• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winter Recruiting Big Board

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead period starts next Monday but there are a LOT of names to check on until then. Official visit weekend is coming up as well, gonna be a big weekend. Currently here are the names we are in on. there's been a bit of shuffling but not much... I'm going to go by ranking

1. Foster Sarrell (5-Star, OT) [Graham, WA] - Sarrell still has Nebraska sitting high. Decision date is January 7th, Riley and Co already did BIG in-home this past weekend.

2. Darnay Holmes (5-Star, ATH) [Calabasas, CA] - Holmes has long been a top target, smart money is on hometown teams USC or UCLA but Rivals reporting that Nebraska still in the thick of it. Decision COULD be Jan. 7th or signing day.

3. Stephen Carr (5-Star, RB) [Fontana, CA] - Carr continues to be a long shot, if he visits it would be in January. Likely to stay committed to USC though after their close out to the season.

4. Joseph Lewis (5-Star, WR) [Los Angelas, CA] - Nebraska was already rumored to be in front with Lewis and the addition of Donte Holmes on staff might have made Nebraska the clear cut favorite. It's down to Nebraska and USC. Lewis will likely be deciding Jan. 7th as well.

5. Austin Jackson (4-Star, OT) [Phoenix, AZ] - Jackson has long been rumored to visit and Cav stopped by his home last week to try to convince him to take a look at Nebraska. If he visits we could have a shot.

6. Tyler Shelvin (4-Star, DT) [Lafayette, LA] - Shelvin has been a long time LSU commit and it's hard to see him moving on after Oregeron got hired at LSU full time, however, Rivals is reporting that he plans to visit January 13th giving Nebraska an outside shot at the elite interior lineman.

7. Thomas Graham (4-Star, CB) [Rancho Cucamonga, CA] - Graham is expecting an in-home from Nebraska this week. It's hard to see him leaving the west coast but the hiring of Donte Williams could be a big play here as well.

8. Deommodore Lenoir (4-Star, CB) [Los Angeles, CA] - Lenoir recently decommited from the Ducks but depending on who they hire he could be right back in line. Nebraska was in his final two but USC is making a push.

9. Chuck Filiaga (4-Star, OT) [Aledo, TX] - Filiaga is rumored to be visiting this weekend. He's long been a Nebraska interest and while he's likely behind Jackson and Sarell in the pecking order, Nebraska would not turn away a commitment.

10. Greg Johnson (4-Star, ATH) [Los Angeles, CA] - Former Arizona commit, the elite athlete decommitted upon hearing about Donte Williams' departure for Nebraska. Nebraska is now the favorite for Johnson as he already has officially visited and understands what the school is about.

11. Elijah Blades (4-Star, CB) [Pasadena, CA] - Blades is a current Florida commit but called Nebraska's hiring of Donte Williams a game changer for him. If Donte Williams and Nebraska can get him to visit, they could get a flip.

12. Isaac Slade-Matoutia (4-Star, LB) [Honolulu, HI] - Nebraska is getting the 4-star playmaker in this weekend. Would round out the class, looks like Nebraska cooled on Rahyme Johnson and put Slade in his place.

13. Jamire Calvin (4-Star, WR) [Los Angeles, CA] - Calvin is a burner and has Nebraska in his top group. Very likely commit, announces in January.

14. Rahyme Johnson (4-Star, LB) [Los Angeles, CA] - Johnson is an interesting duck... Nebraska really wanted him early on then cooled on him late in the process. Not sure why.

15. Damion Daniels (3-Star, DT) [Dallas, TX] - Nebraska seems to be out in front on this one. Most likely to pull the trigger soon on this list.

16. Gavin Holmes (3-Star, WR) [Justin, TX] - Good looking receiver out of Texas will be visiting this weekend.

17. Quran Hafiz (3-Star, CB) [Jacksonville, FL] - Nebraska really likes Hafiz as a project, he's an early enrollee so could back count to last year's class if we get him.

18-20: Eno Benjamin (former Iowa RB commit), Alaric Williams (current Auburn RB commit), Najee Harris (5-Star running back that Nebraska did an in-home visit with. Very unlikely)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska would like to get 7-10 out of these 20 prospects currently. I have the best feelings on Joseph Lewis, Greg Johnson, Isaac Slade-Matoutia, Jamire Calvin, Damion Daniels, Gavin Holmes and Quran Hafiz... Foster Sarell would be in the next tier with Elijah Blades... next tier would be Darnay Holmes.

I do NOT feel good about Stephen Carr, Austin Jackson, Tyler Shelvin, Thomas Graham, Lenoir or Filiaga or Rahyme Johnson.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LB kid from HI is a stud I hope we snag that dude

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hafiz is not a take if we get either Holmes or Blades, right?

I'm not sure... Hafiz is an early enrollee so we can't really slow play him, it depends on how we feel. My guess is we take him and still take the others if they want in and figure out the numbers later.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure... Hafiz is an early enrollee so we can't really slow play him, it depends on how we feel. My guess is we take him and still take the others if they want in and figure out the numbers later.

Very much a shoot first ask questions later type of deal. :nod:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the recruiting class fills out with kids just from that list, that would be pretty good.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much a shoot first ask questions later type of deal. :nod:
With the others, I'd agree. I don't like Hafiz that much though, especially with a decent shot at getting others higher on our list and a decent amount of young talent at the position already.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Riley went in-home with Thomas Graham instead of Hafiz last night... think that tells the tail right there. Looks like they are pretty confident in their tier one guys. Hafiz likely goes to Iowa State now, however, I think we might take his commitment if he still chooses Nebraska. But Riley really showed his hand here choosing Graham over Hafiz in the in home.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that being said, I feel better about Thomas Graham now than I ever have. He loves Donte Williams and Riley and Williams went in-home last night.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's odd MR spending his visits 2 months before closing time, maybe he figures these guys won't be on the table later?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like this staff is selecting who they visit. Rather then having to go somewhere because he is the best of what's left over.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's odd MR spending his visits 2 months before closing time, maybe he figures these guys won't be on the table later?

Thomas Graham is deciding in December, others are early enrollees, now is the time to visit as the dead period starts next week. they are very strategic with it.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not helping the case much saying ISU would be the school we beat out for him.

I'm saying if we wanted him we would have him, we obviously think the big fish are interested. We let him off the hook. I'm not convinced we don't still take him if he wants in though but we sent a message loud and clear by sending Riley to Graham's house instead of his.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas Graham is deciding in December, others are early enrollees, now is the time to visit as the dead period starts next week. they are very strategic with it.
I suppose we'll find out soon enough, I'd guess MR learned the recruiting game well while at SC