• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In light of the Matt Ryan trade. Once again a strategy employed by the used to be Skins now the Commanders......

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son is a 9ers fan. We were at the last game played at Candlestick Park when Bowman sewed up a 9ers victory and a wild card berth scoring the last TD in Candlestick with an 89 yard pick 6.

I've been to a few professional events, a shitload of concerts, a couple plays etc and I've never experienced a moment as electric as when Bowman was rumbling to that TD. It was surreal.
He was a hell of a player until that knee injury. Never really the same afterward.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think about RK, who was my fave Skins player during his tenure here and the very good career that I don't wanna say was wasted, but had he been on a good team during the sweet spot of that career. From 2014 to 2018 when he picked up 60 sacks and was in the top 10 for sacks 4 of those 5 years as well as among the leaders in forced fumbles a few times including tied for the league lead in 2014. Maybe he'd have a ring or a couple wins in the playoffs. Or at the very least got a little more love on a national level from talking heads.

I remember @Stymietee talking about trading him back in the day, maybe even as far back as 2017 or 16 and I wasn't with it then. I think back to it now and damn for RK's sake I wish it would've been done. No doubt the Skins would've found a way to fuck off whatever they got in a trade, but for RK maybe it would've led to something.

I mean sure, he's the Washington Redskins all time sack leader which is really cool, but they don't exist anymore. And I gotta believe he'd give that up in a heartbeat for a legitimate shot or 2 at winning a Super Bowl ring. Which was something he was never gonna come close to as a Redskins player.

I just don't wanna see Tmac's career end up as RK's did spending a decade or so with Washington. And TM's production is much morre dependent on other players than RK's was. I don't want the best thing to be said about TM's career is "Too bad he had to play with 60 different QBs under 7 or 8 different HCs in his 10 or 12 year career as a Commander."
I am an ardent follower of this team and perhaps that's a shame on me, but I've never understood professions of love, or an affinity for players and wanting the worse thing possible for them. It is an unfortunate fact of our NFL ties to this team that we often find ourselves confounded by a desire to "fix" the thing that has no desire to be fixed, and a sort of near-sightedness regarding the human toll taken in that effort. It's not anyone's fault, you're Washington fans/supporters/followers. BaJeebus help us one and all!!:crazy: