• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you were Ron for Game 5, two things you would say?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 50/50 with Moreland at 1B. His defense is usually great. He made some great snags last night that helped Holland out a lot. But, the dude is completely lost at the plate. It's almost like having the pitcher bat.

Young is a quite capable 1B, but not as good as Moreland. Torrealba could play as the DH ONLY, and we would still have Treanor as a backup if needed. Treanor kind of sucks at the plate, but he's pretty solid behind it. Definitiely better than Torrealba. How was Torrealba so highly touted in the NL again? That guy really doesn't get it.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't say a damn thing other than play ball. This team knows what needs to be done. CJ looked better last time out, but he needs to do much better tonight to earn his money and keep the Rangers in it.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm 50/50 with Moreland at 1B. His defense is usually great. He made some great snags last night that helped Holland out a lot. But, the dude is completely lost at the plate. It's almost like having the pitcher bat.

Young is a quite capable 1B, but not as good as Moreland. Torrealba could play as the DH ONLY, and we would still have Treanor as a backup if needed. Treanor kind of sucks at the plate, but he's pretty solid behind it. Definitiely better than Torrealba. How was Torrealba so highly touted in the NL again? That guy really doesn't get it.

I think Torrealba is a spare defensively ... which is the kiss of death if you are a catcher. Would rather have Treanor as the #2 because of his defense and ability to call a game. Torrealba doesn't move well behind the plate and IMO not very good at calling a game.

How does TEX offload him in the offseason?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Torrealba is a spare defensively ... which is the kiss of death if you are a catcher. Would rather have Treanor as the #2 because of his defense and ability to call a game. Torrealba doesn't move well behind the plate and IMO not very good at calling a game.

He has one year and $3.25Mill left on his contract, that shouldn't be too hard to move. Catchers are scarce right now, could find someone willing to take that contract on. We won't get a good return, but if you just want him gone then it is doable. Everyone needs a backup catcher this year, it seems.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was kind of wondering the same thing. However, he does bring a pretty decent bat when he fills in, and Treanor is basically a black hole. Anyone with a good SP going to be looking for a catcher? Especially since he is so highly touted in the NL for some reason.