• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

iPhone 6

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never owned a iPhone, I was simply responding to the remark that Apple products just work. The item I was having problems with was iPad mini. Based off that problem, I won't make a recommendation for a IPhone at all..

Hmm, that's odd. I love my ipad mini. I got a galaxy tab for my son since it was so much cheaper, and sent it back. The layout and menu's were shit, the "parental controls" is why I got it and were insanely stupid, and it just wasn't easy to use. Sent it back, got another mini, and love it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, I've got a old Samsung note 2 it works fine, but most everyone else has had problems with theirs. Never owned a iPhone myself. Some love them, some not so much....so IDK.

My mom hates her note2, always having issues with it. Most is probably user error.

I put people into four categories when it comes to iphones: 1) have em and love em because they work, 2) have em and hate em because "I don't like fences, man", 3) don't have em and hate them just because, or 4) don't have one because Android got to em first and it's what they know

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add this, love my iPad Air , but my MacBook runs like a pig, much slower then my older Windows laptop. Now I got this problem with the mini. On top of that a co work had malware that totally disable his iPad. Apple couldn't help, so they gave him a "a deal on a refurbish model" at a price. Apple products are now getting targeted and their security actually sucks IMO.

In short it doesn't just work, not even close.

100% guaranteed the ipad was jailbroken.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% guaranteed the ipad was jailbroken.

Don't bet on it. Just google my password won't work on my iPad and you'll see. Every other update worked just fine until this one. I'm betting that if I get the original password it will be fine. Heck I loved that mini up till now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mom hates her note2, always having issues with it. Most is probably user error.

I put people into four categories when it comes to iphones: 1) have em and love em because they work, 2) have em and hate em because "I don't like fences, man", 3) don't have em and hate them just because, or 4) don't have one because Android got to em first and it's what they know
The note 2 has problems without a doubt. My sister, my daughter and my neice all had theirs quit working, but lucky me, the only one without insurance on his phone has had zero problems and I've had this phone for a while.

I think #4 is the biggest thing. My daughters best friend had one and didn't like it, because she never got the hang of that phone vs android. However don't give me they just work, because that's not always true. Google tells me this is a fact.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang I got to careful not not to upset Apple fan boys. I'm kind of neutral on the subject of Apple products myself. I own lots of Apple hardware, own lots of other hardware also. The less problems I have, the better I like the product. They all have their problems.

dp_broncos

Possibly Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add this, love my iPad Air , but my MacBook runs like a pig, much slower then my older Windows laptop. Now I got this problem with the mini. On top of that a co work had malware that totally disable his iPad. Apple couldn't help, so they gave him a "a deal on a refurbish model" at a price. Apple products are now getting targeted and their security actually sucks IMO.

In short it doesn't just work, not even close.

The ONLY way an iPad can get malware is if you jailbreak it. (same with your password problem, you're iPad was probably jailbreaked at some point.) Jailbreaked? Jailbroken? Whatever.... :)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The note 2 has problems without a doubt. My sister, my daughter and my neice all had theirs quit working, but lucky me, the only one without insurance on his phone has had zero problems and I've had this phone for a while.

I think #4 is the biggest thing. My daughters best friend had one and didn't like it, because she never got the hang of that phone vs android. However don't give me they just work, because that's not always true. Google tells me this is a fact.

They do "just work" though. Sure there will still be lemons and bugs, but the overall idea still holds true. And the reason they "just work" is the same as why some don't like them. iPhone walls you in and protects you from yourself. You don't have all the options and freedom as you do with a non-iOS device, but that trade off is that they protect you from a lot of the bad stuff. Just look at the number of issues/bugs/viruses/hacking that goes on through Cydia as opposed to the Apple Store. I'm willing to trade off not being able to fully customize my phone in return for not having to really worry about it being bricked by some russian a-hole. But that's me and everyone is different. Luckily we have a few different options so everyone can have what they like. :)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do "just work" though. Sure there will still be lemons and bugs, but the overall idea still holds true. And the reason they "just work" is the same as why some don't like them. iPhone walls you in and protects you from yourself. You don't have all the options and freedom as you do with a non-iOS device, but that trade off is that they protect you from a lot of the bad stuff. Just look at the number of issues/bugs/viruses/hacking that goes on through Cydia as opposed to the Apple Store. I'm willing to trade off not being able to fully customize my phone in return for not having to really worry about it being bricked by some russian a-hole. But that's me and everyone is different. Luckily we have a few different options so everyone can have what they like. :)
Things are changing though. My co order just had his iPad bricked from malware, think it was called FBI Interpool of cyber security. Took it to Apple and they said it was DOA and he'd have to buy another. With the popularity of iPads and other Apple products, Apple products are getting targeted more often and yes they can be vulnerable .

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the point of the edge? I still have yet to hear. Other than either losing the edge with a case, or having a case that doesn't protect the edge.
Little things that aren't "must have" features quite yet but it's still an interesting concept. You can check the time or a text message on the side without waking up the phone which should help with how long a phone holds a charge if done right. I think you can also do a few things while you're looking at an internet page for example. It's kind of introducing the idea that you don't necessarily have to quit what you're doing just to get some quick information. I may get an edge on the upgrade after my next one just to make sure I'm not essentially a beta user while they try and perfect it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add a few more reasons for not being into ipad/iphones. #5 people who don't have buckets of money (Driods are generally much cheaper). #6 Anti apple in general.

I don't hate apple. Grew up using them more than anything else. Apple was the shit back in the day. Learned a lot of my programming on the old IIe and used the first gen Mac's in college. Problem was the same back then as now though, much more software written for PC's and everything is so much cheaper. I never had the Sony walkman back then either. It was something like it but half the price. I've never been a pay for brand name kind of person if something else works. Yes, I do Samsung phones and there are cheaper droids, but it's always a compromise between reliability and price and I've never had an issue with the Samsung phones.

It just seems natural that PC's/Droid are paired well together and those in the iFamily are happy with their product line integration. Our son is apple everything and he's entirely happy. Of course he made boatloads of money in the Navy in their nuke program. All of the rest of us are way too freaking cheap to get into them.