• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to rebuild?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you've continued to lose important assets and not replace them, you go to overtime with the worst team in the league playing a 3rd string QB.

Get rid of Arians, Palmer, Fitz and start over. Even if you make it to the playoffs Carson just chokes it all away. There are some good QBs coming out of college this year .

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Arians is the issue. They just need a new QB IMO

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep- they fucked up big time not taking a QB. Arians is less so the issue; I don't think he's delusional about the QB situation. He just fucked up this go around and is paying the price for flirting with Carson Palmer too long.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but it might be time to see what Gabbert's got.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep- they fucked up big time not taking a QB. Arians is less so the issue; I don't think he's delusional about the QB situation. He just fucked up this go around and is paying the price for flirting with Carson Palmer too long.

Two things

1. Heart issues

2. In my opinion, can lose his head by becoming too emotional

Not the biggest issue in AZ, but if you are going to start over, I think you see if there are better options out there

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things

1. Heart issues

2. In my opinion, can lose his head by becoming too emotional

Not the biggest issue in AZ, but if you are going to start over, I think you see if there are better options out there
Understandable, but there are not a lot of coaches better than Arians. I think he has earned the right to get his own QB before being ousted. Short leash maybe, but he deserves his own QB before being shown the door.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona has talent... but they need a young QB desperately.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arians is a part of the issue. He has made some really dumb decisions between last year and this year.

• Not making Palmer Practice both summer/training camps
  • Not getting a replacement for Palmer
  • Allowing the cocky, arrogant and entitled culture they carried last year
  • Never taking credit for making bad decisions
  • Not changing the way they played last year until late in the season
  • Sticking with Carson Palmer this year
There are others.

They should have never gone into this season with Palmer as their clear cut #1. Right now Blaine Gabbert is the better option.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable, but there are not a lot of coaches better than Arians. I think he has earned the right to get his own QB before being ousted. Short leash maybe, but he deserves his own QB before being shown the door.

I'm a big Arians fan...I think he might be a better OC than a HC, but at his age and health etc. I don't blame him for not pushing Carson to the curb just yet...go down with a vet QB.

That said, if AZ doesn't make the playoff this yr...pretty much a certainty Fitz is gone after this season...if AZ can't pry A Smith from KC for a 2nd rounder they are going to start circling the drain pretty quickly next yr.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big Arians fan...I think he might be a better OC than a HC, but at his age and health etc. I don't blame him for not pushing Carson to the curb just yet...go down with a vet QB.

That said, if AZ doesn't make the playoff this yr...pretty much a certainty Fitz is gone after this season...if AZ can't pry A Smith from KC for a 2nd rounder they are going to start circling the drain pretty quickly next yr.

Alex Smith seems destined to land on a team that will draft a QB with a high pick, unfortunate for him, but he's just that QB that requires long term insurance

But i agree its a good spot for him....David Johnson is that special back, with the right QB, that you can surround with not the greatest of talent, and still have a pretty good offense.......

This will be it for Palmer, should be for Fitz.......Heading into next season with a solid defense, Alex Smith, David Johnson, JJ Nelson and John Brown, is not a complete tear down, and could be a decent, competitive team

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith seems destined to land on a team that will draft a QB with a high pick, unfortunate for him, but he's just that QB that requires long term insurance

But i agree its a good spot for him....David Johnson is that special back, with the right QB, that you can surround with not the greatest of talent, and still have a pretty good offense.......

This will be it for Palmer, should be for Fitz.......Heading into next season with a solid defense, Alex Smith, David Johnson, JJ Nelson and John Brown, is not a complete tear down, and could be a decent, competitive team

I think Jax might not be a bad spot either for Alex, but obviously AZ would be a better landing spot.

I'm guessing KC just felt they were treading water with Smith...he is 33 now so the time was right grab a QB1 of the future.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jax might not be a bad spot either for Alex, but obviously AZ would be a better landing spot.

I'm guessing KC just felt they were treading water with Smith...he is 33 now so the time was right grab a QB1 of the future.

Oh I do really like the Jax idea though...They are one of those teams that could really take a substantial leap with the right QB

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's as much a business move than anything. Frees up a lot of cap room if you can dump the QB and start X QBOTF.

A trade for Alex Smith would have the Chiefs go from 469k in 2018 cap room before carryover to 21M. Between that and what is expected to be Hali's last year, there's some cap room to throw around suddenly at young players.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as much a business move than anything. Frees up a lot of cap room if you can dump the QB and start X QBOTF.

A trade for Alex Smith would have the Chiefs go from 469k in 2018 cap room before carryover to 21M. Between that and what is expected to be Hali's last year, there's some cap room to throw around suddenly at young players.

At some point they all become business moves when you're not getting the results you think you should, but it seem like there was a concerted effort to get this kid...IIRC didn't they trade up to get the TT QB?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe they're still marching Palmer out there with backups in Stanton and Gabbert. Like fucking kidding me? At least bring in some new QB talent via the draft. Even a 2nd rounder, someone a bit more promising to sit behind Palmer.

They have some good pieces though. They have a stud RB (injured unfortunately) and some solid pieces on defense. They do need to work on the offense a bit though. They are lucky their O-Line is somewhat serviceable, if you put Palmer on the Seahawks I would actually be expecting for his body to just explode somewhere in the 2nd quarter leaving everyone with a 'wtf' expression while bones/blood rained down on the crowd in one of the end zones.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are lucky their O-Line is somewhat serviceable, if you put Palmer on the Seahawks I would actually be expecting for his body to just explode somewhere in the 2nd quarter leaving everyone with a 'wtf' expression while bones/blood rained down on the crowd in one of the end zones.

What a picture you paint with your words....