• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is alcohol served at the college football games in NFL stadiums?

Should CFB stadiums serve alcohol?

• Total voters

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there CFB stadiums that serves alcohol? I don't know the rules behind it. Should they be allowed to if they want? Pros and cons?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait, some schools don't serve alcohol? I figured BYU wouldn't, didn't think it was still a thing though.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said potato salad. I think
wait, some schools don't serve alcohol? I figured BYU wouldn't, didn't think it was still a thing though.

Kinnick Stadium doesn't serve alcohol and a reporter said something to Bowlsby (or whatever his name is) about it at Big 12 Media Days.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years old, so some mighta changed by now:
BeerMap.png

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can still buy beer at Colorado St games. @iowajerms can you have a beer at Iowa while tailgating?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can still buy beer at Colorado St games. @iowajerms can you have a beer at Iowa while tailgating?

I don't drink alcohol and my brother gets decent tailgating spots on Melrose, but I imagine stadiums and arenas would profit from selling beer. One year, he got a spot right next to the train tracks but his idiot friends got us to not be invited back.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have been able to buy beer at UW games for several years, however until recently you had to go to a beer garden that was just outside the stadium.

After their remodel they now have designated areas for sales. Folks in the club level and a couple of other exclusive access areas can get it and there are a couple of places where general fans can buy it.

It's still kind of wonky if you ask me. Not like you are getting a more sober crowd when you don't serve it. All the years they didn't have any you couldn't go into any of the bathrooms without seeing booze bottles all over the place.

We had issues with the beer garden model because the stands would be 1/2 full going into the 3rd quarter with all the folks out still waiting in line to get a drink and it kills any momentum your team can get in bigger games coming out of the half.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NC State basketball doesn't serve alcohol at their home games, despite sharing their arena with the Carolina Hurricanes.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to think it was a pac 12 rule you couldn’t, then WSU started selling beer a few years ago. And we have the beer gardens as wiz said. I don’t get it... just sell it at concessions. I’m not gonna hike across the stadium to wait in line for 40 minutes to buy a beer, but my drunk ass will gladly pay your stadium prices if it’s sold where I get my hotdog.

I’ve always argued I’d get less drunk if they served in the stadium because I wouldn’t feel the need to load up so much before the game. This is most likely bullshit, but it sounds reasonable anyway.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me old fashioned, I don't believe any school should sell alcohol at any event. Sports, theatre, art, none of it.

Not because it's a bad look. Or that it sends the wrong message. Because it's a bad idea.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lol @ Sparty for designing their suites to allow the beer to flow.

Always good judgement in EL.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me old fashioned, I don't believe any school should sell alcohol at any event. Sports, theatre, art, none of it.

Not because it's a bad look. Or that it sends the wrong message. Because it's a bad idea.
The drunkenness was worse in the days when nothing was allowed on campus. Even when they did bag searches. The stalls in the bathrooms would each have dozens of mini booze bottles and all of the soda people bought smelled like pure booze in the seats.

That and the tailgating just gets so much more crazy. There are many games I have no idea how I even got to my seats and ended up in the right seat. For years. And years.

You can't stop it, so at least get some control over it. By selling beer you are at least reducing the amount of hard booze consumption which does make a dent in the bad incidents.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to think it was a pac 12 rule you couldn’t, then WSU started selling beer a few years ago. And we have the beer gardens as wiz said. I don’t get it... just sell it at concessions. I’m not gonna hike across the stadium to wait in line for 40 minutes to buy a beer, but my drunk ass will gladly pay your stadium prices if it’s sold where I get my hotdog.

I’ve always argued I’d get less drunk if they served in the stadium because I wouldn’t feel the need to load up so much before the game. This is most likely bullshit, but it sounds reasonable anyway.
id say fairly accurate acutally

When i lived in Hawaii i would just have a couple during games and not get as loaded before hand.
where as with Oregon games im usually a 6 pack deep before kick

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lol @ Sparty for designing their suites to allow the beer to flow.

Always good judgement in EL.
I want to argue with you but they have fucked up pretty much every decision possible for the last ten years.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drunkenness was worse in the days when nothing was allowed on campus. Even when they did bag searches. The stalls in the bathrooms would each have dozens of mini booze bottles and all of the soda people bought smelled like pure booze in the seats.

That and the tailgating just gets so much more crazy. There are many games I have no idea how I even got to my seats and ended up in the right seat. For years. And years.

You can't stop it, so at least get some control over it. By selling beer you are at least reducing the amount of hard booze consumption which does make a dent in the bad incidents.
Seems like capitalizing to me.

Why buy beer when you can sneak in booze?

I do not support the easy road from Universities on these things. Nor the more lucrative road.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't sell alcohol at Memorial Stadium in Champaign. The Chicago Bears had to get a special permit that took months of negotiation where they played their home games there when Soldier Field was being renovated.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there CFB stadiums that serves alcohol? I don't know the rules behind it. Should they be allowed to if they want? Pros and cons?

They just started serving alcohol at The Horseshoe I think last year.

Cons? There are probably some.

Pros? I attended my first tOSU game live last year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just started serving alcohol at The Horseshoe I think last year.

Cons? There are probably some.

Pros? I attended my first tOSU game live last year.
that sure as hell sounds like a con to me is I was a Buckeye fan.