• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to rebuild?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians is a part of the issue. He has made some really dumb decisions between last year and this year.

• Not making Palmer Practice both summer/training camps
  • Not getting a replacement for Palmer
  • Allowing the cocky, arrogant and entitled culture they carried last year
  • Never taking credit for making bad decisions
  • Not changing the way they played last year until late in the season
  • Sticking with Carson Palmer this year
There are others.

They should have never gone into this season with Palmer as their clear cut #1. Right now Blaine Gabbert is the better option.
Hold on a sec. Wasn't BA coach of the year a couple of years ago?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson palmer is a piece of crap.

Another in the long line of USC fuckups

Right @TheRobotDevil
I was trying to think of a Huskers QB that had success in the NFL.Then I gave up and was trying to think of a Huskers QB that played in the NFL....Eric Crouch?

JK :dhd: Yes there are a lot of SC QB's that didn't pan out in the NFL.But I can't put Palmer on that list.I'm actually surprised he was able to find success again.Following the injury on the late hit in the Bengals/Steelers play off game.Gotta give him credit.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to think of a Huskers QB that had success in the NFL.Then I gave up and was trying to think of a Huskers QB that played in the NFL....Eric Crouch?

JK :dhd: Yes there are a lot of SC QB's that didn't pan out in the NFL.But I can't put Palmer on that list.I'm actually surprised he was able to find success again.Following the injury on the late hit in the Bengals/Steelers play off game.Gotta give him credit.

Eric Crouch!! Man he had so much promise.

Much better on Madden than real life when converting him to a receiver lol

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:mad2:

He was a very nice guy. I was on a husker cruise once. 2 hour open bar means I got hammered. A short while later I started talking to him. I have no fucking idea what I said. But I remember he was trying to hold a conversation with my drunk ass

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was a very nice guy. I was on a husker cruise once. 2 hour open bar means I got hammered. A short while later I started talking to him. I have no fucking idea what I said. But I remember he was trying to hold a conversation with my drunk ass

Wait wasnt Crouch the guy that hid in the closet when Lawrence Phillips came to murder him for banging his girlfriend?

Or was that Scott Frost?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards just need a QB and one WR. They have all the other pieces.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At times it's almost like people forget exactly how good Palmer was before the ACL tear. If I remember correctly he led the NFL in TD passes either that year or the year before. And had the bengals. In the best position to make a play off run. Since they lost the Super Bowl to the niners. I still think that was a late hit and dirty imo. And while Palmer did manage to eventually find success again. You have to wonder just how good his career would have been if not for the late hit after the ball was gone. Or whether continuing to play after a career changing injury. May have given a different perception of just how elite he was prior to the injury.

When I combine the player he was prior to the ACL tear. With what he was able to accomplish. Following what probably should have been a career ending injury. I gotta give the dude credit. Taking the time to meet the finer of the ACL's family. Giving thanks and staying in contact with them throughout the years. He's shown a lot of heart and hard work over the years imo.

Leinart would be an actual USC QB bust.Robo QB will always be the worst for me. Hell I face palmed when the Raiders drafted Marinovich :L

Last edited:

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At times it's almost like people forget exactly how good Palmer was before the ACL tear. If I remember correctly he led the NFL in TD passes either that year or the year before. And had the bengals. In the best position to make a play off run. Since they lost the Super Bowl to the niners. I still think that was a late hit and dirty imo. And while Palmer did manage to eventually find success again. You have to wonder just how good his career would have been if not for the late hit after the ball was gone. Or whether continuing to play after a career changing injury. May have given a different perception of just how elite he was prior to the injury.

When I combine the player he was prior to the ACL tear. With what he was able to accomplish. Following what probably should have been a career ending injury. I gotta give the dude credit. Taking the time to meet the finer of the ACL's family. Giving thanks and staying in contact with them throughout the years. He's shown a lot of heart and hard work over the years imo.

Leinart would be an actual USC QB bust.Robo QB will always be the worst for me. Hell I face palmed when the Raiders drafted Marinovich :L

It's pretty easy to trash talk a QB at the end of his career. And while Palmer never won a Super Bowl and looked bad losing in the playoffs, I don't think it's fair to put him in the category of USC QB busts. Palmer had a career that's likely in the top 5% of NFL QB's.

To even make it to this season is a testament to what kind of competitor and QB he is.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty easy to trash talk a QB at the end of his career. And while Palmer never won a Super Bowl and looked bad losing in the playoffs, I don't think it's fair to put him in the category of USC QB busts. Palmer had a career that's likely in the top 5% of NFL QB's.

To even make it to this season is a testament to what kind of competitor and QB he is.

I agree with that

The fucked up knee in that Bengals/Steelers playoff game changed the course of what could have been a really incredible career

Not to mention that was going to be a big time postseason for that team

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can always appreciate down to earth athletes and celebs. Being that my dad votes on the Pro Football hall of fame I have met a fair share of both.

Deion is the biggest douche of all but still my all-time favorite lol

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that

The fucked up knee in that Bengals/Steelers playoff game changed the course of what could have been a really incredible career

Not to mention that was going to be a big time postseason for that team

I was rooting for them too. Bengals being an upcoming team, still an underdog and a black coach lol.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

13th all time in passing yards.14th all time in passing TD's.Including some very productive years.On some bad teams and following the injury......I can run a list of SC QB busts.Based on his body of work and career.Palmer is not on that list imo

dKUPN9V.png

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sideshow or afterthought. Nobody took them seriously.

Did you see the Lawrence Phillips Showtime Doc?

That was some awesome and sad shit

Thats why I asked about Scott Frost or Eric Crouch, Phillips almost killed one of them

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13th all time in passing yards.14th all time in passing TD's.Including some very productive years.On some bad teams and following the injury......I can run a list of SC QB busts.Based on his body of work and career.Palmer is not on that list imo

dKUPN9V.png

Mathematically that probably puts him in the top 1% when you factor all of the QBs who have made NFL rosters.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the Lawrence Phillips Showtime Doc?

That was some awesome and sad shit

Thats why I asked about Scott Frost or Eric Crouch, Phillips almost killed one of them

I still need to see that. I heard pretty much exactly what you said.

I know it was the Cornhuskers QB don't know for sure though.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathematically that probably puts him in the top 1% when you factor all of the QBs who have made NFL rosters.
One of my favorite all time C players.Marcus Allen will always be my favorite.Ronnie Lott and Seau not far behind.Palmers career is winding down.But this is a strong draft class at QB this year imo.While Palmers career m,ay be winding down.The cards could get a big piece of their future next draft.