• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Stanford the best 1 loss team in America?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One loss teams:

Stanford
Oregon
Clemson
Mizzou
Auburn
Miami
Okie State
Michigan State
UCF

And I don't think Louisville is worthy enough to be considered but here's their "honorable mention."

If you listened to Palmer last night, Stanford is the best team in the country much less the best 1 loss team right now.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and I don't think any other team can make much of an argument.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think Oregon could win a rematch? Maybe 5 out of 10? :noidea:

What about Michigan State?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Palmer's excuse when Pollack brought up that Stanford had lost to Utah

"They weren't playing Stanford Football"

Crack analysis there, Jesse. :L

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Michigan State is as good as Stanford this season.

Bowl time will clear a lot of this up soon.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Palmer's excuse when Pollack brought up that Stanford had lost to Utah

"They weren't playing Stanford Football"

Crack analysis there, Jesse. :L

No shit! I thought Pollack could have cleaned his clock after that game. He was being patient sitting there listening to Palmer drool all over Stanford's cock, but he looked like he wanted to strap on a helmet and sack that motherfucker right there in the box. I'm hoping to wake up one morning and flip on sportscenter and read "Palmer, you just got knocked the fuck out!"

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way.

Bowl season is when MSU is exposed every year. 4-9 since 1993 in bowls, with their 4 wins by 1 point, 3 points, 9, and 3.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One loss teams:

Stanford
Oregon
Clemson
Mizzou
Auburn
Miami
Okie State
Michigan State
UCF

And I don't think Louisville is worthy enough to be considered but here's their "honorable mention."

If you listened to Palmer last night, Stanford is the best team in the country much less the best 1 loss team right now.

Palmer is an idiot and its tough to say who the best 1 loss team is.

Lets use the blowhards media score card commonly called "the eye test"

Now a few years back they eye test was "who ya beat". If we use this example, Stanford looks great.

A few years after the "who ya beat eye test" the media did a 180 and decided it was "who ya lost too". If we use this example, Oregon looks great.

So which "eye test" are we using? Those blowhards in the media have many ways to judge the best 1 loss team.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yea, but that's no fun. Let's have some speculation and some drama up in this bitch while it's still questionable. just kidding. Kinda.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford has a great win, but they have one of the worst losses, and have done nothing on the road. They also got outgained by 200 yards at home against a terrible Washington team.

If Franklin returns seamlessly, it's hard not to consider a Mizzou team which has blown out everybody as better than them. Oregon, Clemson, Miami, and Wisconsin all have cases as well. Three of those four were more impressive than Stanford in their wins, and all of them have a much better loss.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer is an idiot and its tough to say who the best 1 loss team is.

Lets use the blowhards media score card commonly called "the eye test"

Now a few years back they eye test was "who ya beat". If we use this example, Stanford looks great.

A few years after the "who ya beat eye test" the media did a 180 and decided it was "who ya lost too". If we use this example, Oregon looks great.

So which "eye test" are we using? Those blowhards in the media have many ways to judge the best 1 loss team.

Well, if it's "who have you lost to" My Tigers take the cake baby. We have the best losing resume out there amongst 1 loss teams.

:yahoo:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. Stanford is better than some of the undefeateds right now too

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loss v utah or loss v the current #2 team? Thats just the tip of the argument iceburg.

Caneman, I like Miami and think they are on the right track, but I have seen both teams play and i feel i can honestly say that Stanford would beat Miami about the same way as they did Oregon. Stanford is a pretty good football team and that O-line is a pretty stout machine.

Miami is on its way back, but not quite there yet. And if you are lucky enough to make it, you will lose a second time to FSU in the title game in my opinion.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caneman, I like Miami and think they are on the right track, but I have seen both teams play and i feel i can honestly say that Stanford would beat Miami about the same way as they did Oregon. Stanford is a pretty good football team and that O-line is a pretty stout machine.

Miami is on its way back, but not quite there yet. And if you are lucky enough to make it, you will lose a second time to FSU in the title game in my opinion.

lol @ me. I thought he was talkin' about Clemson. :L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stanford-Michigan St would be a great game.

It is hard to say who is the best one loss team. I will go iut on limb and say Stanford than Mizzou are the best 1 loss.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might would give Stanford the nod over Baylor, but that's about it. Nah, nevermind. I would not.
Stanford beats Baylor. Hell OU would have given them a game if they could score in the red zone and wouldn't quit.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was referring to clemson, lol.

But now that you pointed it out, hmmm....

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe i'm missing something, but i'm not sure why Stanford's six-point home win where Oregon's offense failed to score three times when they were inside the ten is proof thy are better than Oregon. It definitely shows they can play with Oregon and a good team, but if two teams are equal they should win at home.

I've said it before, but I have never understood relying on non-neutral site head to heads. You are deciding who you think is better largely on the basis of a schedule. This rivalry has been an exception the last two years, but there are tons of examples to show the trend.