• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

iPhone 6

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but the game changer comment was just strange when even a lame ass blackberry has this technology.

yeah but I equate that to when some Android phone says "we can run twice as fast as the iPhone" but in reality they run at 75% the speed for 90% of the time because they are overclocked and heat up. There are so many android phones that people get lost in the shuffle, and each one has it's own things they claim "to beat Apple" in. They get to market first, but then don't meet expectations. Typically if Apple touts something, they have vendors lined up to support it.

Not sure about payments though. Seems dangerous to be sending all my transactions through Apple. Even if they are tokenized, still worries me.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im torn.......and im not doing nfc......they say its secure, well now thats a challenge for the bad ppl to attack

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably the only person in the world still using the iphone3.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably the only person in the world still using the iphone3.

I work with a guy using the original iPhone. Screen is all busted, but still works. So he keeps using it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work with a guy using the original iPhone. Screen is all busted, but still works. So he keeps using it.

My screen is still good outside a minor crack in the corner that you can't even tell is there unless you look at it sideways.

I keep waiting for the damn thing to die so I can justify an upgrade. But since I don't pay for it or the service, I can't complain very much while it still works.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My screen is still good outside a minor crack in the corner that you can't even tell is there unless you look at it sideways.

I keep waiting for the damn thing to die so I can justify an upgrade. But since I don't pay for it or the service, I can't complain very much while it still works.

If you aren't paying for the service, you can likely upgrade to probably pick up a good 4S or 5 for cheap. Hit ebay and get one unlocked and no contract for <$100.

Don't try to change your screen. Did that on my wifes and the 3G is a BITCH to change because you have to split the screen from a little plastic thing.

Wife told me she wants teh 5.5" iphone. I handed her our mini and said "here you go". :pound:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but I equate that to when some Android phone says "we can run twice as fast as the iPhone" but in reality they run at 75% the speed for 90% of the time because they are overclocked and heat up. There are so many android phones that people get lost in the shuffle, and each one has it's own things they claim "to beat Apple" in. They get to market first, but then don't meet expectations. Typically if Apple touts something, they have vendors lined up to support it.

Not sure about payments though. Seems dangerous to be sending all my transactions through Apple. Even if they are tokenized, still worries me.

Eh, I hear what you are saying, but it goes both ways. Not like the Apple crowd doesn't have the same the types. If Apple had a half-assed implementation, but they were first, it would be the same deal.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you aren't paying for the service, you can likely upgrade to probably pick up a good 4S or 5 for cheap. Hit ebay and get one unlocked and no contract for <$100.

Don't try to change your screen. Did that on my wifes and the 3G is a BITCH to change because you have to split the screen from a little plastic thing.

Wife told me she wants teh 5.5" iphone. I handed her our mini and said "here you go". :pound:

I only use it for cell phone and text messaging. Back when they first came out I only asked for a cell phone in general and this is what I got. So it hasn't really been the biggest deal to me. Believe it or not, it was actually my first cell phone.

Do you have to switch sim cards out or something if I got one of those off ebay? I have service(AT&T was the only one back when it came out), I just get it free.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pre-ordered the 6 this morning. Can't wait to get the damn thing and see how responsive it is.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iphone6-welcome-to-2012.jpg

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting to hold the phone before I make a decision on upgrading from my 5. In all honesty, the phone doesn't have a huge leap in technology and nothing special to want to upgrade over; other than some minor things. But I do think it looks promising, I like how thin it is.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, except using an Adroid in any kind of music capacity is essentially like using a cassette player today. The reason the iPhone is successful is not because it has every little gimmicky feature as soon as it exists, it's because they usually implement those features extremely well. And the backbone of the entire device is the, very successful, ipod integration; something Android phones have never been able to replicate.

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, except using an Adroid in any kind of music capacity is essentially like using a cassette player today. The reason the iPhone is successful is not because it has every little gimmicky feature as soon as it exists, it's because they usually implement those features extremely well. And the backbone of the entire device is the, very successful, ipod integration; something Android phones have never been able to replicate.

I use iPhone 4s for work and Android (Nexus 5) for personal. What sets the music capacity in the iPhone so far apart from Android? I use Google Play Music on my phone and if I had an Android tablet I would do the same. I hate iTunes for music and I am certainly not alone in that regard. Maybe I just don't take my music listening as seriously as others.

I use Apple products for everything except my personal phone. I like the freedom Android offers. And I don't use iPods. I don't see enough of an advantage to carry another advice opposed to just using my Android/iPhone.

The big advantage the iPhone has always had was the smoothness that its OS runs with. This was mostly due to the fact that they don't allow the provider (Sprint, AT&T, etc.) to jam the phone up with crapware. Now that I can buy my Android straight from Google and bypass all that SHIT that Samsung/your provider put on it, it kind of negates that advantage the iPhone had.

I don't hate either side, I just prefer the Nexus 5 to the iPhone and don't see anything in this new release that would give me a real advantage in switching.