• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In light of the Matt Ryan trade. Once again a strategy employed by the used to be Skins now the Commanders......

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want to see a fan base completely dump their team? Don't resign TM and see what happens. That could be the final straw for those fans hanging on...
The in vogue thing for NFL WRs is guaranteed or near full guaranteed contracts, so the question is... has TM completely established himself as warranting a fully guaranteed contract? I'm not sure how Washington makes this determination since his full potential and value has been tempered by the team that he plays on. Being one of the best players on a bad team tells you exactly what??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The in vogue thing for NFL WRs is guaranteed or near full guaranteed contracts, so the question is... has TM completely established himself as warranting a fully guaranteed contract? I'm not sure how Washington makes this determination since his full potential and value has been tempered by the team that he plays on. Being one of the best players on a bad team tells you exactly what??
mac is gone after 2 franchise tags

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want to see a fan base completely dump their team? Don't resign TM and see what happens. That could be the final straw for those fans hanging on...

I dont disagree. I’m just saying that the way things arent progressing with TM seems awfully familiar.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TM’s skills transcend the general shittiness of his team. Moreso, one could argue, because there hasnt been a consistent threat to take away double teams.

If TM hit the market, I think we would all be shocked if he didnt command a hefty sum. If the draft is indeed super-deep in wr’s especially, all the more reason to trade down and draft a few wr’s to guard against his inevitable departure.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TM’s skills transcend the general shittiness of his team. Moreso, one could argue, because there hasnt been a consistent threat to take away double teams.

If TM hit the market, I think we would all be shocked if he didnt command a hefty sum. If the draft is indeed super-deep in wr’s especially, all the more reason to trade down and draft a few wr’s to guard against his inevitable departure.
FO should be thinking this way but are they?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FO should be thinking this way but are they?
I don't disagree with you when evaluating him within the context of this team, but given how middling this team is, how does his talents translate when moved, as we all are concerned about, to an already good team? Does he becomes their #1, their #2 or worse case their slot guy? Absolutely the answer to this question depends on which team that is, and that is why I insist that his evaluation contractually is difficult/ near impossible to properly guage. Unitl Washington lines him up with either a closely talented #2, an equally or more talented #1, they won't be able to get a clear full measure of his value. Right now we and the front office are gilded by outstanding work on a bad team.

SN: I'm not sure if you follow the NBA, but if you do, think about this as you would Bradley Beale... a star in Washington, but just an important piece on a really good team elsewhere.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the 20th ranked WR I would want to see another year before backing up the Brinks truck. I love the guy but he has not shown he is one of the top 10 receivers in the league. He is the kind of guy you want on your team.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the 20th ranked WR I would want to see another year before backing up the Brinks truck. I love the guy but he has not shown he is one of the top 10 receivers in the league. He is the kind of guy you want on your team.
With the shit he has had throwing to him having put up the numbers he has, he most certainly is a top 10 WR right now in the league considering all factors. ie; age, a scenting, injuries, speed, contested catches, RAC ability etc. Can you name 10 better, I cannot.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although its debatable, you put TM with a solid qb and at least one elite offensive piece, he's within the top 10 maybe higher. The throws missed by his qbs have been bad, also how fun is it being tripped every game for at least 1 quarter?
All the top WRs have help....i don't know any top guy in this situation

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Guys like Allen, Burrow, and Herbert ARE franchise QBs, and NE and Arizona certainly think their guys are franchise QBs. Not to mention they were high picks (7, 1, 1, 6, 15).

Buffalo, Cincy, Arizona, etc. all drafted their young QB and tried to build a team around him. BUT, the reason we saw Cleveland, Denver, and Indy go and get established, PB-level QBs isn't b/c there was only one way. It was b/c they tried the "build around the young QB" and the QB was a bust, so it failed. They ended up with a good team, but without the most important part. And that good team was gonna be drafting too late to land them another young QB prospect. So, rather than endure mediocre results under a reclamation project QB or a draftee, they went out and got an established, franchise QB--b/c that is the piece they were missing.

Bingo!
Fair point. I guess my point is that what these teams did was to build the rest of the team to prepare for their young QBs. While these young QBs all have talent and may become franchise QBs (whatever that means), they did not have to carry they teams on their backs to success. They had the space and support to grow into their positions. Which brings me to my point about this team. Let’s assume that this franchise landed one of these young players in the draft. They would have been thrown into the fire almost immediately and this team could not provide the support they need to grow. The reason for that is that we never can seem to build a great supporting team around a young QB. Most of them would have failed here. The reason is that we keeps throwing valuable resources toward desperate moves on the QB position. The wentz deal is just another example of that. Wentz buys this team really nothing. He is not going to carry this team. We have seen that. At best, he might give us an additional win or two. He is a one year rental that cost us 2 young, cheap players. we gave up 2 3rd round draft pics. These are the types of pics That result in starting offensive linemen that a young QB will need, and, more specifically, this franchise needs. The wentz move is just a continuation of wasted assets on desperate moves.

so, you are right. There are a couple of ways to address the QB position successfully, you might get lucky and trade for a franchise QB or even luckier and sign on via free agency. But that rarely happens. Most QBs that become franchise QBs are drafted in today’s nfl. And many fail because the teams drafting them aren’t prepared to support them. That is certainly the case here. stop wasting assets on journeyman QBs on their way out of the league. Bite the bullet. Make this draft all about filling other holes. It doesn’t appear that there is a consensus, can’t miss QB in this draft, but I will admit I haven’t done any personal research. Heinikie is a back up at best in this league, but with him behind center, he will give us as many wins as Wentz will most likely. Plus, if he is your backup, giving him more playing time will only make him better.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting wording and I don't think that there's a call for disagreement here. Yes they are all either "franchise QBs or types that their teams believe are capable of being a SB winning QB. That was and is my original point. Essentially, teams/organizations are now looking at the QB position and giving a thumbs up or thumbs down at the guy currently there in association with how the team is currently built.
Sty, I think we are saying the same thing, essentially.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cooper Kupp
2. Justin Jefferson
3. Davantae Adams
4. Ja'marr Chase
5. Deebo Samuel
6. Tyreek Hill
7. Stefon Diggs
8. Chris Godwin
9. Keenan Allen

I didn't give you 10 but there is 9. I agree he might have some better stats with a better QB. Not sure whether they would be better than the guys I listed. Lets see how he does with Wentz who is much more capable of throwing the ball downfield. Hopefully he will have a healthy Samuel and Thomas also. Hell, Kupp had almost 2,000 yards from a QB that many considered a stat padder until this past year.

I'll repeat, I like Terry and hope he stays here but to be paid like his top 10 he needs to be top 10.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the shit he has had throwing to him having put up the numbers he has, he most certainly is a top 10 WR right now in the league considering all factors. ie; age, a scenting, injuries, speed, contested catches, RAC ability etc. Can you name 10 better, I cannot.
what the fanbase thinks of mac and what the NFL thinks of mac could be different , very different

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cooper Kupp
2. Justin Jefferson
3. Davantae Adams
4. Ja'marr Chase
5. Deebo Samuel
6. Tyreek Hill
7. Stefon Diggs
8. Chris Godwin
9. Keenan Allen

I didn't give you 10 but there is 9. I agree he might have some better stats with a better QB. Not sure whether they would be better than the guys I listed. Lets see how he does with Wentz who is much more capable of throwing the ball downfield. Hopefully he will have a healthy Samuel and Thomas also. Hell, Kupp had almost 2,000 yards from a QB that many considered a stat padder until this past year.

I'll repeat, I like Terry and hope he stays here but to be paid like his top 10 he needs to be top 10.
you forgot hopkins from AZ there is your 10

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I am not trying to crush Terry. I really like the guy. Contracts for everyone are going crazy. Look at how many $40 million QBs there are now. Now there are huge contracts on WRs. I am hoping with Wentz he will move up the list a little. Actually I am hoping they draft a WR in the 1st round depending on how the draft falls before them. It would be nice to have Terry, Logan, JD and a productive Samuel and a 1st rounder.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I am not trying to crush Terry.
I didn't see anything mentioning that in his 3 short years Terry Mac has played with damn near as many QBs as all those other WRs combined. I didn't see anything saying Terry Mac was among the leaders of WRs when it came to catching contested passes. I didn't see anything that said 4 of those WRs you mentioned and the 1 skinsdad mentioned are presently playing or played with in Hill's case 5 of the most talented young QBs in the game, all of whom have potential to be QB gods for years in Allen, Burrow, Mahomes, Murray/Watson n Herbert. Another who is presently playing with a living legend in Brady, 1 who spent his entire career up to this point with Rodgers, arguably the game's most talented many believe and another who never had a season like he did last year. Till he hooked up with Stafford who has as much much talent as any QB in football including Rodgers.

I didn;t see anything saying despite playing for one of the true trainwreck organizations in the NFL and a virtual domain of doom n despair for a WR. He's the only WR in what 19 years to put up back to back 1000 yard seasons since the days when Monk n Clark were running patterns in DC. I didn't see anything making mention of him playing in one ofd the shittier offenses in the NFL. Lacking any imagination other than lining him up wide right or wide left with an OC who's idea of being clever is lining him up in the slot on occasionally.

All I saw was he's 20th in catches n 24th in yards or something that seemed to be imp[lying he wasn't worth a top WR contract. And that you needed to see more. as he gets ready for another season with yet another Joe Lunchmeat at QB.

Thanks for clearing that up that you weren't trying nto crush him. I just read it wrong is all. My bad.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cooper Kupp
2. Justin Jefferson
3. Davantae Adams
4. Ja'marr Chase
5. Deebo Samuel
6. Tyreek Hill
7. Stefon Diggs
8. Chris Godwin
9. Keenan Allen

Mike Evan’s, possibly cd lamb, AJ brown, DK metcalf

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Evan’s, possibly cd lamb, AJ brown, DK metcalf

This isn't against you MWAB --
But look at the guys mentioned, they all are in a Batman/Robin situation...they aren't taking on Deathstroke alone like Terry is.....

Cooper was already ballin' with Robert Woods and that elite defense
Jefferson has Cousins, Cook and Theilin
Adams has the bad bad man......and a solid RB in Jones/he's going to play with an elite TE....thats scary.
Ja'mar has his college QB, mixon, higgins and boyd
Deebo had a great year, he also has one of the best offensive minds in football in Kyle and he has George freakin Kittle
No explanation needed for Hill, Diggs Godwin or perhaps the best route runner in the NFL Allen.
AJ is one of the few i believe could just destroy whoever with whomever at QB.

you put Terry in any of these situations and he's top 10....debatable but likely