• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In retrospect, the Romo extension was a long term mistake

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching ANOTHER.....8-8 season, with Romo going in for back surgery, and turning 34 as his extension BEGINS, there's no question now that the move was not a good one for the teams future. Sure the team had injuries again, but after 3 years, 8-8 is who we are. I realize if Orton had been the QB this year, we would have only won 3-4 games, and it would have sucked. But Romo would be on the books for $0.00 instead of $20 million next year. If we had traded Romo, we would have had 1 or maybe 2 more draft picks contributing now. And while this season would have sucked, picking 3rd or 4th and landing either Bridgewater, Johnny Football or Bortles wouldn't. And we could still go S and DL at the top of the 2nd and 3rd. And with the team going in with a rookie QB, there would be NO thoughts of keeping Austin, Ware, Hatcher or Spencer. The club would be in great shape with the cap in a couple of years, even after resigning TSmith, Dez and Murray to extensions. With a younger roster, and the ability to sign FA's, this club would have been in much better shape for the next 10 years. Now, I have no doubt that Romo will play great again next year, but with what we are losing, 8-8 seems pretty realistic even with him back there. And we are in cap Hell for a while.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all told you this the day it happened.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a troll. The lack of intelligence involved in this signing was obvious from the start. Anyone with a tiny hint of sense knew that.

And no, pats roll Indy.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather pay the going rate for a Qb that keeps the Cowboys in the hunt ...... Than pull what the Patriots pulled an fuck over the only Superstar Qb they ever had.

See Tom took a contract of about half of what he was worth...... For the Pats to keep a team around him.
Instead for example ... They sent Welker packing.

Where this matters is ... when you go out trying to get people to play for your team.... Free agents look at this.
How many Free agents do you ever see wanting to go to New England? To work with ol Tom and win a ring?

Why do you think the Redskins have to so seriously overpay any free agent they bring in? No loyalty to their players or coaches

Yet this 8-8 Cowboys team is on every players top 5 list.
If you say that's bullshit ... they dont wanna play for Jerry ... or thisexcuse or that .... You're full of shit.
Any superstar in Dallas makes more than his contract in endorsements More than EVEN Brady makes

And when Brady finally hangs it up ....... They really wont attract free agents.... and will return to all they were before him........ Nothing

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker wasn't sent packing because of money. He was sent packing because he was no longer patriot material.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker wasn't sent packing because of money. He was sent packing because he was no longer patriot material.

Oh yeah ...... I see all the talent yall have put on there....

You got a great coach ... A great Qb...... Nothing else

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By "not Patriot material" you mean he was out to take care of himself and not kiss Belicheats ass.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extending Romo wasn't the problem. Extending Romo for 6 years and a shitton of money was the problem. It was a bad deal regardless of what happned this year. He should have gotten a 2 year extension and even if Jerry wanted to go crazy and still give him $18 mil a year signing him for basically 7 years was just insane!! Even with an out clause it was ridiculous.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah ...... I see all the talent yall have put on there....

You got a great coach ... A great Qb...... Nothing else

They are 12-4 with a first round bye despite three all pros on IR. I'll take that.

By "not Patriot material" you mean he was out to take care of himself and not kiss Belicheats ass.

He drew attention to himself with shit like the Rex Ryan foot comments, when it has always been clear that making comments resembling this in any way are unacceptable here.

He also is simply not a number one receiver, and made it very clear he would not be willing to accept less than that here.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are 12-4 with a first round bye despite three all pros on IR. I'll take that.

He drew attention to himself with shit like the Rex Ryan foot comments, when it has always been clear that making comments resembling this in any way are unacceptable here.

He also is simply not a number one receiver, and made it very clear he would not be willing to accept less than that here.

You keep telling yourself that ......

Come back this offseason and let meknow how many Free Agensts are saying they would love to play in New England :suds:

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet this 8-8 Cowboys team is on every players top 5 list.
If you say that's bullshit ... they dont wanna play for Jerry ... or thisexcuse or that .... You're full of shit.
Any superstar in Dallas makes more than his contract in endorsements More than EVEN Brady makes

A lot of guys will go where they will be paid the most (and if Jerry wants someone you can bet he'll pay the most). They will go where they will get the most exposure. When guys think like this winning tends to not be as important to them as it should be.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extending Romo wasn't the problem. Extending Romo for 6 years and a shitton of money was the problem. It was a bad deal regardless of what happned this year. He should have gotten a 2 year extension and even if Jerry wanted to go crazy and still give him $18 mil a year signing him for basically 7 years was just insane!! Even with an out clause it was ridiculous.

I'm a fan of Romo and I agree here. I expected a 3 to 5 year deal that averaged 15M per. Now granted if the deal gets played out without any restructuring it will be 15M per for 5 years but there is no way to get under the 2014 Cap without restructuring.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep telling yourself that ......

Come back this offseason and let meknow how many Free Agensts are saying they would love to play in New England :suds:

We get the guys we want. Always have. This year will be no different.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and please never pull that Patriots material bullshit ....

Albert Haynesworth
Randy Moss

and the murderer .....drug addict ..

and how about the illegal taping ????

You have the dirtiest organization in the NFL ..... And one that wont pay it's players......

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We forgive pasts elsewhere. You don't pull shit here and expect to stay here.

Spy gate is laughable.

We pay our players. We spend to the cap every year. We just don't overpay single guys who don't deserve it.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about you keep your SHIT on the Pats board. :rollseyes:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I understand they have very strict standards when it comes to murder.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you keep your SHIT on the Pats board. :rollseyes:

I didn't bring up my team. I simply responded to posts about my team. :thumb:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deserve it.

So let me get this straight .....

Haynesworth ...Robs a franchise then after he cashes his first check ... quits on them ........ but he was Patriots material.

Randy Moss .... exact same thing .... Pats material

Hernandez.... murders a man ... known drug addict (covered up by the team) ... He's Patriots material.

But Welker wants a contract that pays more than a bag of peanuts .... and he is no longer Pats material.

Good luck on convincing anyone in the real world of that