• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he looked great, i watched the game.....

hard to say that after his last 3, and really 5 of his prior 6.

I still like and believe in baker

Most importantly during those bad weather games he didn't turn the ball over. I wasn't really that concerned with those games otherwise.

In his last 3 non shittastic weather games his rating is north of 120

Granted two of those games are the Bengals and eagles

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part he has decent takes... But he's too quick to board hype trains, and dismiss his own thoughts on teams. Its rare that he circles back to admit he was wrong too.

that's not true. in fact, he has an entire segment he does called "where colin was right, where colin was wrong", where he'll fully admit to where he was wrong, he does it at least a couple times a week. i guess i'm just someone who takes him as entertainment during my day and nothing else, he is very outspoken and his persona is very brash and it rubs a lot of folks the wrong way...not me. of course he's going to be wrong on stuff from time to time, we all are.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's not true. in fact, he has an entire segment he does called "where colin was right, where colin was wrong", where he'll fully admit to where he was wrong, he does it at least a couple times a week. i guess i'm just someone who takes him as entertainment during my day and nothing else, he is very outspoken and his persona is very brash and it rubs a lot of folks the wrong way...not me. of course he's going to be wrong on stuff from time to time, we all are.
I've seen those clips a few times. But to be honest I don't actually watch the show. I just watch the highlight clips he posts to social media and nothing else.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bust? No.

JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf...those are busts.

Star level QB they thought they were getting when they drafted him #1. Also, No.

He's a good, starting quality NFL franchise quarterback. Give him good weapons like he has now and call a game that allows him to use them and you can make the playoffs and even win a Super Bowl with him.

But he's not going to carry a team to the Super Bowl.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watch his show too. Him and Dan Patrick. He's the only host I know that actually has a segment of his show where he admits when he's wrong.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bust? No.

JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf...those are busts.

Star level QB they thought they were getting when they drafted him #1. Also, No.

He's a good, starting quality NFL franchise quarterback. Give him good weapons like he has now and call a game that allows him to use them and you can make the playoffs and even win a Super Bowl with him.

But he's not going to carry a team to the Super Bowl.

TBF there aren't many QB's that can carry a team to a SB. I do believe he can carry the team from time to time bc we saw it last game but remember he is only in his 3rd year and I saw a big step this year for the simple fact he is making better decisions and taking care of the ball. Top 10 QB? Nope but if he continues to improve he has the arm talent to become a top 10 QB one day.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBF there aren't many QB's that can carry a team to a SB.

Exactly. That's what separates them. There are the elite level guys who can carry a team to the Super Bowl with limited weapons. The next group are guys like Baker who can get you to Super Bowls with the right weapons. Then there's everybody else.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've always liked Colin. And dude used to be very good capping college football. Money where his mouth is

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked Colin. And dude used to be very good capping college football. Money where his mouth is

Yeah it's not like I dislike Colin but he is very stubborn especially with this "Baker feud". He could win 5 SB's and he will never admit he was wrong. It seems like when he DOES admit he is wrong there is always a BUT or he says well I said this too so I was only partly wrong. Any big subject that was very adamant about for a long time, he won't admit it. All that being said, there are a ton of his takes that I completely agree with and his analogies are insightful.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part he has decent takes... But he's too quick to board hype trains, and dismiss his own thoughts on teams. Its rare that he circles back to admit he was wrong too.
Colon Cowturd really knows very little about football

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it's pretty clear Baker has shown he deserves a chance to grow still. The idea he is a bust should look pretty goofy by now. He's not elite, but his numbers are very respectable and there's room to grow with real flashes in between. Browns would be foolish as hell to move on from Baker.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like with no OBJ he's improved

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who is clueless is Brandon Marshall. He is all about hot takes. If we didn't all know who Marshall was before he was on First Things First...I would say he never picked up a football in his life.