• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Anyone Alive Out There: Ongoing Mets Thread

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you guys are finished can we get this back to being a thread about the pitiful franchise I like for some reason?

Because, like any real true fan, you stick with your team even in the down and lean times.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because, like any real true fan, you stick with your team even in the down and lean times.

I'm reporting you, Trolly McTroll.

Because of your Trolling.

Troll.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reactions To The Marlon Byrd Trade: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Love what I'm reading about the Buck/Byrd deal:

The player to be named the Mets are set to receive will be a "solid" one, and that could make an already-strong trade even better for New York, says ESPN's Keith Law (Insider-only). But Law also calls the trade a "truly all-in move" from the Pirates' perspective, noting that Byrd represents an enormous upgrade over the Bucs' right fielders, who have been dreadful this year.

In Herrera, the Mets may be getting an "offensive-oriented second baseman," Matt Eddy of Baseball America writes. Eddy also notes that Herrera could hit for decent power to go with a good on-base percentage, and that appears likely to stick at second base.
They may have just traded him, but the Mets may have interest in pursuing Byrd again when he becomes a free agent this winter, Andy Martino of New York Daily News writes (on Twitter).

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we_win_cheers1.jpg

Jon Niese tosses a CG, 3H, SO @ home vs. philly....and he also hit a bases clearing double to help his cause..

Rapid Reaction: Mets 5, Phillies 0 - Mets Blog - ESPN New York

It's like he channeled both, Matt Harvey and Marlon Byrd tonight.....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm crazy, but I think we can still be a very competitive team next year even without Harvey. Niese/Gee/Wheeler should have more quality starts than bad ones, maybe we sign a vet to help eat innings, plus we have a bunch of young arms. Mejia, as far as I can tell, should not miss the entire season.

Sign a CF, maybe trade/sign a RF that can provide some pop to the lineup. And in a year or 2 I think a lot of our higher end prospects will start seeing some time.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee/Wheeler/Harvey = Isringhausen/Wilson/Pulsipher

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I want the mets to be good. The braves and mets divisional rivalry is my favorite and it's really boring when one or both teams arent in the division race

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I want the mets to be good. The braves and mets divisional rivalry is my favorite and it's really boring when one or both teams arent in the division race

Obviously I would like the Mets to be good as well, but the Braves are definately my favorite rival. The 99/00 versions of the Braves were arguably my most hated sports teams. The Phillies, Marlins and Nats just don't do anything for me. Awful jerseys, mediocre fan bases.

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I would like the Mets to be good as well, but the Braves are definately my favorite rival. The 99/00 versions of the Braves were arguably my most hated sports teams. The Phillies, Marlins and Nats just don't do anything for me. Awful jerseys, mediocre fan bases.

marlin fans have no pulse at all

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
marlin fans have no pulse at all

phillie fans are d-bags for the most part.....the nats logo looks like walgreens....and the fish can't even give tickets to their games away....that being said..the mets are 1-2 years away from being serious contenders in the NL east once again...I just wish we had better ownership....I'm sick of the wilponzi's...they disgust me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reactions To The Marlon Byrd Trade: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Love what I'm reading about the Buck/Byrd deal:

The player to be named the Mets are set to receive will be a "solid" one, and that could make an already-strong trade even better for New York, says ESPN's Keith Law (Insider-only). But Law also calls the trade a "truly all-in move" from the Pirates' perspective, noting that Byrd represents an enormous upgrade over the Bucs' right fielders, who have been dreadful this year.

In Herrera, the Mets may be getting an "offensive-oriented second baseman," Matt Eddy of Baseball America writes. Eddy also notes that Herrera could hit for decent power to go with a good on-base percentage, and that appears likely to stick at second base.
They may have just traded him, but the Mets may have interest in pursuing Byrd again when he becomes a free agent this winter, Andy Martino of New York Daily News writes (on Twitter).

The PTBNL from the Pirates is Vic Black...I haven't done any research on him yet. I wonder how Herrera is with the glove?

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
phillie fans are d-bags for the most part.....the nats logo looks like walgreens....and the fish can't even give tickets to their games away....that being said..the mets are 1-2 years away from being serious contenders in the NL east once again...I just wish we had better ownership....I'm sick of the wilponzi's...they disgust me.

Braves are owned by a media corporation that could careless if the team wins or loses, it's all about profit for them. They give Frank Wren a laughable budget where it's extremely hard to produce a winner

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PTBNL from the Pirates is Vic Black...I haven't done any research on him yet. I wonder how Herrera is with the glove?

Mets Notes: Black, Warthen, Offseason: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

The Mets officially announced today that right-hander Vic Black is headed to New York as the player to be named later in Tuesday's Marlon Byrd/John Buck trade. With the addition of Black and second baseman Dilson Herrera, the Mets will receive two players who were 11th (Herrera) and 17th (Black) among Pirates prospects at the time of the trade, as ranked by MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo. Here's more on Black and his new team...

Keep in mind the 10-20 prospects on the Pirates are like 1-10 prospects for other teams. Adding a quality arm can't hurt. He's 25 so he probably is what he is at this point but if he can eat innings or come out of the pen it's a win. Especially since we were losing Byrd and Buck anyway.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, you guys got a good haul for Byrd and Buck.

Herrara should be above average defensively at 2nd base. From what I have read, the only reason he moved off short was arm strength, looks like he will hit too. Could really make us look stupid in a few years, but I dont care right now :D

Black throws mid 90s, kind of a side arm action. At the bear minimum, he can be a pitcher that gets optioned up and down for the next 2 years. As for the upside, he throws the gas so anything is possible I guess.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets Notes: Black, Warthen, Offseason: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

The Mets officially announced today that right-hander Vic Black is headed to New York as the player to be named later in Tuesday's Marlon Byrd/John Buck trade. With the addition of Black and second baseman Dilson Herrera, the Mets will receive two players who were 11th (Herrera) and 17th (Black) among Pirates prospects at the time of the trade, as ranked by MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo. Here's more on Black and his new team...

Keep in mind the 10-20 prospects on the Pirates are like 1-10 prospects for other teams. Adding a quality arm can't hurt. He's 25 so he probably is what he is at this point but if he can eat innings or come out of the pen it's a win. Especially since we were losing Byrd and Buck anyway.

Somone dug up an article over on the Rangers tab about NYM interest in Elvis Adrus or Profar. If you are interested come on over to our season thread and opine if you want/