• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time to move on from Stafford?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But no, Brady hasn't been spectacular. He has missed throw he usually doesn't. Some of that is the turnover at receiver and the fact that the gameplans involved deliberately forcing balls to the rookies to keep them involved. Part is on Brady playing at a little lower level than we are accustomed to.

So do you agree he is declining?? Seems my statement was spot on, No?

That game plan was decided in off season with Welker gone and AH being a thug. You are not forcing balls if that is all you have in your cupboard.

I still will take Brady over Manning. However he did take a new WR (Welker) and Orange Julius and throw 10 TD's to them and 2 other also. Hell he threw at Julius from day one( delibberatley) and he made the catches. That guy had was a nobody before this year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you agree he is declining?? Seems my statement was spot on, No?

That game plan was decided in off season with Welker gone and AH being a thug. You are not forcing balls if that is all you have in your cupboard.

I still will take Brady over Manning. However he did take a new WR (Welker) and Orange Julius and throw 10 TD's to them and 2 other also. Hell he threw at Julius from day one( delibberatley) and he made the catches. That guy had was a nobody before this year.

One year of less than perfection doesn't equal a decline.

Welker's his third guy, and he had chemistry with one and two. That's not the same as having one receiver from the year before back, and people without NFL experience in many of your primary roles.

And yes, I wanted that to happen. In the long run it is beneficial to the team. I predicted prior to the season that there would be a lot of safe throws deliberately passed up to get the young guys the reps they needed, and this has happened. Some were less accurate than others. Chemistry plays a role in accuracy as well. Knowing where your receiver will be to hit him there. But the punishment that has been taken this year (despite still being 11-4) will pay off. I don't know if they can overcome the injuries on defense to make it pay off this year or not, but next year and until Brady is done, throwing those guys into the fire will pay off. There's no short cut to that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
care to explain his stats this year then?
64.4% completion percentage 7th in the league
4082 yards 7th in the league
27 tds 7th in the league
12 interceptions
93.7 qb rating

but the dude doesnt have it and 20 other qbs would be better

If Big Ben is lower than 6-7 on your QB list, you need a new QB list. It's that simple.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep building the defense and it won't matter who the QB is. Just ask Trent Dilfer.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he saw him play, and he dont make plays

That's weird, cuz I saw your defense suck donkey balls most of the season. Yet, somehow, your Steelers are still alive for a playoff spot. It couldn't be on account of the play (nice work with his stats earlier)from their future HOF QB!?! Nawwww, it's Yancy Thigpen.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha im just saying man, funny thing is i see some similarities in ben and stafford......reign that kid in a bit, hes got all the tools and is pretty damn good now, he still can grow alot

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben 27TD 12 INT Cmp % 64.4 QBR 93.7 4,082 yds.
Tom 24 10 60.6 88.0 4,221

Such a drastic difference in numbers. Oh wait... nevermind.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats don't tell the story. They never have, and never will do a great job. Ben was never in the great conversation, and is barely in the average conversation any more. If you have to count on Ben you will be very depressed. Stafford right now is ten times the QB Ben is, and he's on the way up, not down.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gave JDM their Kool-Aid?

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gave JDM their Kool-Aid?

Andy Reid obviously

ku-xlarge.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM no offense bud, but your analysis is very poor, you have nothing to back up your points.

This is like when you argued with me over flacco, you just keep saying " i see it" or "He just is better".

theres no sense arguing with trolling, but at least make a compelling argument

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM no offense bud, but your analysis is very poor, you have nothing to back up your points.

This is like when you argued with me over flacco, you just keep saying " i see it" or "He just is better".

theres no sense arguing with trolling, but at least make a compelling argument

I already made all the points that need made. Ben was never particularly accurate or a great passer. His entire career was made on waiting long enough for receivers to open up and occasionally making a play or two on the ground. His mobility has declined and he can't stay in the pocket 20 seconds at a time shrugging off defenders anymore, therefore there is nothing special about his game.

There is no other point that needs made.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
before you said he wasnt a pocket passer now you wnat him to stand in the pocket for 20 seconds?

this is merely here-say and personal opinion, you still have nothing, once again one of his better seasons ever, ...........

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stand behind the line for 20 seconds, not necesarily in the actual pocket. You're arguing semantics. His mobility bought him enough time for guys to be wide open, and that's how he made his plays. During the years he won the Super Bowls, how long do you think he spent on average to get the ball out? It was probably over ten seconds as an average. He held the ball in the pocket until he got pressured, found somewhere to run around to, and hoped someone lost discipline. That was his passing game MO.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not semantics, your changing your tune. and if you think thats what he did on EVERY PLAY then once again you show your lack of knowledge......