• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

iPhone 6

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the coolest invention of all time! It hooks up to the phone via blutooth and transmits over FM to my speakers. The sound quality is awesome and I can hold the call button to activate Siri and make calls hands free in the car, browse music, all that stuff!

I drive a '92 cadillac. Being able to say "call whoever" or "play Black Sabbath" while I'm driving is awesome!

If I had a '92 Caddy and that device, this would be playing thru my speakers all the time…

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PLifPUIuic]MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - WHITE WALLS - FEAT. SCHOOLBOY Q AND HOLLIS (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO) - YouTube[/ame]

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No love for the rumored watch?

Swift is pretty cool as well.

Handoff (and the Google equivalent) are going to start pushing for more and more system lock-in.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be a huge Apple product hater.

"They're overpriced", "You're paying for a logo", "You can get X product 50x more powerful for the price"

I'm now an Apple fanboy after buying a MacBook Pro. Every Apple product I've ever owned has worked extremely well. I used to have a Dell laptop, started getting slow after a year. My MacBook is about a year and a half old and runs as fast as when I bought it, same goes for my iPad and iPhone.

As much as I love trying out other products, I will probably buy the iPhone 6. Part of me wants to try one of the Samsung phones, but my iPhone has been so good for me that I don't want to take the risk. I had an HTC phone that stopped working about a year after I bought it.

My two year contract expires in January, so that's probably when I'll pick it up. I'm in no rush since my current phone works perfectly though.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"They're overpriced", "You're paying for a logo", "You can get X product 50x more powerful for the price"

I'm now an Apple fanboy after buying a MacBook Pro. Every Apple product I've ever owned has worked extremely well. I used to have a Dell laptop, started getting slow after a year. My MacBook is about a year and a half old and runs as fast as when I bought it, same goes for my iPad and iPhone.

As much as I love trying out other products, I will probably buy the iPhone 6. Part of me wants to try one of the Samsung phones, but my iPhone has been so good for me that I don't want to take the risk. I had an HTC phone that stopped working about a year after I bought it.

My two year contract expires in January, so that's probably when I'll pick it up. I'm in no rush since my current phone works perfectly though.
I just got the HTC One M8, pretty good phone IMO. I've only had it a few weeks but haven't rn across any issues yet.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got the HTC One M8, pretty good phone IMO. I've only had it a few weeks but haven't rn across any issues yet.

I've had the same HTC Droid Incredible for like 3 years and it still works great. I'm thinking about getting the One sooner than later.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had the same HTC Droid Incredible for like 3 years and it still works great. I'm thinking about getting the One sooner than later.

This one has worked great, runs smooth and switches between apps with easy. My old HTC One V was acting like a complete piece of shit, finally had to upgrade.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good. Only other key difference is the 5c is roughly $100 less. If you don't notice a difference in performance, best to keep the cash in the wallet.

:agree:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to upgrading next month. Probably going to go with the 32gb model this time, I fill the 16gb up way too fast.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c9e962c8181bd872a4a25df0da315ca322726a80.jpg

A mockup of the iPhone 6, next to an iPhone 5s and iPhone 4s

...rumored to be coming by the end of September.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/iphone-6-rumored-to-arrive-in-september-in-two-sizes-92844255974.html

Anyone excited?

I just got the 5s in February. My girls have the 4 and can't wait to ditch those!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell yes I am. Ready for an upgrade, and my old ass needs a bigger screen. Hoping I don't have to wait for the 5.5", want it in September.

I agree with this post 100%. Sucks getting old.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've had friends say the same thing, even some that went from iphone to an android phone and came back. Now my wife is wanting to get the Galaxy. It's nice, but can't tell you how many times I have shown her how to do something on her phone because we have the same one. She is on her own with a non iphone. I don't think she understands the ramifications of that.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to upgrade from the 4s (which has started to slow down a lot), but I don't want the larger version. I have an iPad for that. I want the 4.7" version that actually fits in a pocket.

As for Apple vs Samsung, etc. I'm not a tech junkie, so I don't need to customize the OS or anything like that. Apple stuff works.

And the retail stores are a huge plus. I can walk 5 minutes from my office and get my Apple products fixed. I've got a Samsung laptop that hasn't switched on in 4 months, and I haven't had time to find a non-shady place to have it looked at or fixed (too much confidential data on it to send it away or take it just anywhere).

Plus I'm still up so much on the shares I bought in September 2007 that I'm playing with house money anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing short of foolish "we are apple we set the trends" pride kept apple from making a bigger phone at least 2 years ago.

They absolutely got their clocks cleaned by not going big sooner and that's why they are doing it now.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad got an iPhone5s and loves it, but I doubt he'll upgrade anytime soon, considering he had his Razr for literally 8 years. For myself, I hate Apple and have ever since my 60 gig iPod broke the day after the 1 year warranty expired. I haven't bought anything Apple since, and nothing of theirs has really tempted me yet.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing short of foolish "we are apple we set the trends" pride kept apple from making a bigger phone at least 2 years ago.

They absolutely got their clocks cleaned by not going big sooner and that's why they are doing it now.
Bigger phones are for women (and I guess men) who carry a purse. Otherwise it would be a pain in the ass unless you're some slouch with baggy and/or cargo pants.