• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iowa Recruiting is In a Tailspin

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm giving this its own thread. Can someone please explain why? Eno Benjamin just decommitted and they're losing out on more and more big time guys from what sounds like apathy from their coaching staff in their approach to bringing guys in.

Ferentz was quoted as saying "In season official visits are a pain in the butt". That's a great way to inspire hope from your AD, boosters an fans about the future of your program...

Benjamin is scheduling an OV to Nebraska, and so is the 4 star DB who decommited earlier on.

Basically Iowa is a dumpster fire right now. Discuss tomorrow morning, because this thread is getting posted late.

giphy.gif

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kirk's "no visit" policy is a really dumb idea. Kind of reminds me of Bo...he doesn't want to play the game, and while I don't think all top recruits should be acting like prima donnas, he gets paid a lot of money to deal with that stuff.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a coach, I would encourage all players to take as many OVs as they can. If someone is paying for it, good way to see the country and make the best decision.

The best young man to have on the team, is a kid that has seen other places and wants to come to your school anyway. Even if it is in Iowa City.

Of course, high school kids are easily swayed, especially if they have not been able to travel in their lives.

Based on that, I would not last long as a coach.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking. They blew all their ships on 2-3* players last year mostly before the season started, effectively wasting the best season they've had in years. A cfb HC that hates recruiting is a recipe for disaster. It will take MR 3-4 cycles to make up for several years of Bo'shit recruiting. Its going to be rough for Iowa in the coming years as result