• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iowa QB Jake Rudock's waiver approved by B10 - will transfer to Michigan

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being an Iowa fan, I would have loved to have seen Ferentz coaching at Michigan!!! That would be better for Iowa.
Rudock was a 3* recruit out of a power high school...but only garnered 3 stars. That says a lot. Many Iowa fans thought he would be a stud at Iowa....but his stats don't reflect that. Additionally, you need to really understand the Iowa offensive philosophy. Rudock started because he managed the game the way Ferentz wants.
Many think that Ferentz develops players, but of late, that only means offensive linemen, a few LBs, and a few secondary guys. I should include TEs as well. The rest of the positions....debatable.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, is Harbs a good QB coach? Can he develop talent? I think Luck would have been great no matter where he went. Harbs just does not have a track record yet of developing that talent. Maybe he can but so far the class is Eh.

You're probably right that Luck would have been great no matter what. But, it's worth noting that he wasn't all that highly recruited. So, Harbaugh does have an eye for talent. I don't know that he doesn't have a track record for developing talent. Look what he did at Stanford. . . and rather quickly.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right that Luck would have been great no matter what. But, it's worth noting that he wasn't all that highly recruited. So, Harbaugh does have an eye for talent. I don't know that he doesn't have a track record for developing talent. Look what he did at Stanford. . . and rather quickly.
I think that's the question though...he was only at Stanford for what, 4 years? That's not long enough to be able to tell if he was great at finding and developing players, because for all anybody knows, he could have LUCKed out ( :laugh: ). There isn't a track record that shows any sort of consistency, because it's short.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really believe that they would report that there was little improvement by the players? Every year under Hoke there was reports of HUGE improvements and it never showed on the field. I know Harbaugh is a new coach but does change that these are all the same people making the same claims of improvements.

Michigan has two tough OOC games in BYU and @Utah. Both very losable games. That's not including Oregon State. Very easily two losses there. Michigan State and Ohio State are probably 80+% both loses despite being home games. Michigan could just as easily miss a bowl game as they are to win 9 games.

The defense gave up 22.4 points per game with an easy schedule, this year is going to be tougher.

Yeah, I do believe they would report poor performances because that's exactly what they're reporting for the quarterbacks right now. That's why getting a somewhat proven decent QB in Rudock is great for this team. It provides a safety net. In general, we won't be any worse than that at the QB position.

One of the major differences was that Hoke ran a lot of 7 v 7 stuff. So guys looked better but at full game speed they weren't. Sure, some of that could still exist now but I trust what people are seeing under Harbaugh a lot more than I did under Hoke since Harbaugh is running actual contact practices with real offense vs. defense scrimmaging.

I would still argue it's more likely they win 9 games than lose 6 or more. I just don't think with decent coaching that this team will have a hard time climbing out of the hole that Hoke dug them into with poor coaching.

Utah is certainly losable. I just can't see us losing to BYU or Oregon State at home. Both teams were pretty much garbage last year. I think Hoke probably would have beat both last year. Even counting MSU, OSU and Utah as losses, that still puts Michigan at 9 very easily winnable games. Assuming we lose 1, say Penn State, we should be better than the remaining teams. That's 8 wins. That's why I don't believe 8 wins is our ceiling and why I think 9 wins is more likely than 6 or less. It wouldn't take much improvement for us to get to 9 wins or more. It would take a lot of disappointment and regression to get down to 6 or less.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all understand that Harbough was at Stanford for a few years. Part of his credibility is the success that Stanford had after Harbough left. Maybe up until this last year, Stanford has done very well for itself indicating that maybe those players were tied to Harbough's recruiting?????

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing grapevine rumors that the Wolverines QB's are not looking so good in Spring practice... but one never knows about rumors. One more day of practice remaining today (Friday), and then the Spring football game is tomorrow (Saturday April 4) at noon on BTN.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing grapevine rumors that the Wolverines QB's are not looking so good in Spring practice... but one never knows about rumors. One more day of practice remaining today (Friday), and then the Spring football game is tomorrow (Saturday April 4) at noon on BTN.
Last year with Braxton Miller out, OSU's offense looked like a clown show with JT Barrett and Cardale Jones running the show. Somehow, it all worked out.

Spring ball is for development, not for looking pretty.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a nice OOC schedule Michigan has, all teams are west of the Rocky Mountains

Utah (2014 9-4)

BYU (2014 8-5) Nebraska plays them also, but Michigan probably gets the entire BYU team, Nebraska might have BYU players being disciplined

Oregon State (2014 5-7) with Gary Anderson ex of the Big 10 as their head coach.

The fluff game will be UNLV that just hired one of the better high school coaches in the game, who brought over some Nebraska assistant coaches.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the talent that much better at Michigan? You lost your only receiving threat and have no running game. Iowa at least made a bowl game last year.

I quoted your message so you'd get an alert. What I really wanted to talk about was back when we got that grad transfer Wayne Lyons from Stanford. You were claiming we hired his mom so that we could get him, but from the sound of this article it seems like that couldn't be further from the truth:

CB Wayne Lyons looking forward to new Michigan challenge, chance to chase his dreams | MLive.com

"The 6-foot-1, 193-pound corner had finished his senior season at Stanford, he knew he'd be completing his degree in the spring and, at the time, he believed his next step was to begin preparations for a run in the National Football League.

But from the minute the Harbaugh news became official, Lyons' attention pointed east.

Harbaugh had recruited him out of high school prior to the start of the 2011 season, but by the time Lyons arrived at Stanford, Harbaugh was in the NFL.

So when he saw another chance to play for the man he originally thought he'd be spending his college career with, Lyons jumped."

"The other link for Lyons at Michigan is his mother, Gwendolyn Bush. Harbaugh met Bush during Lyons' recruitment during his high school days at Dillard High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. And after taking the job at Michigan, he hired her to become the program's new director of player development.

Lyons said the fact that his mother will be with him in Ann Arbor is "an added bonus," but at the end of the day, he says he opted to spend one final year in college for the chance to experience something new, to further his education and to hopefully help Michigan win football games."

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted your message so you'd get an alert. What I really wanted to talk about was back when we got that grad transfer Wayne Lyons from Stanford. You were claiming we hired his mom so that we could get him, but from the sound of this article it seems like that couldn't be further from the truth:

CB Wayne Lyons looking forward to new Michigan challenge, chance to chase his dreams | MLive.com

"The 6-foot-1, 193-pound corner had finished his senior season at Stanford, he knew he'd be completing his degree in the spring and, at the time, he believed his next step was to begin preparations for a run in the National Football League.

But from the minute the Harbaugh news became official, Lyons' attention pointed east.

Harbaugh had recruited him out of high school prior to the start of the 2011 season, but by the time Lyons arrived at Stanford, Harbaugh was in the NFL.

So when he saw another chance to play for the man he originally thought he'd be spending his college career with, Lyons jumped."

"The other link for Lyons at Michigan is his mother, Gwendolyn Bush. Harbaugh met Bush during Lyons' recruitment during his high school days at Dillard High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. And after taking the job at Michigan, he hired her to become the program's new director of player development.

Lyons said the fact that his mother will be with him in Ann Arbor is "an added bonus," but at the end of the day, he says he opted to spend one final year in college for the chance to experience something new, to further his education and to hopefully help Michigan win football games."

Is he giving every transfer's mom a job?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he giving every transfer's mom a job?
No...but he also didn't recruit the other transfers out of HS and had no previous knowledge of their parent's skillsets.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was he supposed to admit to a clear NCAA violation that would lead to a post season ban and additional sanctions? I'm not saying that's why he went there or that Harbaugh did anything wrong. I did say at the time it should be something that the NCAA take a look at because there is definitely some smoke with that situation but ultimately the NCAA would find nothing with little evidence because they turn a blind eye to a lot of things, with many universities.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was he supposed to admit to a clear NCAA violation that would lead to a post season ban and additional sanctions? I'm not saying that's why he went there or that Harbaugh did anything wrong. I did say at the time it should be something that the NCAA take a look at because there is definitely some smoke with that situation but ultimately the NCAA would find nothing with little evidence because they turn a blind eye to a lot of things, with many universities.

Personally, I believed every word of that.

No, really. 7Sam, you are just a cynic.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...but he also didn't recruit the other transfers out of HS and had no previous knowledge of their parent's skillsets.

So he is just giving jobs to some of the recruits patents. How does he pick and chose?

It should be mentioned that Harbaugh just picked up a commitment from a 4 star QB last night.

Brandon Peters - Yahoo! Sports

So add that to the QB scholarship list next year.

If you throw enough shat at the wall something will eventually stick.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 passing td's in a double overtime game and not a defender within 10 yards of the receiver on any of them. Taken in context it's really not all that impressive.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not probable, but it would be so sweet for Michigan (and Rudock) to play and beat Iowa in the B1G championship game.