on January 5th. Would be a hell of a game, especially as Iowa has had the Badgers' number recently.

Yeah Ill be at that game!!! I dont know about winning in Ames though. Thats a TOUGH ass place to win but ISU isnt nearly as deep or big as us BUT they can shoot the hell out of the ball so it is going to depend on if we can tighten up the 3 point D. Last 3 games teams have made an average of 14(?) 3's a game vs Iowa.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Wisconsin fan too. Sam Dekker has been real impressive. Best Bo Ryan team for as long as I can remember imo. We can slow it down and control the game if we want to and this season the Badgers have shown they can run and score too. I really like the Badgers this season.

This is the first Badger team I can remember that can win 60-50 OR 90-80. Thats a HUGE advantage. Used to be that Wisconsin could only beat you if they got you to play their style, now granted they did so about 75% of the time but if you could get the game into the 70's then you pretty much had a great shot to beat them. Now the Badgers can win those games too. Thats the difference between being 24-8 and getting a 5 seed or being 28-4 and getting a 1 seed.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou dominated UCLA in the 2nd half and yet UCLA is ranked and Mizzou isnt

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have Mizzou 13th in my poll. Not sure why they arent getting any love. Thats a good team in Columbia.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that confuses me too. I think UCLA and Mizzou should both be ranked. I watched that game and I thought UCLA was going to pull away but Mizzou plays tough. Jabari Brown is really good. So is Zach LaVine on the Bruins.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, the rankings are so ridiculous. Duke is 7 spots higher than Villanova, despite Nova having beaten a team that Duke couldn't, has a really nice win over Iowa, is undefeated,and have played a tougher schedule.

There are seriously so many things wrong with both polls.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#6 Wisconsin. Beat St. John's, Florida, SLU, WVU, Virginia, Marquette. Should be at least #4, maybe #3.
#12 Uconn. Beat Maryland, BC, IU, Florida. Should be ahead of Oregon, UK, Wichita, Duke at least.

The coaches poll lost whatever credit they had left. Mass is ranked either 1rst or second in all the RPI projections. MSU still being ranked in front of UW is a major joke as well.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, the rankings are so ridiculous. Duke is 7 spots higher than Villanova, despite Nova having beaten a team that Duke couldn't, has a really nice win over Iowa, is undefeated,and have played a tougher schedule.

There are seriously so many things wrong with both polls.

Hey Eric Ive been waiting to talk to you man. Your Irish looked pretty damn good in Iowa City last week. How the hell did they lose to the Sycamores anyway?? I know Indiana St is solid but that team I saw last week shouldnt be losing more than 6-8 games all year. Did you catch any of the ISU game or no?? Just curious because that was by far the best team Iowa has played this year IMO, even better than the Nova team that beat us. Took one of Iowas best offensive performances of the last few years to win that one.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why preseason rankings needs to be eliminated. Rankings shouldn't even come out until after week 3 or 4. Otherwise it's basically gambling on how good they believe teams will be instead of what they actually are.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why preseason rankings needs to be eliminated. Rankings shouldn't even come out until after week 3 or 4. Otherwise it's basically gambling on how good they believe teams will be instead of what they actually are.

Eh in CBB its a moot point since the rankings really dont matter. Preseason polls are garbage period but CFB is really the only sport that rankings matter so if you wanted to get rid of preseason polls in that sport Im all in. In CBB it just gives us something to talk about. LOL