• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Introduce Yourself

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the recent trend of teams leaving their history behind when they move. The Ravens left the Browns history in Cleveland when they left. The Pelicans carried the Hornets name with them as they roamed across the country, but once they adopted the Pelican name, I think they dropped the Hornet history as well. I believe when the Bobcats reclaimed the Hornet name, they also took the history. Though I am not certain about that. The Thunder left the Sonics behind.

However, the Raiders have held on to their likeness. As have the Rams. And the Chargers. And as will the A’s (most likely).
You mean the Philadelphia Athletics?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it would be a new team
No expos history would carry over
The new team would most likely have to negotiate with the bats to use the name expos
Not sure. The Senators became the Twins, and yet the Senators‘ retired numbers are with the Nats in DC. Oh dear.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. The Senators became the Twins, and yet the Senators‘ retired numbers are with the Nats in DC. Oh dear.
And that shows the shift that cal brought up but also shows the silliness of it. Do you celebrate the history of the current franchise or the current city? If both, how does that reconcile with the past city (cities) of the franchise if they also have a team?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The A's have built a history as a baseball nomad. That is now, in my opinion, part of their legacy.
I agree. Same with the RAYDAH’S. But no one thinks of the Senators when talking about the Rangers or Twins. And no one SHOULD think of the Expos when talking about the Nats.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That move happened before the concept of leaving histories behind started.

Same with the Giants.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that shows the shift that cal brought up but also shows the silliness of it. Do you celebrate the history of the current franchise or the current city? If both, how does that reconcile with the past city (cities) of the franchise if they also have a team?
If we wanted to retcon, the Mets SHOULD own the NY histories of both the Giants AND Dodgers. But that just wasn’t a thing when the Mets were born.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we wanted to retcon, the Mets SHOULD own the NY histories of both the Giants AND Dodgers. But that just wasn’t a thing when the Mets were born.
And I want the Giants to own the history of the Troy Trojans. Who else is going to pick up that mantle?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that they didn't but I think that they should.
I am not certain. I just thought that was one of the iterations that they claim as an ancestor.

:noidea:

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I’m the newbie here. But I have been a Giant fan before I was born. My dad would whisper at my moms stomach “Willie Mays is the greatest” and he was right.

I have stuck with the Giants even when they stuck with Johnny LeMaster for all those years.
That wasn’t right.

I’m still not convinced our manager is the right fit for this team, but for now I’ll see what happens until it is over. If we don’t do it I’m taking it to the front office and will cause a scene.

Was over at pro sports daily a few years before they signed Zito and stayed until they closed it down a few months ago. There was only four of us left.

I did a study of my opinions on pro sports daily years ago and found out I was correct 99% of the time. I did after all pick the Giants winning the 2010 World Series two years before it happened.

I’m hoping my time here brings knowledge, encouragement, laughter and joy.

One more thing, I dislike the dodgers more than they think they are special.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a study of my opinions on pro sports daily years ago and found out I was correct 99% of the time
I did a study of my opinions not so long ago and found that my opinions were correct a cool 100% of the time. So watch yourself with your error-prone opinions in these parts…

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I’m the newbie here. But I have been a Giant fan before I was born. My dad would whisper at my moms stomach “Willie Mays is the greatest” and he was right.

I have stuck with the Giants even when they stuck with Johnny LeMaster for all those years.
That wasn’t right.

I’m still not convinced our manager is the right fit for this team, but for now I’ll see what happens until it is over. If we don’t do it I’m taking it to the front office and will cause a scene.

Was over at pro sports daily a few years before they signed Zito and stayed until they closed it down a few months ago. There was only four of us left.

I did a study of my opinions on pro sports daily years ago and found out I was correct 99% of the time. I did after all pick the Giants winning the 2010 World Series two years before it happened.

I’m hoping my time here brings knowledge, encouragement, laughter and joy.

One more thing, I dislike the dodgers more than they think they are special.
Welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself over here. We are all a bit crusty over here, so please don't take it personally. You'll also read a few joking comments that we are tzill's alts. It goes back years ago to a poster claiming that he was the only person posting under a bunch of alias. Either that person was right and tzill loves to argue with himself or we really are different posters.
Invite your friends from pro sports daily over, they are more than welcome to join too. Also, your dues are owed to filo (not really, another joke, he was the one who found this forum years ago that lead to our eventual migration from ESPN). Oh and cal only thinks his opinions are right. His study was actually my opinions, he just stole them from me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the recent trend of teams leaving their history behind when they move. The Ravens left the Browns history in Cleveland when they left. The Pelicans carried the Hornets name with them as they roamed across the country, but once they adopted the Pelican name, I think they dropped the Hornet history as well. I believe when the Bobcats reclaimed the Hornet name, they also took the history. Though I am not certain about that. The Thunder left the Sonics behind.

However, the Raiders have held on to their likeness. As have the Rams. And the Chargers. And as will the A’s (most likely).
The one move I'm passionate about is the N.O. Jazz -> Utah.

There's no way in hell Utah should be allowed to have any team named 'Jazz':nono:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one move I'm passionate about is the N.O. Jazz -> Utah.

There's no way in hell Utah should be allowed to have any team named 'Jazz':nono:
Same with the Lakers.

But those moves came before the Browns moved to Baltimore. The practice didn’t exist yet.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with the Lakers.

But those moves came before the Browns moved to Baltimore. The practice didn’t exist yet.
I always thought that the name is a bit ironic for an LA team, where rivers are concrete ditches with no water in them and the only "lakes" are man made.