• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In tough times, let's look forward......

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For both middle and high school, it's all about whether or not the kids know you like them and care about them being successful.

Takes a couple of weeks for me to establish that with my classes every year, but once I do, they'll do pretty much anything I ask.

Good to hear.

I missed a lot of class in high school, and about 3/4 of my teachers didn't seem to give a shit, but I always appreciated the few that actually would pull me aside and talk to me and make sure everything was all good.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most competitive teams would want Felix.
Except for one thing: How long have we had Felix by now? A decade? Chances are, he might be slowing down some after all these years.

At least he put in some damn good games and numbers while he was in his prime, but face it, he'll be finished soon.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1B Adam Lind.
2B Cano - yes
SS - Miller 120 starts/Marte 40 starts.
3B - Seagar yes
LF - Seth Smith 110 starts/Gutierrez 50 starts.
CF - Marte 100 starts/Rajai Davis 60 starts
RF - Cruz 110 starts/Chris Young 50 starts
C - Matt Wieters 115 starts/Mike Zunino 45 starts
DH - Montero 110 starts/Cruz 50 starts

GM - replaced
Manager - replaced
Bullpen - keep Furbush and Smith, get rid of the rest
Rotation: Hernandez, Iwakuma, James Shields, Walker, Paxton, Mongomery first on the depth chart. Elias second.

I actually like most of your suggestions. Few changes for me;

C - Wieters 110 games/Zunino 52 games
1B- Lind 110 games/Montero 52 (based on matchups)
2B- Cano 155 games/Miller 7 games
3B- Seager 155 games/Montero 7 games
SS- Miller 120 games/Marte 42 games
LF- Smith 110 games/Guti 52 games
CF- Marte 100 games/Parra 62 games
RF- Parra 110 games/Cruz 52 games
DH- Montero 50 games/Cruz 100 games
BN- High on-base utility guy to fill in some of these games (O'Malley?)

SP: Felix-Kazmir-Walker-Paxton-Kuma
RP: Smith-Furbush-Parnell-Soria (closer)-O'Day or Wilhelmsen-Sipp or Russell-Nuno

6 additions while trading Trumbo and possibly Wilhelmsen and all other bullpen arms. Montgomery and Elias to AAA. Jackson, LoMo, and Rodney let walk.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for one thing: How long have we had Felix by now? A decade? Chances are, he might be slowing down some after all these years.

At least he put in some damn good games and numbers while he was in his prime, but face it, he'll be finished soon.
Nope, most teams would want Felix. Your one thing is based on speculation. "Chances" are he "might"..... Fact is teams would take Felix if the M's wanted to trade him and they would pay top dollar. I sure as shit would take a guy who has only had 4 total dog shit starts this season while the rest of his starts he has kept them in the game.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get me wrong here I understand what you are saying. I don't disagree that he will start to slow down, he has a ton of innings under his belt. My point is that isn't enough of a reason for teams to not want to have him on their team.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
English huh, it must be torture reading all the piss english that we use on this site.
not at all.

i'm highly ungrammatical on all social media, and laugh at the people who freak over it, oftentimes citing incorrect rules while doing it.

kids today are just used to writing poorly all the time thanks to hundreds of texts and social media posts they make daily. when i was a kid, we only wrote to complete school assignments unless we were writing a letter to somebody asking for something, so of course at least attempting correct grammar and spelling was important.

people in my generation can turn the grammar-o-meter on and off, and go back and forth at will. it's not like that with today's kids.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all.

i'm highly ungrammatical on all social media, and laugh at the people who freak over it, oftentimes citing incorrect rules while doing it.

kids today are just used to writing poorly all the time thanks to hundreds of texts and social media posts they make daily. when i was a kid, we only wrote to complete school assignments unless we were writing a letter to somebody asking for something, so of course at least attempting correct grammar and spelling was important.

people in my generation can turn the grammar-o-meter on and off, and go back and forth at will. it's not like that with today's kids.
Fair enough. Never been a big grammar stickler myself. Social media was just getting started when I was leaving high school and going to college so I get what you are saying.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... :L:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

You mean to tell me a "contender" wouldn't pick him up in a heartbeat right now? And yes, "contender" because that what I originally said.

And his "value" is perfectly fine, still in his prime despite the innings pitched over the course of his career. :L

You're right on one thing though... there aren't "very many" teams out there.. because there can't be very many contenders.

I'm sure any number of contenders would like to have him. But he wouldn't be a $25 million pitcher for any of them. He'd likely be an $18 million pitcher with the Mariners eating about $7 million a year on his deal.

Did you see what Cueto went for? Hamels? Price? Felix isn't going to fetch any more than those guys did.

Last edited:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I teach high school English.

This year, I've got 9th, 11th, and 12th graders.

Love my job most of the time.

I have a kid in 9th grade English. Please tell me you don't teach in the Enumclaw school district. That would be very....awkward.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear.

I missed a lot of class in high school, and about 3/4 of my teachers didn't seem to give a shit, but I always appreciated the few that actually would pull me aside and talk to me and make sure everything was all good.

I made it to school on Friday maybe a total of 10 times my entire Junior and Senior years. We went to Galveston to surf almost every weekend. And yes, the surfing there sucked, but it's all we had.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a kid in 9th grade English. Please tell me you don't teach in the Enumclaw school district. That would be very....awkward.
Actually I do.

jk

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like most of your suggestions. Few changes for me;

C - Wieters 110 games/Zunino 52 games
1B- Lind 110 games/Montero 52 (based on matchups)
2B- Cano 155 games/Miller 7 games
3B- Seager 155 games/Montero 7 games
SS- Miller 120 games/Marte 42 games
LF- Smith 110 games/Guti 52 games
CF- Marte 100 games/Parra 62 games
RF- Parra 110 games/Cruz 52 games
DH- Montero 50 games/Cruz 100 games
BN- High on-base utility guy to fill in some of these games (O'Malley?)

SP: Felix-Kazmir-Walker-Paxton-Kuma
RP: Smith-Furbush-Parnell-Soria (closer)-O'Day or Wilhelmsen-Sipp or Russell-Nuno

6 additions while trading Trumbo and possibly Wilhelmsen and all other bullpen arms. Montgomery and Elias to AAA. Jackson, LoMo, and Rodney let walk.

I like pretty much everything you got there. Only thing is I think Lind has a fairly cheap team option for next year that I'm betting gets picked up (like 7-8 mil or something like that). I'd rather move on from both Lomo and Trumbo but you may be forced to keep one due to lack of options unless they want to splurge for Chris Davis. Maybe the new GM and Manager will let Montero out of the dog house.

I like getting a number 2 guy to put behind Felix. Should have been done this year. Bring back Kuma and let Walker, Elias, Paxton, Montgomery and whoever else battle for the last two spots.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like pretty much everything you got there. Only thing is I think Lind has a fairly cheap team option for next year that I'm betting gets picked up (like 7-8 mil or something like that).

Ya $8M team option. I didn't see that originally.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made it to school on Friday maybe a total of 10 times my entire Junior and Senior years. We went to Galveston to surf almost every weekend. And yes, the surfing there sucked, but it's all we had.

I just didn't like waking up at 6 in the morning, lol.

At one point I got sent to court for truancy. Liberty High School really fucked me over, they had my waiver to go over the legal amount of days you can miss and must've misplaced it or something. Fucking imbeciles.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all.

There is stuff that bothers me personally, mostly the incorrect usage of you're and your.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better yet, just burn everything to the ground. Less painful that way.
But before they do, trade Felix to a contender... he deserves better. the rest can fuck themselves.

I hope Felix does get traded to a contender... It's gonna be a dam shame if he never sniffs the playoffs his entire career... If he stay's in Seattle that's most likely gonna be the case...