• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuries Continue to Mount

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Long is bound for the IR. Just read that his replacement, Rouillier has injured his hand and is uncertain for Thursday. Lavaou is questionable. Williams is questionable. We are down to one RB left that was on the roster opening day. And that's just the offense. WTF. Do we have any big boys on this forum (300lbs+) that can go to Redskins Park and see if you can help by playing Center or Guard? Now is your chance.

Seriously, who the hell did we piss off? I have never seen a team so decimated with injuries as this team has experienced in 2017. I'm not sure what is happening, but I'm pretty sure its Cousins fault.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of roster moves to come

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense to start the year...

QB- KC
RB- Rob Kelly
All around RB- Chris Thompson
WR-TP
WR- Josh Doctson
WR- Jamison Crowder
TE- Jordan Reed
LT- Trent
LG Lauvao
C Long
RG Scherff
RT Moses

Now...
QB- KC
RB- Perine due to injury.
All around RB- Also Perine because of injury.
WR- Ryan Grant...yes seriously...due to injury and TP just sucking
WR- Crowder
WR Doctson
TE- 40 year old Vernon Davis due to injury
LT- Maybe Trent...maybe Nseke...maybe ME due to injury
LG who knows because of injury
C Roullier because of injury...maybe who knows because of injury.
RG Scherff...perhaps
RT Moses

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I the only person thinking that by the time we get to the last game of the season, we will be thankful if 4 of 11 offensive starters are actually still starting?? If things keep going bad on the win/loss front, I expect they are going to shut TW down at some point. Same for Scherff who is still fighting a tendon strain in the knee.

Also have to wonder what the heck is going to happen on the defensive side of the ball.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure this is the FO plan to get a new QB, Bruce is Jeff Gillooly'ing the team two or three a week. :doh:

Darnold or Bust'em up.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I the only person thinking that by the time we get to the last game of the season, we will be thankful if 4 of 11 offensive starters are actually still starting?? If things keep going bad on the win/loss front, I expect they are going to shut TW down at some point. Same for Scherff who is still fighting a tendon strain in the knee.

Also have to wonder what the heck is going to happen on the defensive side of the ball.
If TW and Schreff are shut down, then Kirk should be shut down. You cannot keep your franchise QB on the field in a lost season if this decision is made.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say if we lose another game, we should definitely contemplate shutting them down. They are both long term investments.

KC may not be...no you don't shut down a healthy player.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If TW and Schreff are shut down, then Kirk should be shut down. You cannot keep your franchise QB on the field in a lost season if this decision is made.

Logic would say you are right. But you really think they are going to pull Kirk for anything short of injury or horrid play considering what they are likely going to have to pay in order to keep him. End of the day, Kirk is still in a prove you are worth it situation. And a few more injuries aint going to change that.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic would say you are right. But you really think they are going to pull Kirk for anything short of injury or horrid play considering what they are likely going to have to pay in order to keep him. End of the day, Kirk is still in a prove you are worth it situation. And a few more injuries aint going to change that.

I disagree unless you are specifically speaking to the fans. KC has nothing to prove to anyone in the building. If we are out of playoff contention and you purposely shut down TW & Schreff then KC has to sit. "If" he gets injured playing without his starters in a meaningless game because we have been eliminated from the playoffs, I would seriously question not only Gruden but the FO for not stepping in. Outside of his brain farts at the most inopportune time KC is the QB for this franchise moving forward. It will cost the Skins to keep him but he is by far the best available QB who gives you an opportunity to win each week.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree unless you are specifically speaking to the fans. KC has nothing to prove to anyone in the building. If we are out of playoff contention and you purposely shut down TW & Schreff then KC has to sit. "If" he gets injured playing without his starters in a meaningless game because we have been eliminated from the playoffs, I would seriously question not only Gruden but the FO for not stepping in. Outside of his brain farts at the most inopportune time KC is the QB for this franchise moving forward. It will cost the Skins to keep him but he is by far the best available QB who gives you an opportunity to win each week.

I would say KC has more to prove to this FO than he does intelligent fans. Most fans with a clue would have resigned him last offseason or before.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kirk still has to prove himself to our peeps in charge than we have bigger problems at hand. Unfortunately, I quessing they believe another DeShaun Watson is in the next draft class and will move up no doubt to snag the next boy wonder. God Help us.

Yea, record mounting injuries destroyed this season. Its a compliment to the staff that we are even able to compete. Its funny, 50 percent of our starters are out yet we compete.. Cowboys lose 3 players and look like the worst team in league.

Regarding KC... doubt they shut him down even once we are officially out of playoff race, but if they do I would say confidently that he will be here next season... be it tagged or signed.

Ive never seen a team so decimated with injuries across the board before... it must be borderline in record material. Rumor has it Ripleys believe it or not was spotted at Redskin Park today.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's is pretty astounding that the team has been as competitive as they have been considering the injuries they've been forced to overcome.

Kelley, Thompson, Lavaou, Long, Pryor - on IR
Williams - heading to IR
NSheke, Shereff - missing time
Reed, Paul - missing time
Davis - missing time
Crowder - missing time
Quick - missing time

TJ Clemmings - IR

Phil Taylor, Allen, Compton, Foster, Trent Murphy - IR
Norman, Fuller, Moreau, Breeland, Everett - missing time

I'm sure I forgot some.

Honestly, though I've been quick to criticize KC for staring down wr's, I have to believe that he's done yeoman's work considering the state of the oline in front of him, the rb's behind him, and the pass catchers running routes.

I can't for the life of me think of any reason to not sign him to a LTD, under the circumstances. He has shown enough under the circumstances to warrant one.

Same for Gruden - the Redskins were kicking the Saints asses before their defense imploded - Nicholson went off for a concussion. Then Brees found Fleener up the seam twice - at DeAngelo Hall's expense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's is pretty astounding that the team has been as competitive as they have been considering the injuries they've been forced to overcome.

Kelley, Thompson, Lavaou, Long, Pryor - on IR
Williams - heading to IR
NSheke, Shereff - missing time
Reed, Paul - missing time
Davis - missing time
Crowder - missing time
Quick - missing time

TJ Clemmings - IR

Phil Taylor, Allen, Compton, Foster, Trent Murphy - IR
Norman, Fuller, Moreau, Breeland, Everett - missing time

I'm sure I forgot some.

Honestly, though I've been quick to criticize KC for staring down wr's, I have to believe that he's done yeoman's work considering the state of the oline in front of him, the rb's behind him, and the pass catchers running routes.

I can't for the life of me think of any reason to not sign him to a LTD, under the circumstances. He has shown enough under the circumstances to warrant one.

Same for Gruden - the Redskins were kicking the Saints asses before their defense imploded - Nicholson went off for a concussion. Then Brees found Fleener up the seam twice - at DeAngelo Hall's expense.

dean , coach , VT , country all would disagree with you . they believe colt mccoy could do the same or better .

now anyone want to tally up the rookie class of qbs this season ?

watson hurt (although he played really really well )
kizer not good
peterman really not good
mahomes on the bench
trubisky 53% passer 4 TDS still on training wheels

now by my math given that watson could have got 10 wins for us if we werent injured that leaves us a 20% chance that a rookie could come in and do what KC did the last couple of seasons

basically what shark, GK and i have said all along . maybe some of you ABCers should give shark some credit as well as GK because DAMN it looks like they were dead on !!!!!

care to comment b-man dean ? coach ? country ? VT ? or did you get amnesia ?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean , coach , VT , country all would disagree with you . they believe colt mccoy could do the same or better .

now anyone want to tally up the rookie class of qbs this season ?

watson hurt (although he played really really well )
kizer not good
peterman really not good
mahomes on the bench
trubisky 53% passer 4 TDS still on training wheels

now by my math given that watson could have got 10 wins for us if we werent injured that leaves us a 20% chance that a rookie could come in and do what KC did the last couple of seasons

basically what shark, GK and i have said all along . maybe some of you ABCers should give shark some credit as well as GK because DAMN it looks like they were dead on !!!!!

care to comment b-man dean ? coach ? country ? VT ? or did you get amnesia ?
dude i can spin this if my badass probowler goes down and i put my 3rd stringer in and he holds up why have that 20 mill probowler when you can have a league mim guy can do the same and also is it good depth or are starters not really good if we can still plug and play and still play good

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this favors my stance more .. we got good players but are they really that good if a starter goes down and we still get the same results with the street free agents .. we play hard but we lose at the end ,, dude its the same results as are starters get .... .. i win @skinsdad62

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this favors my stance more .. we got good players but are they really that good if a starter goes down and we still get the same results with the street free agents .. we play hard but we lose at the end ,, dude its the same results as are starters get .... .. i win @skinsdad62

Except, it isn’t the same result. You lose.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shut them down tank

Thanks for being a dick once again. Cmon - come clean - you are a Cowboys fan posing as a Skins fan on this board. No way in hell that you are an actual Redskins fan.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are even dumber that I thought. They get the same results when the starters go down? WTF? The O line was the most decimated during the Boys game & the backup unit was awful & cost them the game to a large degree. I don't mean to come down hard on the backups - they are backups for a reason. When they started to get a little healthier - like in the Saints game - the O line did a lot better. Note that most of the losses have come as the injuries became worse & BTW genius a loss is a loss - the margin doesn't really matter. There are a lot of bad teams who brag about losing a lot of close games - just means that they are losing.

To claim that a guy off the street will do almost as well as say Trent Williams is beyond moronic. Again - use the rest of the year for your shopping sprees. It will also provide you with time to think about what team you would like to root for next season since you are obviously not a Redskins fan just like your fellow idiot fan Country.