• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In retrospect, the Romo extension was a long term mistake

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amendola was never a replacement for Welker. Edelman took his role as the possession guy and did extremely well with it.

You are kidding right? That is total bull shit. You are a Patriots fan and you think that the idea when they signed Amendola was to have Edelman take over that role? Edelman was squarely on the roster bubble this offseason and there was even a chance he wasn't even going to make the team. Edelman ended up in that role, but it wasn't the plan at the time...it was kind of lucky...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't justify being the primary option? He was the only fucking option for awhile

You got a TE that stays hurt.....
One in prison
and shit

When did New England start getting the good dope?......

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Care to explain how signing a non-guaranteed extension that the Cowboys could rescind at any time without cost that would move the dead money back would hurt? I'll answer for you - it doesn't!

Cause he just signed a contract last year dumbass.....

You dont EXTEND a contract one year in..... NEVER BEEN DONE

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deliberately went against the patriots policies with regards to handling press conferences. That's not the same as someone following you around and harassing the shit out of you. Banging **** stars doesn't give an opponent bulletin board material. At least not the same kind. :thumb:

Regardless, the issue was as much that his on the field performance didn't justify being the primary option and he was unwilling to reduce that.

So the paparazzi hacked his tweeter account and posted those pictures? Got it...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny WAS the replacement but he was hurt too much to secure the job. Keep talking, you're sounding desperate.

No, he wasn't. Some here may have expected him to be, but most of us never expected that. I certainly didn't. Edelman was the primary slot guy going into the season and the rookies were the outside guys.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kidding right? That is total bull shit. You are a Patriots fan and you think that the idea when they signed Amendola was to have Edelman take over that role? Edelman was squarely on the roster bubble this offseason and there was even a chance he wasn't even going to make the team. Edelman ended up in that role, but it wasn't the plan at the time...it was kind of lucky...

Edelman was always going to make the team. He started over a healthy Welker at one point either last year or the year before. He was the guy to take that role.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he wasn't. Some here may have expected him to be, but most of us never expected that. I certainly didn't. Edelman was the primary slot guy going into the season and the rookies were the outside guys.

reaching for straws bruh:lol:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your eyes must be brown. The bullshit in you has reached its capacity.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. You are clueless or full of shit. Edelman was not the primary slot guy going into the year. He wa almost cut and you gave Amendola $30M...learn your team before you go telling others about theirs...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't justify being the primary option? He was the only fucking option for awhile

You got a TE that stays hurt.....
One in prison
and shit

When did New England start getting the good dope?......

The best healthy option we had does not mean that you can win when Wes is the primary guy. Literally his only skill is getting open. He has below average hands, isn't fast, and has above average elusiveness in the open field. Good for a slot, number three guy. But if you need him to make the key catches down the stretch, you're going to be disappointed.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You are clueless or full of shit. Edelman was not the primary slot guy going into the year. He wa almost cut and you gave Amendola $30M...learn your team before you go telling others about theirs...

Yes, he was. Most everyone in New England knew it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats didn't even know if Edelman was going to be healthy this year. He was at best Amendola's backup at the time of Amendola's signing.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best healthy option we had does not mean that you can win when Wes is the primary guy. Literally his only skill is getting open. He has below average hands, isn't fast, and has above average elusiveness in the open field. Good for a slot, number three guy. But if you need him to make the key catches down the stretch, you're going to be disappointed.

I'd think getting open is a key role for a WR.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he was. Most everyone in New England knew it.

I am so glad to have posters like you pop in once in awhile ........ You make the dumbasses on our board look like solid posters :laugh3:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think getting open is a key role for a WR.

But if it's your only skill, you can only do it underneath, and your hands are mediocre to below average, you're not a number one guy.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause he just signed a contract last year dumbass.....

You dont EXTEND a contract one year in..... NEVER BEEN DONE
Did you even stop to think about players who sign 1 year extensions year-after-year? No reply necessary. i'll leave you to it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even stop to think about players who sign 1 year extensions year-after-year? No reply necessary. i'll leave you to it.

In this case it wouldn't be extending the contract. It would be a NEW contract.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah I know who signs 1 year extensions .....

Players on the 40 year old mark ..... Like Peyton Manning ....

But it's not extensions .... It's a series of 1 year contracts.....

You're not too football bright man ......

for some reason you think you pay off contracts .... into the future if you cut a player early ..... wrong

And wrong on how contracts are structured.

Wanna move Romo money? You move it to the back end of his contract..... Last 3 years are base salary

Sit back and read rather than talk ... Ya might learn something