• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Inconsistency at QB this season

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU football: QB consistency a season-long problem  - WVU Sports - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

A couple of things from this article support my POV…

The QB carousel…

WVU is 2-4 with Trickett as the starter, 1-2 with Millard as the starter and 1-1 with Ford Childress as the starter. Millard lost his spot before the third game of the season to Childress, who tore his right pectoral muscle in a loss to Maryland and lost his spot to Trickett, who was knocked unconscious and suffered a concussion against Texas and lost his spot to Millard against Kansas.

"It's hard because you're never going to point the finger at a kid, but everybody sees it," said running backs coach JaJuan Seider, a former WVU quarterback. "We've got deficiencies that we've got to work on in the offseason. That's with continuity, being around each other, being a vocal leader at that position. That's the key, especially in this offense.

Selecting the man….

"We're not going to be as good offensively as we need to be leadership-wise or with consistency until we have one guy to look to that is the guy that leads this team," Dawson said. "That's a fact."

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen.....this team is 3 or 4 wins better with just a average QB this year. I really hope we find a leader in one of these guys.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen.....this team is 3 or 4 wins better with just a average QB this year. I really hope we find a leader in one of these guys.

Totally agree. Look how close we were to getting those 3-4 wins this year. OU, TT, Texas and ISU were all games we had control in the 4th qtr.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can look at just about any bad team in a select year and one glaring weakness is usually the QB spot. This years WVU squad was no different. Iowa State, Kansas, TCU?QB issues. Texas and OU are down by there standards and... QB issues.

To me it's the No.1 concern headed into the offseason with defense being 1A.

Last edited by a moderator: