• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting take on this years QBs

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One NFL scout told the Bengals' website that this year's top draft-eligible quarterbacks have "enough pros and cons" that they deserve to be selected around the 35th overall pick "if there wasn't such a need at the top of the draft."

In other words, the scout seemingly believes Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel and Derek Carr are all not elite franchise quarterback-type talents. We've seen it suggested previously that this year's QB class compares to 2011's, when Jake Locker (No. 8), Blaine Gabbert (10), and Christian Ponder (12) were all severely overdrafted. The Texans, Jaguars, Browns and Raiders all need quarterbacks this year, and all draft in the top five.

Kinda interesting with all the talk of a QB going #1.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One NFL scout told the Bengals' website that this year's top draft-eligible quarterbacks have "enough pros and cons" that they deserve to be selected around the 35th overall pick "if there wasn't such a need at the top of the draft."

In other words, the scout seemingly believes Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel and Derek Carr are all not elite franchise quarterback-type talents. We've seen it suggested previously that this year's QB class compares to 2011's, when Jake Locker (No. 8), Blaine Gabbert (10), and Christian Ponder (12) were all severely overdrafted. The Texans, Jaguars, Browns and Raiders all need quarterbacks this year, and all draft in the top five.

I agree with the scout .........
Not a damn one of those Qbs I'd want on the Cowboys ......
Not a damn one of them

and Johnny Football ..... is this years current Tebow ...... FUCK NO

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case. I will be curious to see which of these GMs that need QB, has the guts to pass them up for something else in the top picks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case. I will be curious to see which of these GMs that need QB, has the guts to pass them up for something else in the top picks.

It's the QB position and that drives this league ...3 will be gone and maybe 4 by the time we pick even if a couple seem to be reaches. If you don't have a QB in this league you are working against the 8 ball. That's why they get so much money and that's why someone will take a chance on these guys before they probably should from a talent point of view. I still can't believe how early scrubs like Ponder and Locker went. Like that year, this is the best thing for us. We aren't taking one of them and they will push the talent back a few spots for us.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\ Like that year, this is the best thing for us. We aren't taking one of them and they will push the talent back a few spots for us.

Exactly :suds:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this class is better than the one from 2011. I do agree that there is no elite qb. Bortles has potential to be decent with the right coaching. Comparing Tebow to Manziel is ludicrous. Manziel is a far better prospect than Tebow. I actually like Murray in the later rounds.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this class is better than the one from 2011. I do agree that there is no elite qb. Bortles has potential to be decent with the right coaching. Comparing Tebow to Manziel is ludicrous. Manziel is a far better prospect than Tebow. I actually like Murray in the later rounds.

To each his own ..... I do not think Manziel is an NFL Qb

Bortles I would take .... but not in the 1st. I think he needs time to learn and grow. He's a guy I think would be ok if you could take him in a later round and let him sit on the bench for a few years.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cowboys mess this draft up I can see us being in the Marcus Mariota sweepstakes in the 2015 draft. This team is too stupid to learn from previous mistakes. Lee will be on ir by week 8 and Ware will be limping around all season. I also don't see guys like Claiborne or Carr getting any better because they dont fit zone.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you about Bortles. I don't think he is ready but may be good if he sits a year

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all theater. We can barely come to a consensus of what is a good QB in the NFL.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all theater. We can barely come to a consensus of what is a good QB in the NFL.

Sure we can LOL

It's a guy that is able to make all the throws. Then he just has to be smart enough to know which throws to make.

With Manziel .... and this is why I don't like him.... He is a one option or run Qb ..... and that just doesn't translate at the NFL level.
I think Bridgewater would be ok if he could step into a SanFran/Seattle type situation... but he isn't. He's going to goto a crap team and be expected to be a savior.... and I just don't see it.
Bortles is pure raw......

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAA

Manziel is being compared to Tebow on NFL Network right now .....

Guess I'm not the only one that thinks it

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAA

i think so too. could see us going after Garapio(SP) or Murray in the late rounds if they are there

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are mixed reviews on johnny football. He is a unique player. I just don't see him being the bust that Tebow was. I don consider him elite either. He looks more like jeff garcia than tebow. The main problem I see with Manziel is his size and arm strength. I would take him over stiffs like quincy carter,drew henson, stephen mcgee,ryan leaf anyday

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAA

I see him kinda like a Doug Flutie type.
He will make a some cool play during the year everyone will talk about. Keeping him in the conversation for the next year. Rinse & repeat. So the hype sticks around awhile all the while he never becomes an above avg. QB & holds the team back for a good few years. Ala Doug Flutie.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to have Bortles. Too bad he won't be around in the 3rd or 4th where he should be taken

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
check me as one that thinks Manzeil will be very good

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen it suggested previously that this year's QB class compares to 2011's, when Jake Locker (No. 8), Blaine Gabbert (10), and Christian Ponder (12) were all severely overdrafted.
So who is the Cam Newton of this draft?

Imo, its like a poor man's version of the 2012 QB class. Bortles could be like Luck but without the leg speed. Bridgewater could be like RG3 without the scrambling (wait - thats a good thing). Manziel could be like Wilson but without the arm strength.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is why with the #1 pick I think HOU does what they did last time they were in this spot...pass on the flashy QB and take the defensive stud.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why with the #1 pick I think HOU does what they did last time they were in this spot...pass on the flashy QB and take the defensive stud.

you know the GM will take a lot of grief though. That is why I wonder which GMs will be able to do what they think they should instead of taking the pressure pick. guess we will see who are the good GMs early this draft.