• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm already excited for next year

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring that someone doesn't do something stupid and get suspended during the offseason.

Offense should be excellent.

This team should score at least 35 points a game.

Quarterbacks- Duel threat athletic quarterbacks

Offensive line- will be one of the best groups in the country

receivers- will be one of the best groups in the country

running backs- will be one of the best groups in the country

Tight Ends- will be one of the best groups in the country and will probably have the best Tight End in the country

ND will be a lot better in the red zone having a duel threat quarterback
The only problem with the offensive is if Kelly holds them back with his shitty play calling

Defense---- this unit will be better than this year. It has to be!!! Their primary focus needs to be to get the hell off the field and let our offense go to work.

They should be a preseason top 15 team and should be a 10-12 win team. Hell they won 9 games this year being not very good.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called the Tommy Rees effect.:clap:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have a one to two game bump without Rees at QB. For every good play the guy made he would give the other team a gift wrapped INT.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring that someone doesn't do something stupid and get suspended during the offseason.

Offense should be excellent.

This team should score at least 35 points a game.

Quarterbacks- Duel threat athletic quarterbacks

Offensive line- will be one of the best groups in the country

receivers- will be one of the best groups in the country

running backs- will be one of the best groups in the country

Tight Ends- will be one of the best groups in the country and will probably have the best Tight End in the country

ND will be a lot better in the red zone having a duel threat quarterback
The only problem with the offensive is if Kelly holds them back with his shitty play calling

Defense---- this unit will be better than this year. It has to be!!! Their primary focus needs to be to get the hell off the field and let our offense go to work.

They should be a preseason top 15 team and should be a 10-12 win team. Hell they won 9 games this year being not very good.

I agree offense should be really good. Robinson should be a beast. Fuller should stretch the field. RBs should be one of the best in the country. TEs are set. Oline should be ok not as good as this year but good. Defense I don't think will be better. Secondary should be better but LBs will be weak and again we will have no pass rush.

Can we please have good special teams 1 time. Its been 4 years Kelly fix this.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bbirish, I hope you are right and I think the Irish will be better next year too. However, I still have a hangover effect from watching the game yesterday. ND was lucky they played arguably the worst bowl team of all. Special teams were a nightmare and the team won on talent alone. I will become more excited about next year' Irish but I have a bad taste in my mouth from what I saw from this year's team.

BK needs to get his shit together. I haven't seen an excellent Irish offense under BK. I think we will have the talent to be excellent but it remains to be seen how well the new OC does his/her job. I think it will be safe to assume our special teams will suck and our defense with a new DC will be a big question mark.

Also, as long as BK is our coach I will worry about consistency from the Irish. If we keep playing down to opponents we will keep having heartbreaking losses. Also, I have not been at all impressed with how the Irish under BK have looked in bowl games. The last three bowl games the Irish have looked liked they took time off from practicing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bbirish, I hope you are right and I think the Irish will be better next year too. However, I still have a hangover effect from watching the game yesterday. ND was lucky they played arguably the worst bowl team of all. Special teams were a nightmare and the team won on talent alone. I will become more excited about next year' Irish but I have a bad taste in my mouth from what I saw from this year's team.

BK needs to get his shit together. I haven't seen an excellent Irish offense under BK. I think we will have the talent to be excellent but it remains to be seen how well the new OC does his/her job. I think it will be safe to assume our special teams will suck and our defense with a new DC will be a big question mark.

Also, as long as BK is our coach I will worry about consistency from the Irish. If we keep playing down to opponents we will keep having heartbreaking losses. Also, I have not been at all impressed with how the Irish under BK have looked in bowl games. The last three bowl games the Irish have looked liked they took time off from practicing.

THis is what pisses me off the most. Kelly always had a good offense and since he took over nothing great. No more excuses next year. Get it done Kelly. BCS game/Playoff or Bust.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he needs to be ranked in the top 10 next year at the end of the season for me to call it a success. Way too much talent coming back for them to not end up with double digit wins.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to good year. Let us not forget we loss to these second tier teams consistently and never beat a top 25 team before Kelly so lets layoff a second and breath. We are building were we need to build size up front and speed talent at the positions we need.

If Golson was here this year would have been different story. This O line is one best I have seen and when I see Tommy look downfield and there was no one around. Golson it is 10+ yards if he decides to run and now with his size will be fun to watch NEXT YEAR!

To everyone until next year have a good one 2014 should be our year! Gooo IU

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense will have a ton of talent. At quarterback it's addition by subtraction. To me the offense looks loaded to say the least. If Golson or whoever starts at QB makes good decisions and avoids serious injury the Irish will score lots of points. On defense they have large shoes to fill in Tuitt and Nix. I think Jaylon Smith's star shines brighter than Teo by the end of his career. I agree special teams need to improve. We also need to develop a quality backup qb. Just my opinion but I think Kelly has to stick with his stars a little more. Folston , Niklas and Daniels should see the ball a lot. We're incredibly deep at runningback. I honestly wish Atkinson could catch because I never thought he should be a runningback but unfortunately that's not the case, he has bricks for hands. Our O-line should be real good once again.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND never seems to have a good punter or kicker, shocking for a premier CFB program. Also, how is the secondary shaping up? I feel like even when they'e been good it has always been on the weak side.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND never seems to have a good punter or kicker, shocking for a premier CFB program. Also, how is the secondary shaping up? I feel like even when they'e been good it has always been on the weak side.

Good lord, have you seen our special teams tackle? If we had a punter that actually gave the returner time to look downfield before he started running we would have had 10 punts returned for td's against us. A 30 punt out of bounds was my hope on every punt.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secondary is improving they need to add another recruit to the mix in this class. They do have a top 10 CB according to ESPN in Watkins committed. They added Cole Luke, Rashad Kinlaw, and Devin Butler at CB last year, plus Redfield at Safety. So it's looking up but still work to do.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect bug things from Fuller and Robinson next year. I think Robinson might be our next Big WR. I think Tuitt might come back and that will be big.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more passes for BK! He's going into his 5th year now ... no more excuses! If we cant earn a BCS bid, then ND seriously needs to start searching for a new coach. It's gonna be tough for him since he lost both OC/DC, but this team just has too much talent not to succeed.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more passes for BK! He's going into his 5th year now ... no more excuses! If we cant earn a BCS bid, then ND seriously needs to start searching for a new coach. It's gonna be tough for him since he lost both OC/DC, but this team just has too much talent not to succeed.

The BCS is no more so you must mean a playoff spot or one of those top bowls if they don't make the playoffs.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the talent and schedule to make it to the playoffs. It all comes down to coaching.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the Top bowls or Playoffs.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the talent and schedule to make it to the playoffs. It all comes down to coaching.

Personally I'm a little concerned with the depth of the defensive line.