• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you're thinking that Chris Chester is getting cut, think again.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if its who most think, all that extra first will do is give us ammo to try and trade up for Cardale Jones next year.
We may need that extra ammo. Or we may have the first pick, depending on how bad RG3 is this year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may need that extra ammo. Or we may have the first pick, depending on how bad RG3 is this year.

Yea, but wouldnt you rather have the line in place to SEE if either of our QBs can be the guy going forward, rather than be in the QB hunt yet again?? We fix the line and I think this team improves over all. We half ass it and I think we come out with a few Pro Bowl defensive players and another shitty season over all. Im fine if both Rg3 and Kirk fail... Im not fine if they fail because once again we half assed it on the O-line.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but wouldnt you rather have the line in place to SEE if either of our QBs can be the guy going forward, rather than be in the QB hunt yet again?? We fix the line and I think this team improves over all. We half ass it and I think we come out with a few Pro Bowl defensive players and another shitty season over all. Im fine if both Rg3 and Kirk fail... Im not fine if they fail because once again we half assed it on the O-line.
Of course. My only issue with your position is that you think there is only one guy that is any good (scherff). If we don't land him all is lost. I, on the other hand, think that this draft is rife with OL talent so we don't have to press to land just one guy.

Lets also be fair. Most of rg3s issues had nothing to do with the OL. For that matter, cousins' issues had little to do with the OL. And while we are being fair, the OL wasn't at fault for the majority of sacks RG3 took. We know this because when KC was behind center, the sacks went down dramatically. You argued this point all season long.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. My only issue with your position is that you think there is only one guy that is any good (scherff). If we don't land him all is lost. I, on the other hand, think that this draft is rife with OL talent so we don't have to press to land just one guy.

Lets also be fair. Most of rg3s issues had nothing to do with the OL. For that matter, cousins' issues had little to do with the OL. And while we are being fair, the OL wasn't at fault for the majority of sacks RG3 took. We know this because when KC was behind center, the sacks went down dramatically. You argued this point all season long.

Actually my position can be sum'd up in this excerpt about this kid

And he has the grit to play hurt, if need be, rebounding from arthroscopic surgery knee surgery on a Tuesday early in his senior season to practice the next day and play that Saturday — paring what had been a two- to three-week recovery to four days.

“You know, I owe something to my team,” Scherff told reporters this week at the NFL scouting combine, asked why he’d do such a thing. “If I was able to play, I was going to play. They said two weeks or three weeks possibly. I said I felt pretty good Wednesday; ‘Can I throw my knee brace and helmet on and just do some drills?’ They’re like, ‘Yeah, sure! Go ahead.’ Thursday I told ‘em I felt fine. They said it was up to me. So I wanted to do that.”

That right there says more to me than any 40 time, or any possible pass rush, or even possible future first rounder we might get. That right there is a HOGS mentality. Maybe you are not old enough to remember those guys. But I was one of the Kids up at training camp every year, and I saw how seriously a good line takes their work. I have seen Great o-lineman get rolled up, rub some dirt on it and get back in there.. for practice as well as games. I dont think there is only one guy thats any good. But I do think of the O-lineman in this draft... he stands the best chance to be more than just good.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I admit the sacks were not mostly on the line. However the drop off in the running game, which cause our play action passing game to be non existent was primarily on the fact that the right side of our line couldnt block my grand mother.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Im just saying. Quality over quantity.

Just going to add that SM has tended to go for more picks whenever it makes sense by his criteria.

A strategy that has worked for him and gives him more chances to get it right in the draft.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually my position can be sum'd up in this excerpt about this kid

And he has the grit to play hurt, if need be, rebounding from arthroscopic surgery knee surgery on a Tuesday early in his senior season to practice the next day and play that Saturday — paring what had been a two- to three-week recovery to four days.

“You know, I owe something to my team,” Scherff told reporters this week at the NFL scouting combine, asked why he’d do such a thing. “If I was able to play, I was going to play. They said two weeks or three weeks possibly. I said I felt pretty good Wednesday; ‘Can I throw my knee brace and helmet on and just do some drills?’ They’re like, ‘Yeah, sure! Go ahead.’ Thursday I told ‘em I felt fine. They said it was up to me. So I wanted to do that.”

That right there says more to me than any 40 time, or any possible pass rush, or even possible future first rounder we might get. That right there is a HOGS mentality. Maybe you are not old enough to remember those guys. But I was one of the Kids up at training camp every year, and I saw how seriously a good line takes their work. I have seen Great o-lineman get rolled up, rub some dirt on it and get back in there.. for practice as well as games. I dont think there is only one guy thats any good. But I do think of the O-lineman in this draft... he stands the best chance to be more than just good.

So Scherff is tough. I get it. But I just think it's odd that you put so much hope on improving our pass protection on a guy who will

A. Be switching positions.
B. We don't even know what that new position will be
C. Is a road grader in the run game but is simply not considered a great pass blocker.

This is your savior, the guy we absolutely must have or all else is lost? That is just weird to me.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to add that SM has tended to go for more picks whenever it makes sense by his criteria.

A strategy that has worked for him and gives him more chances to get it right in the draft.

I totally expect us to trade out of the 5 spot.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It makes sense. The draft is a bit of a crap shoot, especially in the later rounds. The more bullets you have to fire, the more likely it is you'll hit something.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense. The draft is a bit of a crap shoot, especially in the later rounds. The more bullets you have to fire, the more likely it is you'll hit something.
:nod:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Winston
2. MM (Titans or with a trading partner such as the Jets)
3. Williams
4. Cooper
5. ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, every one is saying trade back but if MM goes before us there is no one teams will trade up for. We will not be able to get off the #5 pick. I agree Fowler is the pick. Sorry Shark no way we take Screff over Fowler.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, every one is saying trade back but if MM goes before us there is no one teams will trade up for. We will not be able to get off the #5 pick. I agree Fowler is the pick. Sorry Shark no way we take Screff over Fowler.

That might be the pick, but I will go on record as saying i think its the wrong pick if it works out that way.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Scherff is tough. I get it. But I just think it's odd that you put so much hope on improving our pass protection on a guy who will

A. Be switching positions.
B. We don't even know what that new position will be
C. Is a road grader in the run game but is simply not considered a great pass blocker.

This is your savior, the guy we absolutely must have or all else is lost? That is just weird to me.

1. Scherff has played every position on the line save for Center, so I dont think its a big an issue as you want to make it out to be.

2. Its rather universally agreed that this kid will at worst turn out to be a top tier OG in the NFL. Now of course this does not take into account if he gets injured or something like that. BUt you cant rule that out with any player.

3. Lets say he does get put in as our day one starter at RG, and all of a sudden we are actually able to run the ball to the right side with some effect. This helps out the entire offense which in turn helps out the entire team. So its not just about improving our pass blocking, but our entire offensive line. Sorry if I dont think a potential 8-10 Sacks more is more important than a potential 8-10 more POINTS per game.