• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Stanford the best 1 loss team in America?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have wisconsin at 14th, I get the "other teams have had bad calls" argument but the wisky-asu game wasnt a bad call. It was a straight up stealing of a game by p12 officials and a prime example of why MOST games in the ooc either have officials from a neutral conference or the road teams conference. A bad call is explainable. Standing over the ball for 15 seconds and not letting a team snap it til time runs out is not

I have them 15th. They just aren't even in consideration nor do that have even a remote case for being including in a discussion about "the best 1 loss team in America".

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see lots of 1 loss teams that rank in the top10. Wisconsin is a 2 loss team.

As for my computer, who do you think wrote the program?:laugh3:

I think you make your computer program. And if your position is that circumstances don't matter, i'd respect it. I'd disagree with it, but it would be original and consistent.

What pisses me off, though, is when you wade into a world where circumstances matter and tell me that Wisconsin still has no business where I rank them. I could see an argument that we belong about as far down as 14-15, but if you believe in circumstances and think human polls matter, Wisconsin HAS to be a top fifteen team. Everyone arguing against it wants to arbitrarily cut off circumstances (namely, MOV, injuries, and penalties). And if you believe as I do in the TOTALITY (i.e. all) circumstances, you simply can't do that.

If you want to shift the argument into whether the totality approach is best, we can do that and i'll be civil. But when you say my view is inconsistent and give the reasons you did while calling me stupid, it's hard to be civil. Because, again, if everything comes in, I don't know how one can say its absurd to rank us where we are in my poll.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you make your computer program. And if your position is that circumstances don't matter, i'd respect it. I'd disagree with it, but it would be original and consistent.

What pisses me off, though, is when you wade into a world where circumstances matter and tell me that Wisconsin still has no business where I rank them. I could see an argument that we belong about as far down as 14-15, but if you believe in circumstances and think human polls matter, Wisconsin HAS to be a top fifteen team. Everyone arguing against it wants to arbitrarily cut off circumstances (namely, MOV, injuries, and penalties). And if you believe as I do in the TOTALITY (i.e. all) circumstances, you simply can't do that.

If you want to shift the argument into whether the totality approach is best, we can do that and i'll be civil. But when you say my view is inconsistent and give the reasons you did while calling me stupid, it's hard to be civil. Because, again, if everything comes in, I don't know how one can say its absurd to rank us where we are in my poll.

No, everyone is just sick and tired of hearing how Wisconsin is really a 1 loss team, and what Wisconsin has no business in is a discussion about who is the best 1 loss team.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why? Why do you think circumstances don't matter? And if you really believe this, what are your thoughts on human polls? And taking it to another extreme, if you think the final score says everything, what are you even doing on a CFB board? All answers could just be settled by a computer program.

Thinking circumstances don't matter is directly contradictory with posting on this board. I give 4Down20 some latitude because he actually makes a computer poll and submits it. That's at least some evidence he genuinely discounts the circumstances of results. And to be honest, he's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer and doesn't understand how to think like a lawyer. I expected a little more from you, though.
This is really easy, and I guarantee the 99% of the people agree with me ... at the end of the game, the only thing that mattes is the score. Period. Your whining for months on end was embarrassing, and if you expected me to join your pity party, I am glad to disappoint you.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really easy, and I guarantee the 99% of the people agree with me ... at the end of the game, the only thing that mattes is the score. Period. Your whining for months on end was embarrassing, and if you expected me to join your pity party, I am glad to disappoint you.

So your answer to why you think circumstances don't matter is........that circumstances don't matter.

Thank you for that tremendous argument.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most would not want to see stanford's running game right now.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One loss teams:

Stanford
Oregon
Clemson
Mizzou
Auburn
Miami
Okie State
Michigan State
UCF

And I don't think Louisville is worthy enough to be considered but here's their "honorable mention."

If you listened to Palmer last night, Stanford is the best team in the country much less the best 1 loss team right now.

I would have to go with Clemson, Stanford, Michigan State or Auburn as the best one loss team right now. We'll find out who it is, though.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most would not want to see stanford's running game right now.

Can someone enlighten me on the why the fuck BS Jr. Isn't playing a little more role in that? Sweet a nice cute power game that they only run against spread teams yet that kid shows flashes of his father every single time he has touches the ball. I don't get Stanford, when they need a big PR or KR he is back there, yet on any 3rd down that is begging for a draw or screen he is on the sidelines on his phone with agents about transfering to a SEC team.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou with Franklin? I think there better than Clemson. Dont get me wrong I like Clemsons offense more. But Clemsons secondary sucks.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.

Bowl season is when MSU is exposed every year. 4-9 since 1993 in bowls, with their 4 wins by 1 point, 3 points, 9, and 3.

I think Stanford is better than michigan st by a large margin but this is horrible logic

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stanford is better than michigan st by a large margin but this is horrible logic

Agree.

If Michigan State could ever get a quality QB/offense they could be back to winning MNC's for the rest of time. Their defensive coaching is arguably unequaled in the game today.