• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Question..

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more you can expand on your opinion of Lee, the better. The board could use a new opinion on the subject. (Billy Bean up there might only be interested in Type B FAs, Cubans and losing playoff series, but the more we know about the most overrated CFB player coming into the 2013 season the better.)

My opinion on Lee won't change based on anything anyone presents to me. I've read plenty of reports on him and have watched him play on numerous occasions. Just like your opinion isn't going to change. Not sure why we need to rehash this again.

As for Beane, he has done wonders with the payroll of the A's. "Under his tenure, the A's compiled a 976–804 (.548) record, the fifth best in all of baseball during that time frame, and won four American League West titles. Additionally, under Beane's watch, Oakland players garnered numerous individual awards: Jason Giambi and Miguel Tejada were named AL Most Value Players in 2000 and 2002, respectively; Barry Zito was named an AL Cy Young Award winner in 2002; and Bobby Crosby and Huston Street earned back-to-back AL Rookie of the Year awards in 2004 and 2005, respectively. Beane was also named Sporting News' Executive of the Year in 1999 and won Baseball America's 2002 award as MLB's Executive of the Year. In December 2009, Sports Illustrated placed Beane at No. 10 on its list of the Top 10 GMs/Executives of the Decade in the sporting world."

But I digress, that's neither here nor there and I'd rather not get into it on the Lions board. Let's just agree to disagree on that eh?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Omar Epps were to play Mike Thomas :-)suds:)in a movie, based on a Michael Lewis book, he'd probably make a ProBowl. (Im still annoyed how Art Howe was portrayed.)

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Omar Epps were to play Mike Thomas :-)suds:)in a movie, based on a Michael Lewis book, he'd probably make a ProBowl. (Im still annoyed how Art Howe was portrayed.)

I keep reading these posts on accident. I'm getting a bit dranked up

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more you can expand on your opinion of Lee, the better. The board could use a new opinion on the subject. (Billy Bean up there might only be interested in Type B FAs, Cubans and losing playoff series, but the more we know about the most overrated CFB player coming into the 2013 season the better.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
I will not label Lee as the most over-rated CFB player coming into this years draft. That would belong to Bama LT Cyrus Kouandjio (I'm a big Bama fan after my Wolverines). Now onto my personal thoughts in regards to WR Marqise Lee.

Cons:
When facing press or even at times man coverage; he isn't physical enough or somewhat limited in breaking off, doesn't fight through jams too well nor will he hand fight/chop through coverage, can be pushed around too easy at times off his routes, doesn't use his body as well as he could to block out/shade a cb's ability to jump the route, loses concentration at the most inopportune time coming over the middle.

Pros: He is one of the top 3 wr's in route running (minus the above con notation) as far as plants crisply and can explode through his breaks in off coverage, can track the ball with relative ease when he has separation, able to get up to top speed quickly, transitions well in the seams (mostly zone coverage), shows the ability for a second gear after the catch out on the boundary for additional yac. His hands are not completely awful as he showed more awareness/concentration in his frosh/soph. years. He also had a shitty QB this year not to mention the knee issues, which can plague a wr's concentration due to pain he cuts, goes into or comes out of his breaks, or a cb who displays extreme physical coverage.

anymore analysis would turn into a reader's digest short story... Watch Mayhew target him, it's my gut intuition that he is the LIONS 1st rd. pick (Watkins being gone by the time we pick). The kid has come from a tough/horrible childhood and is determined to excel. Read his BIO on ESPN insider, it's truly inspiring.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty Maybe we get Lucky w/Watkins

Possible 2014 Draft
#1. Hou QB Bortles (higher upside than Teddy B.)
#2. Cle QB Manziel (Banner/Lombardi feuded with Chud over Manziel) Stl gets #4, #26, #102
#3. Jax QB Bridgewater (OC Fisch will be salivating until Teddy gets hurts 1st game)
#4. Atl DE Clowney (Atl needs the best pass rusher) Stl gets #6, #68, #135/Atl gets #4. #102
#5. Oak OLB Barr ( Mark Davis needs a QB but none worthy here, bypasses Watkins)
#6. Stl OT Matthews (Solidifies LT as J. Long had ACL, R. Saffold a FA)
#7. TB OT Greg Robinson (Auburn's LT provides protection for M. Glennon)
#8. Stl OLB Mack (GM Spielman won't reach for D. Carr here) Min gets #13, #68, #180
#9. Buf OT Lewan (Cordy Glenn slides back to RT/Lewan better served as blind side for Manuel)
#10. Det WR Watkins (Mayhew creaming his jorts in disbelief that Watkins drops) :noidea: :suds:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Evans could be a good pickup as well. He is 6-5 with decent athleticism but then there is the fear that he is just another Durham :whistle: but I doubt.. I like some of the safety and OLB prospects in this draft.. If Barr or Watkins both fall to the Lions, I honestly would go with the former..