• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Imagine My Surprise

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a little time off and headed out of town, avoided connectivity as I do when I'm away decided not to watch football yesterday seeing as the Pats were the late game. Set the DVR to record the game woke up at 0330 while watching the game I see where Bennett is making a nice grab with some YAC so I am very much in WTF mode now. Had no idea the Pats signed him, I knew the Packers cut him for undisclosed reasons no idea he was back. Seeing as he passes the physical I guess its all good to go. Nice pick up.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen had a catch too!!!

For a TD!!!
I know if Allen can show continued sign of improvement and if Hogan and Mitchell can come back, could be a fun offense.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it looks like Martellus is at least as big a player off the field as on it ... he sure got the cheeseheads pissed off ...
It seems queer to me the way all this went down. Cut for undisclosed medical reasons then claimed off waivers by the team that cut him

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems queer to me the way all this went down. Cut for undisclosed medical reasons then claimed off waivers by the team that cut him

Packers cut him. Pats claimed him off waivers. I always felt that the Pats and Bennett should have signed the 3-year deal the Packers gave him. But, o'well. He is here now.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s a very odd story that is ongoing ...
the cheese canned him because of an injury they claim they were unaware of ... yet he comes back to NE and of a sudden says “fuck it” and decides to play injury and all

anyone see his reaction after that first catch yesterday? He seemed to be hiding something ... or he was in pain

strangeness ...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will have surgery to repair his rotator and labrum immediately after the season ends.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollister came up big on STs. Looks like there is some TE competition going on. Depending on the week I could see Allen or Hollister being a healthy scratch? They need to prove their worth even more now.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great discussion on Boston Sports Tonight last night about Bennett and his shoulder.

Bennett ask if the Packers could put him on IR so he could get the shoulder repaired. The Packers asked him to see the team doctor and he did. The team doctor told him and the Packers that it was not so severe that he need immediate surgery. The team asked him to play to help out Hundley. Bennett got pissed because he felt that the doctor was doing what the packers wanted and not what was best for him.

The Jordy Nelson and Aaron Rodgers come saying that they have total faith and confisdence in the team doctor and Bennett turns around and says that they have been working with him for more than 10 years and he's only seen him once.

Bennett tells the team that his shoulder is sore and he'll find a surgeon to do the repair on his shoulder if the team doctor won't. They inactivate for the game two weeks ago. Now the Packers have backed themselves into a corner. They had him sit out a game . Was it punishment for not doing what the team wants or is it to give him a week off to see if the shoulder gets better with rest. They ask him if he wants to play the following week and he says ...No.

The Packers cut him because he didn't disclose the extent of the shoulder injury before they signed him.

Excuse me??? He didn't disclose the extent of the injury? Is he an Orthopedic MD? He played with the shoulder problem before and after Rodgers went down. Now he's a pariah.

No one will touch him while he's on waivers. No other team even called him to check out what happened and how bad his shoulder is. At the 11th hour, the Patriots claim him off waivers. Bennett must have told the Pats to give him some pain meds and he'll play for the remainder of the season.

Now a couple of GMs and coaches are saying that the Patriots are somehow involved in this and they may have coerced him into getting cut so they could sign him.

This has not been confirmed but there is a rumor that Johnathan Kraft caught wind of the accusations and called the NFL offices and basically told Goodell that he wants anyone making the accusations brought into the NFL office and he wants a them to file a formal charge.................then he'll sue their team, the owner and the NFL and force everybody's hand to prove it in court. Needless to say........a couple owners have probably called Kraft and apologized and they've probably told their staffs to STFU.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great discussion on Boston Sports Tonight last night about Bennett and his shoulder.

Bennett ask if the Packers could put him on IR so he could get the shoulder repaired. The Packers asked him to see the team doctor and he did. The team doctor told him and the Packers that it was not so severe that he need immediate surgery. The team asked him to play to help out Hundley. Bennett got pissed because he felt that the doctor was doing what the packers wanted and not what was best for him.

The Jordy Nelson and Aaron Rodgers come saying that they have total faith and confisdence in the team doctor and Bennett turns around and says that they have been working with him for more than 10 years and he's only seen him once.

Bennett tells the team that his shoulder is sore and he'll find a surgeon to do the repair on his shoulder if the team doctor won't. They inactivate for the game two weeks ago. Now the Packers have backed themselves into a corner. They had him sit out a game . Was it punishment for not doing what the team wants or is it to give him a week off to see if the shoulder gets better with rest. They ask him if he wants to play the following week and he says ...No.

The Packers cut him because he didn't disclose the extent of the shoulder injury before they signed him.

Excuse me??? He didn't disclose the extent of the injury? Is he an Orthopedic MD? He played with the shoulder problem before and after Rodgers went down. Now he's a pariah.

No one will touch him while he's on waivers. No other team even called him to check out what happened and how bad his shoulder is. At the 11th hour, the Patriots claim him off waivers. Bennett must have told the Pats to give him some pain meds and he'll play for the remainder of the season.

Now a couple of GMs and coaches are saying that the Patriots are somehow involved in this and they may have coerced him into getting cut so they could sign him.

This has not been confirmed but there is a rumor that Johnathan Kraft caught wind of the accusations and called the NFL offices and basically told Goodell that he wants anyone making the accusations brought into the NFL office and he wants a them to file a formal charge.................then he'll sue their team, the owner and the NFL and force everybody's hand to prove it in court. Needless to say........a couple owners have probably called Kraft and apologized and they've probably told their staffs to STFU.

Well it does scream of tampering IMO or at least it feels as if Bennett manipulated the situation. One has to at least consider that possibility. Now what one believes and what one can prove are two different things. I would not put it past the Pats, I'll say that much.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question that Bennett manipulated the situation.

As far as the patriots being involved is complete bullshit. The patriots are 32nd on the waiver wire. The minute the Packers released Bennett, 30 other teams had every opportunity to claim him. Every team has to formally inform the league office whether or not they will claim him before he becomes a free agent. He would become a free agent at 4:00 on the day after his release if no team claimed him. 30 teams informed the NFL that they did not want Martellus Bennett. The patriots claimed him off waivers and picked up his 3 year contract.

At least 20 teams didn't have the cap space. Most teams didn't want to pick up the contract on a player with an injury. The patriots made the decision to take a chance and had their team doctors check him out and some agreement had to have been made.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question that Bennett manipulated the situation.

As far as the patriots being involved is complete bullshit. The patriots are 32nd on the waiver wire. The minute the Packers released Bennett, 30 other teams had every opportunity to claim him. Every team has to formally inform the league office whether or not they will claim him before he becomes a free agent. He would become a free agent at 4:00 on the day after his release if no team claimed him. 30 teams informed the NFL that they did not want Martellus Bennett. The patriots claimed him off waivers and picked up his 3 year contract.

At least 20 teams didn't have the cap space. Most teams didn't want to pick up the contract on a player with an injury. The patriots made the decision to take a chance and had their team doctors check him out and some agreement had to have been made.
Unless it was made clear to the Pats the injury was not so bad. Don't act as if this cannot happen.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats knew what kind of player Marty is.
Bill has claimed guys before to stash them on IR to play the next year.
He has the benefit of being holder of many team and personal records with a QB who holds many many individual records.
Not many other teams can claim a player for next year.

The fact that Marty can play, even limited, is gravy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats knew what kind of player Marty is.
Bill has claimed guys before to stash them on IR to play the next year.
He has the benefit of being holder of many team and personal records with a QB who holds many many individual records.
Not many other teams can claim a player for next year.

The fact that Marty can play, even limited, is gravy.
And who doesn't like Gravy this time of year? Yumm