• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting article on Philly.com

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this article is really flawed because it only show one side of the story. I also think its pretty lame to complain after a win. But the topic is that the writer thinks Philly got jobbed by the refs being that there was defensive holding on Dallas every crucial play in the game, especially the 3rd and short for Philly on our last drive that lead us to punt. Now I'm not saying I agree with this article because it is very slanted but I found the picture by picture breakdown interesting. On the 3rd and short play where Foles rolled out and slid down forcing Philly to punt Riley Coopers jersey was getting pulled the entire time he made his break to a wide open area. If you're at all interested... check it out. The break downs are cool and sort of reminds me of the show with Jaws and Hodge that breaks down key plays during games.

Film review: Neither Cowboys nor refs can beat the Eagles

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does it mention the 20 seconds the Cowboys were robbed of?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes your qb got rattled and shoud have called for groundin at least 4 times and it was called only one time. I guess it is now time to make excuses for when brees destroys your defense?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the posters on here that don't think PE1 is a troll

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to bet, if we broke down each play the Eagles were on defense, we would find several missed holding calls against Dallas receivers.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at anyone that doesn't think you are :whistle:

well....least an attention seeking shock value opinion anyways

hell....I'm considered a troll on the redskin board cause everything I said this summer came true. Now I'm a post away from being banned if not on the smack talk thread, BUT....it's ok to post a thread with my name as the title.

It is what it is and I'm still trying to figure out if this place is better than espn

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to bet, if we broke down each play the Eagles were on defense, we would find several missed holding calls against Dallas receivers.

THats why I said the article was slanted and one sided. Those were not grounding plays by Foles though. Once youre outside of the pocket you can throw the ball down. That delay of the game penalty was bad... really bad but it was just one 5 yard penalty that Dallas was able to over come.

Arlington, explain to me how Im trolling. I said I dont even agree with the article and that its completely one sided. I just love articles and shows that break down plays. I'd be equally as interested if a Dallas beat writer posted evidence of him feeling the Cowboys got jobbed. There a handful of us NFL fans that loved the show with Jaws and Hodge that broke down plays and illustrated the small intricate developments that lead to a play being successful or not. Its fascinating to see the game like how the coaches do with film break down. I was just sharing an article I found interesting and letting people who like the strategy side too.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he also brought up the fact that in the article Dallas was called for zero penalty's outside of that garbage delay of game penalty. Foles absolutely did not "ground" the ball on those plays. In fact, people were applauding him for managing that part of the game really well. Foles taking sacks and chucking the ball out of bounds instead of forcing passes and turning the ball over is why he has been playing so well.

I've never understood this so called "trolling" crap PDay. If you went to the Skins board with evidence that shot down their theories all you did was frustrate them and they went the route of calling you a troll, I dont know what to say. A troll post is when some random poster comes on a board and says, "Dallas and Philly suck because they dont have RG3". I know I've never seen you post like that PDay nor have I. Another example of a troll post is when a team comes away with an extremely close win and the losing team has a poster that says, "I guess it is now time to make excuses for when brees destroys your defense?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Brees may destroy the Philly D but you dont see me making any excuses. In fact, Im shocked we are favored in this game. Everyone is talking about the Saints poor road record but it looks like to me they lost to Seattle, Patriots, and Carolina on the road. Philly wouldnt have won those games either. I think the only way we beat them is if we get yet another lucky break this season and the snow, cold weather and wind turns this into a Lesean McCoy vs. Pierre Thomas game. If it turns into a Foles vs Brees game and taking into account their two dominant DE's and our porous secondary I think Brees would whoop Phillys ass. We just gave up 350+ yards to Orton... imagine what Romo or Brees would do.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is why pro football is number one. I don't see a sure thing ever, and certainly not a playoff game. I don't expect Philly to win but I sure wouldn't be shocked if they did. Shit happens and it's great.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did feel watching the game that we got a lot more calls our way than Philly did...however, the play late where the play clock jumped offset a lot of those and probably swung it back to about even. I don't look closely at the intentional grounding as you seldom get that and there was only one that wasn't called that I thought should have been.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did feel watching the game that we got a lot more calls our way than Philly did...however, the play late where the play clock jumped offset a lot of those and probably swung it back to about even. I don't look closely at the intentional grounding as you seldom get that and there was only one that wasn't called that I thought should have been.

Not that Im crying but one 5 yard delay of game penalty as compared to a blatant hold that would have iced the game is a big difference and at 6 call to zero I dont think it evened things out, unless Dallas did play an error free game. But like I said, the article writer didnt take the professional time to go over all the plays that Philly may have hypothetically got away with. Not trying to make any issue out of this because it was a horrific mistake (delay of game penalty) but 5 yards its not the end of the world especially when Dallas still scored on that drive. But we are talking of issues that dont really matter so Im not trying to get into a debate about this... especially since Philly had so many things fall their way this season. You get breaks and calls that fall your way during the season and you get some tough breaks and tough calls too.

And Twist3d... Im a tad more then "decent" dont you think? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing PLUS the fact that it was so egregious. No grey area at all on that. It wasn't a judgement call it was a huge screw up. So yes, that made up for a lot because it should never, ever happen in an NFL game.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to argue, but there was two grounding calls not called, even the TV announcers couldn't believe they were not called. They however are not an excuse for losing