• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Im calling Iowa in the top 10

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At seasons end right now. I honestly dont know how much better the Hawks will be this year as opposed to last but with their schedule I legit cant see more than 2 losses and 10-2 should get you in the top 10 at the end of the regular season. If shit breaks right Iowa should be 10-0 going in to their last 2 games vs Wisconsin and vs Nebraska ( both in Iowa City ). Could be an exciting year for my team. Anyone else think their team could really surprise this year?? I see a few other teams that have a chance to jump up and shock some people.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At seasons end right now. I honestly dont know how much better the Hawks will be this year as opposed to last but with their schedule I legit cant see more than 2 losses and 10-2 should get you in the top 10 at the end of the regular season. If shit breaks right Iowa should be 10-0 going in to their last 2 games vs Wisconsin and vs Nebraska ( both in Iowa City ). Could be an exciting year for my team. Anyone else think their team could really surprise this year?? I see a few other teams that have a chance to jump up and shock some people.

I'm think they probably lose the bowl game and drop out.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, no Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan or Penn State on the schedule. Road games @Pitt, and in conference @Purdue, @Maryland, @Minnesota and @Illinois are as about as soft a road slate as I've ever seen in conference. Even the last 2 games are winnable, especially the Nebraska game since they went into Lincoln last year and won by 3 TD's.

Problem is, I just think Iowa is that good this year, talent wise. Not saying they will lose to Pitt, Maryland or Minnesota, but if I had to guess I'd say they'd lose one of them. Probably looking at a 9-3 year at worst.

Also I don't think a 10-2 record going into the bowl season will automatically get Iowa in the top 10 especially if they lose the last 2 as I think they could. MSU was 11-1 and was ranked 10th going into the B1G Championship Game and Wisconsin was 15th at 9-2 going into the final game of the year. I know they lost but had they won, I doubt they are a top 10 team.

To answer your last question, I really think Georgia Tech could be a surprise team this year. Weak OOC outside of UGA, miss FSU in conference, get Clemson at home(who they historically play well against at home) and much like the B1G, I don't think the ACC is that great outside a couple of teams.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe it when I see it with Iowa sports. People were high on Iowa basketball the last two seasons, with little results.

IU on the other hand is going to shock the world by earning a bid to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mid major schedule

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think their team could really surprise this year??

Other than a road game at BYU, Houston has what figures to be a pretty soft schedule. Perhaps we will be to football this year what Wichita State was to basketball this past season. That might surprise some folks.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, no Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan or Penn State on the schedule. Road games @Pitt, and in conference @Purdue, @Maryland, @Minnesota and @Illinois are as about as soft a road slate as I've ever seen in conference. Even the last 2 games are winnable, especially the Nebraska game since they went into Lincoln last year and won by 3 TD's.

Problem is, I just think Iowa is that good this year, talent wise. Not saying they will lose to Pitt, Maryland or Minnesota, but if I had to guess I'd say they'd lose one of them. Probably looking at a 9-3 year at worst.

Also I don't think a 10-2 record going into the bowl season will automatically get Iowa in the top 10 especially if they lose the last 2 as I think they could. MSU was 11-1 and was ranked 10th going into the B1G Championship Game and Wisconsin was 15th at 9-2 going into the final game of the year. I know they lost but had they won, I doubt they are a top 10 team.

To answer your last question, I really think Georgia Tech could be a surprise team this year. Weak OOC outside of UGA, miss FSU in conference, get Clemson at home(who they historically play well against at home) and much like the B1G, I don't think the ACC is that great outside a couple of teams.

Realsitically I think Iowa drops one of their first 10, loses to Wisky and then beats Nebraska at home for 10-2. That MAY win the West divsion but the Badgers schedule is about as bad as Iowas in league and I dont see them losing 2 B10 games IF Iowa isnt one of them. 10-2 should be top 10 at the end of the regular season IMO but it depends on how much attention people pay to schedules.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than a road game at BYU, Houston has what figures to be a pretty soft schedule. Perhaps we will be to football this year what Wichita State was to basketball this past season. That might surprise some folks.

I have Houston going unbeaten

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realsitically I think Iowa drops one of their first 10, loses to Wisky and then beats Nebraska at home for 10-2. That MAY win the West divsion but the Badgers schedule is about as bad as Iowas in league and I dont see them losing 2 B10 games IF Iowa isnt one of them. 10-2 should be top 10 at the end of the regular season IMO but it depends on how much attention people pay to schedules.

10-2 could get them into the top 10, but basing it off of last year, I'd put it at about 25% chance of that happening. And they have no game of significance until the Wisconsin game, that'll give them a significant jump in ranking. Just look at MSU last year, they had a chance early on against ND, lost, and didn't play anybody of note until the B1G Championship Game. It took voters up until that game to realize they were a really good team.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we beat LSU in the opener, we better go undefeated. Our schedule is the biggest joke in America, but the media won't disrespect us too much if we have a win over an SEC program. The B1G West is destined to have either Nebraska, Iowa, or Wisconsin make a run, and I think we have a the best coaching staff and best offense of the three by a wide margin.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually look at last years FEI rankings for sleepers.
2012: you had Michigan State finishing 15th, despite a 7-6 record.
2011: A&M was 15th with a 7-6 record

Only team that is showing up that looks off is USC. They finished 11th with 4 losses. Remember this a per play measure, so teams that outperform on FEI are ones that generally were bad in close games or found ways to lose. Interestingly OU is 20th, despite being 11-2. I had not noticed that

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we beat LSU in the opener, we better go undefeated. Our schedule is the biggest joke in America, but the media won't disrespect us too much if we have a win over an SEC program. The B1G West is destined to have either Nebraska, Iowa, or Wisconsin make a run, and I think we have a the best coaching staff and best offense of the three by a wide margin.

I said in another thread that if the Badgers beat LSU in the opener there is a very real chance of seeing a 10-0 Iowa vs a 10-0 Wisconsin at the end of November. The schedules are just atrocious.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a bad surprise team. Haven't really taken a deep look at other teams yet. I was reading that Indiana had all 22 starters back. Might mean something.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe it when I see it with Iowa sports. People were high on Iowa basketball the last two seasons, with little results.

IU on the other hand is going to shock the world by earning a bid to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.

I believe that's been renamed the Weedeater Whack A Mole Hunger Bowl.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad surprise team. Haven't really taken a deep look at other teams yet. I was reading that Indiana had all 22 starters back. Might mean something.

Thats the old joke... " The good news is that you have all 22 starters back!!"... " The bad news is that you have all 22 starters back ( " LOL

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PaulRhoads.jpg
MarkMangino.jpg

We're SOOOOOO PROUD!!! :whistle:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PaulRhoads.jpg
MarkMangino.jpg

We're SOOOOOO PROUD!!! :whistle:

Mangling maybe a prick, but that fat bastard can coach. Rhodes is a hell of a coach. Beaten like 4 top 20 teams the last 5 years. Not sure if he can recruit, but he can coach. Not sure anyone can recruit to Iowa State

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be too soon for Mangino to be a big enough impact, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the Clones beat Iowa.

There's already good coaching under Rhoades, then add in the rivalry aspect.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they are 10-0 and lose there last two they wont be in the top 10

Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that Big Ten West?

You've got okay teams like Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Iowa
then 40 feet of shit
then Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois, and Northwestern.

It's gonna be one of those three teams playing in the B1G championship every year for a long time. Good for Wisconsin I guess. Now if we can find a quarterback to complement everything else...