• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, is this really a surprise they mutually agreed not to have him there? No suspension yet for Watson, likely Baker still not cleared for much participation. Why the need for him to be there in early June?

Now if Watson faces a long suspension and Baker is told to stay home for training camp...............?
No. It's not a surprise at all. They don't want him around and he doesn't want to be there. Pretty much what everyone has been saying for months.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It's not a surprise at all. They don't want him around and he doesn't want to be there. Pretty much what everyone has been saying for months.
Yes, I get many say it as fact as it fits their narrative but it's no more than opinion as right now there is no reason to have him there and stir up more media coverage for something as trivial as a minicamp in June.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I get many say it as fact as it fits their narrative but it's no more than opinion as right now there is no reason to have him there and stir up more media coverage for something as trivial as a minicamp in June.
He rebuts with an obvious opinion stated as fact because it fits his narrative...

So think about this. Why not get the coverage out of the way now and put it in the rear view mirror if that were true

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He rebuts with an obvious opinion stated as fact because it fits his narrative...

So think about this. Why not get the coverage out of the way now and put it in the rear view mirror if that were true
what I offered is an opinion? I guess, but do you disagree? Is there a reason to have a QB at a minicamp in early June who likely is not cleared to do much? Is it worth the media coverage it would create?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I offered is an opinion? I guess, but do you disagree? Is there a reason to have a QB at a minicamp in early June who likely is not cleared to do much? Is it worth the media coverage it would create?
It’s only going to get worse. Right now it wouldn‘t have been a huge deal because the Watson stuff is front and center and people were more just wondering what would happen with Baker. They could have killed it by him coming in and the team saying he’s part of the team even if just lip service. Now that he isn’t showing up it’s a huge deal, not just In cleveland but nationally. Clearly it doesn’t matter because it’s very likely he won’t be there at all. they don’t want him around and he doesn’t want to be there. That’s pretty obvious

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, most QBs aren't in mandatory mini camps. No need to be there. That makes perfect sense to fit your struggling narrative.

Got to love this forum.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s only going to get worse. Right now it wouldn‘t have been a huge deal because the Watson stuff is front and center and people were more just wondering what would happen with Baker. They could have killed it by him coming in and the team saying he’s part of the team even if just lip service. Now that he isn’t showing up it’s a huge deal, not just In cleveland but nationally. Clearly it doesn’t matter because it’s very likely he won’t be there at all. they don’t want him around and he doesn’t want to be there. That’s pretty obvious
Except some here can't accept he is and will be a distraction until he's gone.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds of Jacoby Brissett starting Week One gotta be over 50%.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an ideal world, where would Mayfield go?

Most fun would be the Steelers. Probably best for Mayfield in the long run would be the Buccaneers. Sit your ass down and learn something; you’ll be the starter next year.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an ideal world, where would Mayfield go?

Most fun would be the Steelers. Probably best for Mayfield in the long run would be the Buccaneers. Sit your ass down and learn something; you’ll be the starter next year.
Shut Your Mouth Reaction GIF

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield to the Steelers would be amusing. Unfortunately I don't see the Browns being prepared to trade him to the Steelers if they have to eat $9M, and i'm not sure the Steelers would agree to pay as much as $9.86M. The Browns are only going to trade him there if the Steelers agree to pay significantly more than other teams are prepared to pay. There's no evidence of the Steelers being willing to pay $12M of Mayfield's contract. I'm discounting any chance of the Browns paying hm in full and releasing him.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield to the Steelers would be amusing. Unfortunately I don't see the Browns being prepared to trade him to the Steelers if they have to eat $9M, and i'm not sure the Steelers would agree to pay as much as $9.86M. The Browns are only going to trade him there if the Steelers agree to pay significantly more than other teams are prepared to pay. There's no evidence of the Steelers being willing to pay $12M of Mayfield's contract. I'm discounting any chance of the Browns paying hm in full and releasing him.
No, they'd never trade him there.

But if the Browns can't get a deal done and cut him... hahahahahahahaha.

That's why I don't think the Browns can cut him - too easy for it to bite them in the ass. And they have to pay the money anyway. They'll trade him or keep him.

If the Carolina offer is bad (Browns pay the whole salary and Carolina gives a 2024 6th, for example), I think the Browns would decide to just keep Mayfield. And if the Browns keep him, both sides will figure out that he should play.

So Carolina has to offer just above whatever that "bad" line is for the Browns.

Me, I'm rooting for cutting or keeping, because this trade looks boring as hell, except that the Browns face the Panthers Week 1.