• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Broncos lose Brock Osweiler, will they trade for Colin Kaepernick?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty O-Line forces him out of the pocket still makes a great throw
View attachment 96499

Stays the in the pocket and delivers a 15 yard strike
View attachment 96500

Under pressure still makes a great throw.
View attachment 96501

See I can pick and choose stuff too.

The guy obviously has talent but he needs some work. Maybe getting out from that dumpster fire in SF will help him.

One thing in common in all of your chosen highlights? He's throwing to his first read. Kaep can't read defenses or throw with anticipation. If his first read is already open, he'll throw the ball. His limitations aren't physical, they're mental (or more accurately, intelligence-related).

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to doubt that a trade to Denver will even happen now, it was reported that if a trade couldn't be worked out in a few days the 49ers would keep Kaepernick and that was reported a few days ago. If Denver doesn't get Kaepernick by tomorrow night I'd say it wont happen at all.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke is playing hard ball. He's trying to get as much as possible for this piece of shit that we don't even want.

Frankly, I don't care if we get a 7th round pick for him. Just get him off this team.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to doubt that a trade to Denver will even happen now, it was reported that if a trade couldn't be worked out in a few days the 49ers would keep Kaepernick and that was reported a few days ago. If Denver doesn't get Kaepernick by tomorrow night I'd say it wont happen at all.

Some of these things last right up to the draft for guys. Not sure this one would go that long, but it's 2 days into the open market.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these things last right up to the draft for guys. Not sure this one would go that long, but it's 2 days into the open market.

I know in some cases it does but with the 49ers saying if nothing's accomplished in the next few days they will just keep him I doubt this goes longer than Monday morning at the latest.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know in some cases it does but with the 49ers saying if nothing's accomplished in the next few days they will just keep him I doubt this goes longer than Monday morning at the latest.

I doubt it does go on very long as we are talking a franchises starting QB so the desire to get him in sooner and get that position "solved" earlier is there. But I don't blame SF for trying to get the best pick available, and making that deadline (though we know those aren't written in stone lol)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is April 1st when Kaepernick's guaranteed money kicks in with the 49ers. So to me they have until then to get something done. If the 49ers commit guaranteed money to him then they are keeping him. Right now though neither side needs to hurry this along. They can wait and see if the other side will blink.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is April 1st when Kaepernick's guaranteed money kicks in with the 49ers. So to me they have until then to get something done. If the 49ers commit guaranteed money to him then they are keeping him. Right now though neither side needs to hurry this along. They can wait and see if the other side will blink.

Are you a fan of the Broncos pursuing Kaepernick? I, personally, think it's crazy. I think Fitzpatrick is much better suited to help them defend their title next year. Coupled with that, they should use the draft pick they save by not trading for Kaep and draft a QB for the future. Kaep does not have the mental makeup to be a franchise QB for a winning organization. I don't understand why people don't see that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a wacky world this off season has been. To think that the Super Bowl Champions are hoping to trade away picks for...Colin Kaepernick.:eek: The Super Bowl champs are grasping for a QB at the bottom of the barrel, with the likes of the Browns and Jets.:nod:
Harold, I have to agree - As fans of the previous 2 Superbowl champions, we have a good idea what it feels like.
But it was not this bad!!!!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A starting QB is not worth an end-of-the-4th round pick? Broncos are kidding themselves.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you a fan of the Broncos pursuing Kaepernick? I, personally, think it's crazy. I think Fitzpatrick is much better suited to help them defend their title next year. Coupled with that, they should use the draft pick they save by not trading for Kaep and draft a QB for the future. Kaep does not have the mental makeup to be a franchise QB for a winning organization. I don't understand why people don't see that.

The problem with Fitzpatrick is that he wants more money than the broncos can and want to spend. If he comes down he may be an option. As for Kaepernick, he has skill sets that work well in a Kubiak offense. Mobile, good arm. He doesn't need to read a ton of progressions. Typically half the field is closed off on the bootlegs so you either have a WR, TE, or run it type option.

I don't think broncos fans love their options but we need someone that is manageable until he we can find a long term solution. My guess is Elway likes a QB or two in the draft so we need a cheap plug until we can get them developed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A starting QB is not worth an end-of-the-4th round pick? Broncos are kidding themselves.
The reason the Broncos are offering a 4th round pick is they believe the 49ers will cut Kaepernick before April 1st. Also they don't believe any other teams are as interested as some of the reports out there have suggested. So why bid against themselves? Right now it is more of a game of chicken between the Broncos and 49ers. The Broncos don't believe the 49ers truly want him and the 49ers are saying "hey just watch us we will keep him if we have to." My guess is since Kaepernick's people have openly talked about how he wants out of San Fran and Kelly is known for not wanting any player that has shown any kind of disagreement with him that they will blink first.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably.. What about a QB who was benched for, and then outplayed by Blaine Gabbert?

The issue is he isn't getting 4th round rookie money on a 4 year deal (if he does happen to play really well he will get paid next year), he's declined the past 2 years, and he isn't just 22 years old.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably.. What about a QB who was benched for, and then outplayed by Blaine Gabbert?

The issue is he isn't getting 4th round rookie money on a 4 year deal (if he does happen to play really well he will get paid next year), he's declined the past 2 years, and he isn't just 22 years old.

I think it's more a matter of system fit than any decline with Kaep. He is what he is, a physically talented 1-read QB. You can either work with that, or work against it by expecting him to be something that he's not.

That Niners team last year was so bad it's difficult to make any real evaluations.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man every time i wake up and see that kap is still on the team is like being a kid waking up on Christmas only to realize you have no presents.