• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If this isn't a royal crock, I don't know what is.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To hit a homerun all he has to do is not smoke weed or do other drugs. Not exactly a tough at bat, don't feel the least bit sorry for him or any other NFL player that uses banned substances or does stupid stuff like drive drunk. I can get if a player is trying to make a team or earn a big contract to be set for life (not saying I condone PED use but I understand it), but the other stuff is just selfish.

You totally missed the point.

I thought the Whiners had smarter fans than this.

HawkCity

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So NinerFan52 you say you don't fell sorry for players who get in trouble. In a honest answer what are your thoughts on Aldon Smith?

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So NinerFan52 you say you don't fell sorry for players who get in trouble. In a honest answer what are your thoughts on Aldon Smith?

My opinion on Aldon is that he is one of the best pass rushers in the league. He is also a typical dumb NFL player that I don't feel sorry for one bit. If Roger comes down with lifetime ban for Aldon's 2nd DUI or gun charge tomorrow I won't say its unfair or that he didn't deserve it. I can't believe these NFL players have a job to make ATLEAST around $400,000 a year to play a sport and not get in trouble/do drugs. But yet they mess that up. I think people get too blinded by the jersey, and don't see the dumbass under the jersey sometimes. (the one on the field not the fan in the stadium I mean!)

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion on Aldon is that he is one of the best pass rushers in the league. He is also a typical dumb NFL player that I don't feel sorry for one bit. If Roger comes down with lifetime ban for Aldon's 2nd DUI or gun charge tomorrow I won't say its unfair or that he didn't deserve it. I can't believe these NFL players have a job to make ATLEAST around $400,000 a year to play a sport and not get in trouble/do drugs. But yet they mess that up. I think people get too blinded by the jersey, and don't see the dumbass under the jersey sometimes. (the one on the field not the fan in the stadium I mean!)

:agree:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AS thing has me torn.

As a Seahawk fan I am glad he only went to rehab for a few weeks, because I know for a fact he will relapse and miss more time or be kicked out of the league.

As a human being, I am very sad for the guy and I hope he doesn't kill anyone. His problem is very serious and usually takes an extensive rehab of 6 months or more as well as a complete change in the people he surrounds himself with and possibly a baby sitter like many other pros have. Thinking Josh Hamilton.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Seahawk fan I am glad he only went to rehab for a few weeks, because I know for a fact he will relapse and miss more time or be kicked out of the league.

As a human being, I am very sad for the guy and I hope he doesn't kill anyone. His problem is very serious and usually takes an extensive rehab of 6 months or more as well as a complete change in the people he surrounds himself with and possibly a baby sitter like many other pros have. Thinking Josh Hamilton.

He's 24. I think he is at a crossroads right now. He can still get his shit together and his mind right and chalk up his past mistakes to immaturity and inability to make smart decisions to prevent him from putting himself into these stupid predicaments and move on.

Or he becomes another NFL player that never met his potential because substances got in the way.

Only time will tell, but I'm not ready to expect a relapse....yet.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 24. I think he is at a crossroads right now. He can still get his shit together and his mind right and chalk up his past mistakes to immaturity and inability to make smart decisions to prevent him from putting himself into these stupid predicaments and move on.

Or he becomes another NFL player that never met his potential because substances got in the way.

Only time will tell, but I'm not ready to expect a relapse....yet.

Unfortunately the data suggests otherwise, but maybe this was a huge wake-up call. Not sure what his contract situation is, because that could help motivate him. The only issue with that though is if he keeps clean and then gets paid, it could be a huge problem.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately the data suggests otherwise, but maybe this was a huge wake-up call. Not sure what his contract situation is, because that could help motivate him. The only issue with that though is if he keeps clean and then gets paid, it could be a huge problem.

This is going to sound like excuses but how much of Aldon's problem is simply being a 24 yr old millionaire living it up? That's what we have to find out.

I would be lying if I said I hadn't done what he did (drinking....and driving) at the age he did it at. How many of you showed up to work at 22,23,24 yrs old hungover from the night before? Am I the only one?

The point was, I didn't have a drinking problem, I had a maturity problem. I have never gone to AA. I have never been arrested for a DUI. I have not quit drinking...although with kids, I don't have more then a couple beers a week. I just simply matured.

Maybe it is a flat out addiction issue...maybe it is a deeper problem then what I outlined above. Time will tell and I hold on to guys like our very own Alex Boone as proof that when life kicks you in the balls with reality and you find yourself at the crossroads, sometimes those people pick the right path and realize the opportunities they are being given.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And how exactly do you know this for a fact?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was the 7th overall pick in the draft and is getting paid accordingly. Unless he is dropping down Louis XIII beer bong style on the nightly, the money won't make any difference because he already has a lot of it.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is hyperbole. You get the gist of what he's saying though, right?

Yes hyperbole, but if he truly has a drinking problem, then a 4 week program is not going to help him. It may kick him in the ass for a while but the stats say he will relapse within 2 years and the shorter the rehab, the shorter time to relapse.

Now, as dred is suggesting, maybe he is just being a 24 y/o with money and he is not an alcoholic or other drug addict.

I guess I assumed he had a serious issue since he has had multiple run-ins, but maybe he is just young and needs to mature.

As PC tells the Hawks, the hypothalmus does not fully mature until about age 25, so maturity is a big issue with these guys who are unleashed with millions in their accounts.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty pissed to open this thread and not see Eddie Royal with a crock pot.

sjvmxDJ.jpg

So no one else has to feel my pain.