• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i'll take him over sid any day of the week

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Alex Ovechkin notches his sixth 50-goal season of career | Puck Daddy - Yahoo Sports

scoring 50 goals is INSANELY hard to do we all know that. this guy gets better as he gets older and with the teams trying to stop him.

yeah sid has won a cup but what was that like 7 years ago? throw in another trip the finals and i dont believe that the pens have advanced past the 2nd round since then? talk about a major waste of his prime years for sid.

having ovie on your lineup is like having an extra guy with the goals he scores.

put ovie in the 80s and he would've blown away gretz records

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree the Pens have certainly underachieved with all the talent they have. Ovie hasn't had nearly as much around him so its hard to compare and they are very different players anyway. Crosby IS ridiculously talented. I certainly like that Ovie isn't a whiny bitch like Sid.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pens have made two finals that's not a small achievement by any means. Since the first lockout Kings, Bruins, Hawks, Wings, and Pens are the only teams that have been there twice.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I somewhat agree. Those two finals were six years ago and they have Malkin and Sid with flurey that's a pretty good lineup. Two finals and one cup yeah that's somewhat underachieving

Just like I believe the Devils were big time underachievers from 04- when was that canes series they blew in the first round. You have the greatest goalie of all time in his prime and can't get out of the second round once

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread gives me the lulz

So the Pens are underachievers with Sid because they only won 1 Cup; meanwhile OV has won how many? How many times has OV even gotten past the 2nd round?

Haters please, the fact that you can't even bring up OV without bringing up Sid is just a testimony to how much Sid owns OV's world.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for sure, Sid sets the standard for which all the superstars in the league are compared to. Every year there's a debate, "Sid vs OV", "Sid vs Stamkos", "Sid vs Tavares", "Sid vs Toews", but the constant is always Sid.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread gives me the lulz

So the Pens are underachievers with Sid because they only won 1 Cup; meanwhile OV has won how many? How many times has OV even gotten past the 2nd round?

Haters please, the fact that you can't even bring up OV without bringing up Sid is just a testimony to how much Sid owns OV's world.
Pay no mind to cup lol that did make me laugh tho

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay no mind to cup lol that did make me laugh tho
Best is the argument that if OV could go back in time he would blow away all of Gretzky's records (including assists, right?).

An argument totally based in reality…

Kgz3JT4.jpg

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol ask anyone here I hold "great" to a high standard. The pens have two great players who are hall of famers. A way above average goalie. Two finals in 7 years with 1 cup is nice I would love for that with out horrible stretch but let's get real it's underachieving when you have those stars.

Yeah I get it everyone puts Sid on a pedestal to everyone else in the nhl. Kinda just hammers my point home a little more don't you think?

Give Alex a way above average goalie give him malkin and I'm pretty positive he would have a cup.

Chicago has kane towes solid goalie in Crawford stud d Duncan Keith
Kings have kopitar quick doughty carter.

Those are teams that are living up to their potential. Without looking I beleieve 2 cups each and 4 conference finals?

The east has been a train wreck for years. Ask yourself when Sid hangs them if he still has one cup and one finals will you not feel a little upset the best in a generation could only make the finals twice?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ask anyone here I hold "great" to a high standard. The pens have two great players who are hall of famers. A way above average goalie. Two finals in 7 years with 1 cup is nice I would love for that with out horrible stretch but let's get real it's underachieving when you have those stars.

Yeah I get it everyone puts Sid on a pedestal to everyone else in the nhl. Kinda just hammers my point home a little more don't you think?

Give Alex a way above average goalie give him malkin and I'm pretty positive he would have a cup.

Those are teams that are living up to their potential. Without looking I beleieve 2 cups each and 4 conference finals?

The east has been a train wreck for years. Ask yourself when Sid hangs them if he still has one cup and one finals will you not feel a little upset the best in a generation could only make the finals twice?

That's cool dude, everyone is entitled their opinions. I just miss the old OV vs Sid arguments, been years, brought back memories. Happy Easter to you (if you don't celebrate Easter I hope you have a great weekend anyways).

:suds:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool dude, everyone is entitled their opinions. I just miss the old OV vs Sid arguments, been years, brought back memories. Happy Easter to you (if you don't celebrate Easter I hope you have a great weekend anyways).

:suds:
Ovy has more second Ed playoff exits tho :dhd:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol I'll still take him. No way sid outplayed him this series it wasn't even close

Alex with 7pts in 6 games to sids 2pts.

The game that cost them was that fluke bounce in game 4 overtime.

The nhl playoff format also leaves a lot to be desired. Both conferences had the 1&2 seed meeting in the second round lol. Islanders were smart and tanked to get into the weaker bracket . I expect a lot of teams next year to do that if they can. Like under the old way yeah you can tank to avoid a first round matchup but still land the opponent ant in the second round. Not anymore it's stupid!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All your criticisms of Sid & excuses for OV are completely destroyed now,

Sid & the Pens have now won 2 Cups & been to 4 conference finals, which according to you is living up to their potential.

Alex got a Vezina caliber goalie in Holtby & 2 other all-star teammates in Backstrom & Kuznetsov and still couldn't get past the 2nd round.

Eastern Conference is no longer seen as a train wreck thanks to Sid & the Pens, first Cup for the Eastern Conference since 2011, most convincing series victory by an Eastern Conference team over a Western Conference team since 2000 (figure you Devil fans would appreciate that tidbit of history).

I know you'll probably find new criticisms of Sid & new excuses for OV (or you'll pick a new player you'll take over Sid), but at the end of the day,

If you want Stanley Cups, Olympic gold medals, & the glory that comes with it, you take Sid...
EtV9aC1.gif
KJAKkz7.gif
MV61bLK.gif
ZJXc6mr.gif

If you want early playoff exits & the disappointment that comes with them, you take OV...
ctIErbs.gif
bB8Ey33.gif
Bu17DDJ.gif

At this point, it's really hard to see OV as Sid's rival anymore, he's really just a footnote in Sid's great legacy...

It was always Sid's destiny to be greater than OV...