• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Introduce Yourself

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I already did this.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a fan of the Giants as long as I can remember as my Grandfather and my mom are huge Giants fans. I wasn't a huge Giants fan until about 1995 because I also followed Ken Griffey Jr. as well. When I was a kid, I was more about the individual players. Remember going to a playoff game against the Cardinals at Candlestick park in 1987. Don't even remember if the Giants won or lost (I was 7), I just remember it being colder than feck and my dad and I drinking hot spiced cider out of a thermos. Been to a handful of games at the Phone Booth. Love it there. Also remember being up in the upper deck on warm days and eating chocolate malts and pretending I was Jeffrey Leonard (my buddy was a huge Chili Davis fan). My buddy's dad was a professional NL Umpire so I got treated to a lot of field and locker room visits that was amazing. Met Dale Murphy, Pete Rose, Ken Caminiti, Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio and a handful of other stars. Will Clark hates my face. I miss Candlestick for the nostalgia, but not much else. Bought my latest Giants hat there in 2006 when Noah Lowry beat the Reds and got to watch Griffey Jr. play. Noah was my favorite Giant at the time. Also got to drink some Anchor Steam's in a plastic bottle.....which was interesting, lol. Went to game 162 against the pAAAdres and watched Mat Latos lose to Durty.
I've only ever really posted on the Disney board before this one. Sometimes I'd peruse the Runboard and McCovey Cove, but never posted on either of them. I used to enjoy reading Frisco_Short_Stop (play in his Stanley Cup pool occassionally), balzac, jobuneedsarefill, Doyle, BruteSentiment, GoldenBears and a couple others. Didn't really care for a lot of the other regulars.
I started posting in 2001 very sparingly and didn't start really being an active participant until after the migration of the past regulars to the RunBoard. Met a lot of the fine folks on this forum from the Disney board. 2010 was amazing in many ways.....this board made it all the better.
Converted my wife from a Dodger fan to a Giants fan too. :heh:
I feel like this is a story that needs to be shared and am surprised no one asked about it.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi all
I’m a former Expos fan from Canada
Was not a fan of any team per de ( other than the Jays) but I m a national league fan thru and thru
Became. Giants fan during the 2010 World Series
I see a lot of games via mlb subscription
Welcome! Glad to have you on board.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi all
I’m a former Expos fan from Canada
Was not a fan of any team per de ( other than the Jays) but I m a national league fan thru and thru
Became. Giants fan during the 2010 World Series
I see a lot of games via mlb subscription
I grew up in Minnesota. I always liked the Expos. Raines, Carter, Staub (le grand o’range), Roger’s, Dawson, Foli, etc.

Did you know the Expos’ retired numbers are displayed at Nationals Park in DC?

maxrandomness

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi
Yes those are some greats you mentioned there
It was nice to see Larry walker get into the HOF too! I’ve seen the display of retired expos numbers on a telecast game
Nice of them to do that!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi
Yes those are some greats you mentioned there
It was nice to see Larry walker get into the HOF too! I’ve seen the display of retired expos numbers on a telecast game
Nice of them to do that!
If Montreal gets an expansion team or if an established team moves to Montreal, will the Nats have to abandon their Montreal history or is the original Expos history officially gone from any future Montreal team?

maxrandomness

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it would be a new team
No expos history would carry over
The new team would most likely have to negotiate with the bats to use the name expos

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the recent trend of teams leaving their history behind when they move. The Ravens left the Browns history in Cleveland when they left. The Pelicans carried the Hornets name with them as they roamed across the country, but once they adopted the Pelican name, I think they dropped the Hornet history as well. I believe when the Bobcats reclaimed the Hornet name, they also took the history. Though I am not certain about that. The Thunder left the Sonics behind.

However, the Raiders have held on to their likeness. As have the Rams. And the Chargers. And as will the A’s (most likely).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the recent trend of teams leaving their history behind when they move. The Ravens left the Browns history in Cleveland when they left. The Pelicans carried the Hornets name with them as they roamed across the country, but once they adopted the Pelican name, I think they dropped the Hornet history as well. I believe when the Bobcats reclaimed the Hornet name, they also took the history. Though I am not certain about that. The Thunder left the Sonics behind.

However, the Raiders have held on to their likeness. As have the Rams. And the Chargers. And as will the A’s (most likely).
The A's have built a history as a baseball nomad. That is now, in my opinion, part of their legacy.