• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Jerry doesn't change right now, it's back to the Campo 5-11's

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry has ruined what could have been a great HC in Dallas in JG. He undermined him, reemed him in front of his players, yanked his playcalling, hired different OC's and DC's, changed schemes, and gave him a roster with holes and 0 depth, not to mention a salary cap situation as bad as anyone's. I could see JG going to an organization with a real GM and doing a great job, like a Sean Payton.
The next Head Coach Jerry hires will seal our fate. The Cowboys have only had success in the Jerry era when they had a HC who had a real say in the draft and FA, as well as control of their schemes and assistants. Jimmy and Bill. Thats it. You could say Switzer, but anyone with a brain could have won with that team. It was Jimmy's team. We have also been able to hover around .500 since Bill left, but it's been a steady decline, and the last remaining superstars from Bill's team, Romo, Ware and Witten, are all nearing the end. Jerry has to have help to rebuild this team. If he hires a man and gives him what he wants, the Cowboys will rise again. If he hires another puppet that he can run over, this club may very well be 2-14 sooner than later

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone is missing JJ's point. he isn't interested what we think or even what Garrett thinks.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry has ruined what could have been a great HC in Dallas in JG. He undermined him, reemed him in front of his players, yanked his playcalling, hired different OC's and DC's, changed schemes, and gave him a roster with holes and 0 depth, not to mention a salary cap situation as bad as anyone's. I could see JG going to an organization with a real GM and doing a great job, like a Sean Payton.
The next Head Coach Jerry hires will seal our fate. The Cowboys have only had success in the Jerry era when they had a HC who had a real say in the draft and FA, as well as control of their schemes and assistants. Jimmy and Bill. Thats it. You could say Switzer, but anyone with a brain could have won with that team. It was Jimmy's team. We have also been able to hover around .500 since Bill left, but it's been a steady decline, and the last remaining superstars from Bill's team, Romo, Ware and Witten, are all nearing the end. Jerry has to have help to rebuild this team. If he hires a man and gives him what he wants, the Cowboys will rise again. If he hires another puppet that he can run over, this club may very well be 2-14 sooner than later

LOL some of this is WAY OFF

To blame Garrrett's failures on everyone but Garrett.
If you remember Garrett was hired as OC before Jerry hired Wade. And Garrett was in no way ready to be an OC.
This teams best year was under Wade. 13-3 best record this team has ever finished a regular season.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL some of this is WAY OFF

To blame Garrrett's failures on everyone but Garrett.
If you remember Garrett was hired as OC before Jerry hired Wade. And Garrett was in no way ready to be an OC.
This teams best year was under Wade. 13-3 best record this team has ever finished a regular season.

You're right about Wade's 13-3 regular season, but they flopped in the playoffs and Wade was gone soon thereafter. This is the Cowboys, so I was using the playoffs as a barometer. As to Garrett, he should be fired. But I think if he had not been undermined by Jerry at every turn, he would be a quality NFL HC by now. He made some huge playcalling and clock management mistakes the first couple of years, but he is too smart a guy to have not self corrected. The reason he is screwing up now is that he's like a little puppy thats been whipped too many times. Every time Jerry comes near him, he leaves a couple of drops of pee

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry will never change. Stephen is your best hope at change. Jerry hired his buddy when he bought the team. Parcells was hired so there's at least hope. I just don't see him giving his GM role up to anyone.

Also there's this: Until you guys stop supporting an average product, why would he care? He's making more money than ever. Even with an annual 8-8 team. When he starts losing money, he will finally have to do something. That's if he's as a good a businessman as he thinks he is.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also there's this: Until you guys stop supporting an average product, why would he care? He's making more money than ever. Even with an annual 8-8 team. When he starts losing money, he will finally have to do something. That's if he's as a good a businessman as he thinks he is.

this remains completely out of touch...........everyone abandon your team and bandwagon another team tell jerry losses' money. Shit dude, I thought you lived here? This is the Dallas Cowboys, a heritage a little deeper than Joe Montana. That's the stupidest thing a football fan could do. Thanks for the input.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Im becoming more Pro Garrett than I am Pro Romo and most know thats pretty extreme.I too think he will go elsewhere and succeed.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry knows the Cowboys will never have to worry about it's rabid fanbase. The one thing I hope MIGHT pressure him into changing his ways is the way the league remembers him. A man who did it his way, and built it into a dynasty in the early 90's, only to spend the rest of his time as owner/GM of a .500 franschise, or a guy who finally realized he would still get credit for Championships even if he had help in winning them, and finally went back to hiring Head Coach/GM types

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot that Jerry shouldn't have come down to the sideline and called all those passing plays last week in the second half, or thrown those two picks at the end of the game, or missed Dez on those big plays, or given Flynn all day to throw, or dropped those Ints.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also there's this: Until you guys stop supporting an average product, why would he care? He's making more money than ever. Even with an annual 8-8 team. When he starts losing money, he will finally have to do something. That's if he's as a good a businessman as he thinks he is

The way that Jerry has the suites and PSL's setup that is impossible. With the rabid world wide fan base and the corporate sponsorship Jerry has the gravy train rolling and its not losing steam on the financial side. As far as not supporting the product I'm a Cowboy fan till the day I die. Not a big Jerry Jones GM fan but My Cowboys are ingrained to root for to me.

As a SF fan you will understand the business side of football when your new stadium opens and the cost of tickets double etc.....

Jerry Jones is the best Businessman in the NFL bar none now GM that's a complete different story.

I am proud of my Cowboys win or lose but I am tired of losing

JMHO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot that Jerry shouldn't have come down to the sideline and called all those passing plays last week in the second half, or thrown those two picks at the end of the game, or missed Dez on those big plays, or given Flynn all day to throw, or dropped those Ints.

Do you think Jerry has done a good job Jarntt? I think he has done a poor job as GM, but is able to field a .500 team because as an owner, he will do anything to win. I think with any competent GM, who is allowed to do everything, including hire the coach, and has Jerry giving him anything he wants, the Cowboys are Super Bowl contenders year after year. I agree we should have ran the football in the 2nd half, but after the Denver game, JG and Romo probably felt as though they needed 50 to be safe.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as an outsider, i see the cowboys and redskins very similar.

Its impossible to succeed with a meddling owner.........

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but after the Denver game, JG and Romo probably felt as though they needed 50 to be safe.

What is the best way to stop the other teams offense? No matter how good or bad your defense is?

You keep your offense on the field and burn the clock. That is true from pee wee level up. The only place in sports it isn't is college where you are ranked by how many points you beat the other teams by ( which I fucking hate)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the best way to stop the other teams offense? No matter how good or bad your defense is?

You keep your offense on the field and burn the clock. That is true from pee wee level up. The only place in sports it isn't is college where you are ranked by how many points you beat the other teams by ( which I fucking hate)

100% agree. Thats why I think the entire coaching staff has to go. I only hope that for the first time since Bill was here, Jerry lets his HC call the shots. JG has made the same end of game mistakes from day one. I heard the other day, that the Cowboys are 1-2 this season in games that they score at least 35 points this year. The rest of the NFL is like 57-2. Thats absurd

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree. Thats why I think the entire coaching staff has to go. I only hope that for the first time since Bill was here, Jerry lets his HC call the shots. JG has made the same end of game mistakes from day one. I heard the other day, that the Cowboys are 1-2 this season in games that they score at least 35 points this year. The rest of the NFL is like 57-2. Thats absurd

Well I think most of the coaching staff needs to go.

I keep Rob on the defensive side of the ball ... If we can.
I keep the ST coach
and if Callahan is open for a demotion to ONLY O-line coach .... I keep him as well.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think most of the coaching staff needs to go.

I keep Rob on the defensive side of the ball ... If we can.
I keep the ST coach
and if Callahan is open for a demotion to ONLY O-line coach .... I keep him as well.

I'd be good with those coaches, if the new HC thought they fit his system. If Jerry isn't gonna let the new HC implement his own system, he might as well keep JG. I think a nice fit would be Lovie Smith or Mike Zimmer. Keep the 4-3, become a tough, defensive minded team for a change, and make teams beat us rather than giving games away

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be good with those coaches, if the new HC thought they fit his system. If Jerry isn't gonna let the new HC implement his own system, he might as well keep JG. I think a nice fit would be Lovie Smith or Mike Zimmer. Keep the 4-3, become a tough, defensive minded team for a change, and make teams beat us rather than giving games away

That can go 2 ways though. If you hire a coach absolutely agree he has to be allowed to run his system.

But the thing that makes sense to me would be to hire a coach that runs the system we are running now.

We didn't switch out of a 3-4 last year with Ryan ... but it was a way different 3-4. Then switch to the Tampa 2 this year.

I do not want to switch defensive schemes 3 years in a row. Zimmer would be great for this defense ...He works with whatever crap the Bengals give him to put on the field. Designs his defense to fit the player's strengths

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can go 2 ways though. If you hire a coach absolutely agree he has to be allowed to run his system.

But the thing that makes sense to me would be to hire a coach that runs the system we are running now.

We didn't switch out of a 3-4 last year with Ryan ... but it was a way different 3-4. Then switch to the Tampa 2 this year.

I do not want to switch defensive schemes 3 years in a row. Zimmer would be great for this defense ...He works with whatever crap the Bengals give him to put on the field. Designs his defense to fit the player's strengths

Zimmer also has other positives. It wouldn't be his first rodeo in Dallas, he'd know all about the Jerry dynamic. He would be a first time Head Coach, he wouldn't call the offensive plays, but there's no fucking way they don't run the football with a 2 TD 2nd half lead. He's well respected, and his players play hard. We could do alot worse, IMO

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer also has other positives. It wouldn't be his first rodeo in Dallas, he'd know all about the Jerry dynamic. He would be a first time Head Coach, he wouldn't call the offensive plays, but there's no fucking way they don't run the football with a 2 TD 2nd half lead. He's well respected, and his players play hard. We could do alot worse, IMO

not sure zimmer wants any part of jerry. It would have to be head coach to get his attention