• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Broncos lose Brock Osweiler, will they trade for Colin Kaepernick?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could happen!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Niners plan to draft one of these 2 QB's and trade Kap?

id keep an eye on the Jets with Fitzpatrick....

Jets are a win now team, not a young group, so if they lose Fitz, id have to think they would be all in on guys like Kap or RG3

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose out, just sign Fitz & draft a QB within the first two days of the draft.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kap is a big step down from Oz, better to keep Oz

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Niners get a 2nd or 3rd pick for him. If so 49ers draft Goff.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only hope. His 49er tenure should be up.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost think the Broncos have already shown they are moving on. Haven't talked to him in days and from the sound of it the relationship soured a bit after he was benched.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in god's green earth would they want him?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in god's green earth would they want him?

Kubiak's scheme works best when he has a very athletic QB to work with. It forces a defense to honor the back side a lot more opening up bigger running lanes for both the QB and RB. Honestly that is why RGIII had such a great rookie year in he was running a lot more of the ZBS that Shanahan and Kubiak love to run. It gets the QB on the move and makes it more QB friendly in all of your reads are only on one half of the field. RGIII's problem beyond injury is the owner had convinced him that he could play from the pocket and tried to change up the scheme. Kaepernick I think is in the same boat of when he can get out and run or pass and only have a couple of reads on each play he can do a lot more.

The thought also is with Osweiler he is pricing himself out of Denver. While us as fans like Osweiler and I think the coaches/FO like him as well there is a limit to how much they want to pay him at the expense of losing other talent. They figure they can sign RGIII or Kaepernick to a very team friendly deal and say add 2-3 new pieces to the OL to help in both the run and pass game while also getting a 3rd round comp pick for Osweiler going to Houston.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kap is a big step down from Oz, better to keep Oz
I think it depends on what Kap you are talking about. He "was" a good QB at one time. I think a change of scenery would do him good, and maybe bring something back.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak's scheme works best when he has a very athletic QB to work with. It forces a defense to honor the back side a lot more opening up bigger running lanes for both the QB and RB. Honestly that is why RGIII had such a great rookie year in he was running a lot more of the ZBS that Shanahan and Kubiak love to run. It gets the QB on the move and makes it more QB friendly in all of your reads are only on one half of the field. RGIII's problem beyond injury is the owner had convinced him that he could play from the pocket and tried to change up the scheme. Kaepernick I think is in the same boat of when he can get out and run or pass and only have a couple of reads on each play he can do a lot more.

The thought also is with Osweiler he is pricing himself out of Denver. While us as fans like Osweiler and I think the coaches/FO like him as well there is a limit to how much they want to pay him at the expense of losing other talent. They figure they can sign RGIII or Kaepernick to a very team friendly deal and say add 2-3 new pieces to the OL to help in both the run and pass game while also getting a 3rd round comp pick for Osweiler going to Houston.

I get that and all. Denver's run game is pretty good even with out him.... But they also need someone who can get the ball downfield and Kaep seems to be going the wrong way on that scale. But you are right, he probably would do better in a Kukiak scheme then with Chip. I get Osweiller wants to get paid (as would any player), it's just odd that teams are willing to pay that much for him since he really hasn't proven he is worth that kind of money. Now don't get me wrong, he did his job very well in Denver but it's not that kind of money well.

If it came down to either RGIII or Kaep, I guess you would have to go with Kaep simply based on an injury risk/reward thing, no?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on what Kap you are talking about. He "was" a good QB at one time. I think a change of scenery would do him good, and maybe bring something back.
Yes I can see that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that and all. Denver's run game is pretty good even with out him.... But they also need someone who can get the ball downfield and Kaep seems to be going the wrong way on that scale. But you are right, he probably would do better in a Kukiak scheme then with Chip. I get Osweiller wants to get paid (as would any player), it's just odd that teams are willing to pay that much for him since he really hasn't proven he is worth that kind of money. Now don't get me wrong, he did his job very well in Denver but it's not that kind of money well.

If it came down to either RGIII or Kaep, I guess you would have to go with Kaep simply based on an injury risk/reward thing, no?

Yeah completely agree. I think Osweiler showed some great promise but he didn't blow me away either. Right now it seems he is excited about a few teams getting into a bidding war for his services and well Elway has never operated that way. The most deals I have seen him make to one player was Malik Jackson who from the sound of it they tried to negotiate 3 different times with. Otherwise 2 is the max. He has a ceiling of how much he will pay a player and says here is the deal take it or leave it. That is why they haven't negotiated in days. Elway has stood his ground and Osweiler's agent is trying to play chicken with the wrong man.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzpatrick would be a great backup plan for them.

Kaepernick is so bad he'll hurt that defense.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWo5Ga.gif

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-9_8-37-31.jpeg
    upload_2016-3-9_8-37-31.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 30

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Osweiler signs a huge deal with Houston, I think making a trade for Kaepernick would be a good move. Everyone wants to point to his recent struggles, but let's not forget about the dysfunctional mess the 49ers organization had become. Kaepernick showed a lot of potential and he's certainly got a lot of talent, and I do think he could fit in well with Kubiak's system.

If they can't work out a trade for Kaepernick, I'd definitely look at Fitzgerald and Chase Daniel in free agency as well, with the intention of spending a draft pick in the top 3 rounds on a long term solution at qb.