• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Iowa at Iowa State - 12 pm EST - ESPN2

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty high bar if 330/5 TDs/0 INTs isn't good enough lol

I get what you are saying, but against better teams, he needs to hit those open receivers or it is going to be a long year.

Fant is a big weapon but you have to be able to hit him.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised how good Montgomery played. I hated watching him but at the same time I was enjoying watching him. He is an exciting running back, but unfortunately it was to the expense of Iowa's defense.

ISU's defensive front surprised me. Not just they made Iowa's OL struggle at times, but they did good moving sideline to sideline.

I was also listening to the radio after the game and Ferentz mentioned that Josey Jewell's injury wasn't a sprained ankle, but more achilles injury.

Seriously? D would be effed without him.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying, but against better teams, he needs to hit those open receivers or it is going to be a long year.

Fant is a big weapon but you have to be able to hit him.
Against better teams those guys won't be 5 yards open lol. Yes ideally you want your QB to hit all the open throws but that's not really realistic . Stanley , overall , has been MUCH better than I expected as have the receivers . As long as they keep improving I'll be happy. This was never going to be a 10+ win team so if they get to 8 or even 9 I'll be very happy

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised how good Montgomery played. I hated watching him but at the same time I was enjoying watching him. He is an exciting running back, but unfortunately it was to the expense of Iowa's defense.

ISU's defensive front surprised me. Not just they made Iowa's OL struggle at times, but they did good moving sideline to sideline.

I was also listening to the radio after the game and Ferentz mentioned that Josey Jewell's injury wasn't a sprained ankle, but more achilles injury.

Ike Boettger has the achillies injury dummy. Had me worried. Still sucks but would have been worse with Josey

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against better teams those guys won't be 5 yards open lol. Yes ideally you want your QB to hit all the open throws but that's not really realistic . Stanley , overall , has been MUCH better than I expected as have the receivers . As long as they keep improving I'll be happy. This was never going to be a 10+ win team so if they get to 8 or even 9 I'll be very happy

He had no pressure and a wide open receiver. You have to hit those! I am happy with him too, but the learning curve of fumbles, false starts, delay of games, and missing open receivers could really bite us down the road. I hope he gets it figured out two weeks from now. Go Hawks!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having experienced a ruptured Achilles I can promise you Josey wouldn't have been back on the field lol

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just left Nick Easley's mom's house, his brother said that he had strep all week and his neck is swollen with tonsil issues. He is questionable for North Texas.