• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you're thinking that Chris Chester is getting cut, think again.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
io think they think both long and moses can start . i saw that a lot on twitter today

Well guess we are going to find out, in which case Im hoping we either trade back... or that some how some way Leonard Williams falls to us.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guess we are going to find out, in which case Im hoping we either trade back... or that some how some way Leonard Williams falls to us.

Can Leonard play right tackle? We've addressed the d-line pretty well this offseason. We now really need a RT. If we're looking at Moses or Compton, we'll be looking at a top five pick next season as well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Leonard play right tackle? We've addressed the d-line pretty well this offseason. We now really need a RT. If we're looking at Moses or Compton, we'll be looking at a top five pick next season as well.

i will tell you this , most scouts feel williams is going to be a great d/lineman and if he falls to us and with hatchers age we should take him without hesitation

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Preaching to the choir at least as far as Im concerned. But as i have said, I think alot of the thought process is, get an impact player more so that the guy who will make the most impact. And in our situation the two are NOT the same.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think scot has a problem with cutting chester, hes just got to find the right replacement. that guy wasnt there in the free agency.

“We were like, let’s get some good players at the right price,” McCloughan said. “It’s not, go out and sign one or two guys and think, ‘OK, we’re that close to being a playoff contending team.’ We’re not. We’ve got to start building and building. Age was important. Medical history was important, and the contract was important.”

Redskins: Comments like this will make McCloughan a fan favorite

i dont really trust jay anymore on his interviews, he knows the o line is bad but hes just more concerned with the qbs and making sure they get the ball out on time and dont suck.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think for a minute Callahan didn't share intel with Gruden & SM regarding how the 'Boys wanted to attack our woeful offensive line? Callahan knows the weakness' and I can only be certain Chester doesn't trot out on opening day at RG. Here's to trusting SM!!!

HTTR!!!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preaching to the choir at least as far as Im concerned. But as i have said, I think alot of the thought process is, get an impact player more so that the guy who will make the most impact. And in our situation the two are NOT the same.

I hesitate to get back into this but if both Williams and Scherff are there at 5 are you saying your pick is still Scherff?

As for Chester I have no idea what they are seeing. Most of us hated the signing from the minute it happened. We head from Ravens fans, just as we heard from Browns fans after Lauvao, who said he constantly was getting run over.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hesitate to get back into this but if both Williams and Scherff are there at 5 are you saying your pick is still Scherff?

As for Chester I have no idea what they are seeing. Most of us hated the signing from the minute it happened. We head from Ravens fans, just as we heard from Browns fans after Lauvao, who said he constantly was getting run over.

Nope, if Williams and Scherff are there, I either try and deal the pick or take Williams. He is one of the few players I would override actual team need for. So if I couldnt deal the pick, I would take Williams over Scherff.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, if Williams and Scherff are there, I either try and deal the pick or take Williams. He is one of the few players I would override actual team need for. So if I couldnt deal the pick, I would take Williams over Scherff.

Atta boy! You aren't a lost cause after all.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atta boy! You aren't a lost cause after all.

DGF... Just because I dont think Ray, Shelton, or the plethora of other wish list names thrown out are better players than Scherff, does not mean I cant admit there is one guy I would take hands down over him even if it would be a slight luxury pick. Williams is the best player in this draft period. If he is there at 5 we either draft him, or r*pe some one else for the privileged.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGF... Just because I dont think Ray, Shelton, or the plethora of other wish list names thrown out are better players than Scherff, does not mean I cant admit there is one guy I would take hands down over him even if it would be a slight luxury pick. Williams is the best player in this draft period. If he is there at 5 we either draft him, or r*pe some one else for the privileged.

I think that the best thing may be for MM to fall to us. Teams will overpay for a QB (duh) more than a DL. But that means no Williams, they won't both fall. Personally I don't see either on the board at 5 but MM is more likely IMO. If it's Williams it depends on the offer. GMSM loves picks and I love the idea of giving him as many shots as possible, even if it means passing on a stud like Williams.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly can't imagine us not picking Williams if he fell to us. MM, I could see going either way but more likely a trade down than Williams if he fell to us.

Course I'm not SM either

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will tell you this , most scouts feel williams is going to be a great d/lineman and if he falls to us and with hatchers age we should take him without hesitation

If that does happen, Williams, Knighton and Paea would be a fearsome d-line, especially with Hatcher, Baker and Francois as rotational guys. If Hatcher does sit, he'll be a pretty expensive backup with a a $5.25M cap number. His cap number bumps up to $8.75M next year, so this year might be end of the line for Hatch.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We could still take a RT in the second round. After all, Jansen was a second rounder too. Just a thought, though. And this really is academic. Williams ain't falling to us. He doesn't get past Jax.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could still take a RT in the second round. After all, Jansen was a second rounder too. Just a thought, though. And this really is academic. Williams ain't falling to us. He doesn't get past Jax.

Jax is actually my darkhorse to take Scherff off the board. If there is one team that needs O-line more than we do, its the Jags.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jax is actually my darkhorse to take Scherff off the board. If there is one team that needs O-line more than we do, its the Jags.
I can't see any chance that happens

I'm really hoping for MM to fall to us. And if he is the actually pick I'll try to figure out how to process that. In GMSM we trust.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pick is Fowler. IF the two Qb's go then JAx will take Williams at #3. The Raiders could go in a lot of different directions. Of course we can get a RT in the 2nd round. So why pass on Fowler at #5???? Williams, Fowler, and Waynes are all studs. The way that Gruden is talking about Moses, Chester, and Long you can waive goodbye to Scherff at #5. Of course Grudens press conference could be bs.

Also, with Gregory drug use and Rays bad pro day doesn't Fowler's stock shoot through the roof??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pick is Fowler. IF the two Qb's go then JAx will take Williams at #3. The Raiders could go in a lot of different directions. Of course we can get a RT in the 2nd round. So why pass on Fowler at #5???? Williams, Fowler, and Waynes are all studs. The way that Gruden is talking about Moses, Chester, and Long you can waive goodbye to Scherff at #5. Of course Grudens press conference could be bs.

Also, with Gregory drug use and Rays bad pro day doesn't Fowler's stock shoot through the roof??

Dean, this is smoke screen season. Don't take anything that any HC or GM says as gospel. They are all positioning right now, trying to make the other guy blink. The fact that Gruden says he's OK with Chester actually makes me think they may go OL with that first pick.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its bullshit but why the smokescreen? Scherff is not going before 5.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure we COULD get a RT in the second round. We could ignore the position until the th round as usual. But the difference between Scherff or Peat and the guy we get in the second round could be more like the difference between Jake Matthews who ended up starting for the Falcons and was the 6th pick, and Cyrus Kojo who was a BACKUP RT last year. Why pass on Fowler?? because he is a luxury pick of a pass rusher.