• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ideal Super Bowl Matchup?(non homer/hater picks if you can)

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I agree with people wanting to see new teams. Pittsburgh is more fun to watch with this offense than the past so it doesn't seem like they are hated as much as usual but its time for another first time SB winner. Its almost always cool to see how fans react the first time their team wins it all.

I agree and your use of the word "almost" has to be a quiet nod to Seahawks fans. They are the exception to the rule though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a toss up between Cards or Panthers vs Stillers, and honestly I'd rather see the SB be ARI vs CAR. Since that can't happen I chose the Panthers, the biggest reason is because they have a great chance to be undefeated going into the playoffs and I'd like to see them make the SB if that happens.
I have nothing against Carolina.

Just really love the offense that both AZ and PIT can bring.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson threw for 300 yards and 2 TD's, but 2 INT's, and a Collinsworth fumble proved too much to overcome.

Okay...early 80s was the 1st one...2 in a decade, I had forgotten that...I've never been a fan of Collinsworth...actually was a pretty good player, but I think he's finally taken the Orange and Black off when it comes to calling Steeler games...always been very knowledgable, but sounds a little more neutral these days. I always like old Bob Trumpe.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and your use of the word "almost" has to be a quiet nod to Seahawks fans. They are the exception to the rule though.
Yeah I enjoyed seeing/reading the Seahawks fans win their 1st SB with the exception of someone here at SH(cant remember who) saying something along the lines of "You don't know what this feels like for us because nobody knows the struggle us fans have been through blah blah blah...". He wasn't wrong per se and I understand its an emotional time for any fan whos team wins a SB but I took it as "We are special and our SB title is better than any others." Hate to focus on the 1 post I didn't like because 99% of the Hawks fans were great and reading their reactions was fun. I look forward to Arizona fans reactions when it happens more than any right now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals vs Panthers would be a good match. Been a while since either have been to a SB.

My homer pick would be Seahawks vs Steelers.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends.

If the Panthers are still undefeated... That would be quite the Superbowl no matter what.

After that Arizona and Seattle would the next interesting to me personally.

Green Bay as they currently are, are not that interesting for me. Watching teams with major injuries issues isn't as interesting as it may sound.

God forbid any team from the NFC East gets there..

On the AFC side

If the Patriots do get to the Superbowl it would indicate that they did indeed get healthy in time and that would be a good game no matter who they play. Obviously a Seattle/New England rematch would be interesting. (but yes a homer pick)

Same for Pittsburgh. If they get to the Superbowl they must have caught lightning at just the right time and would probably be exciting to watch.

Same for KC. For them to get to the Superbowl will have had to have been an amazing run to get there.

While Denver fans would be thrilled I would have a hard time getting excited if they got in.
Same for the Bengals. It really is unfair but I just have a mental block expecting a great game from them.

If some team like Indy or the Jets get there, I'd rather stick hot pokers in my eyes.

Last edited:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1978 Steelers vs 1989 49ers.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats/Seahawks. I WANT REVENGE!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I enjoyed seeing/reading the Seahawks fans win their 1st SB with the exception of someone here at SH(cant remember who) saying something along the lines of "You don't know what this feels like for us because nobody knows the struggle us fans have been through blah blah blah...". He wasn't wrong per se and I understand its an emotional time for any fan whos team wins a SB but I took it as "We are special and our SB title is better than any others." Hate to focus on the 1 post I didn't like because 99% of the Hawks fans were great and reading their reactions was fun. I look forward to Arizona fans reactions when it happens more than any right now.

If you develop negative opinions from the stupid shvt people post at SH, you'll be negative about everything and everyone.

Just sayin.'

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington vs. Kansas City

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is clearly not a NON HOMER pick

They said ideal and that's my ideal. I couldn't care less what everyone else wants. As far as what actually happens, let the players sort it out.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I enjoyed seeing/reading the Seahawks fans win their 1st SB with the exception of someone here at SH(cant remember who) saying something along the lines of "You don't know what this feels like for us because nobody knows the struggle us fans have been through blah blah blah..."

Heh....that Seattle insecurity mode kicking into overdrive. I got a good idea who it was....a KFFL poster.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madden predicted a Steelers-Cardinals rematch before the season started… wouldn't mind that so we could get our revenge on them after that god damn Santonio Holmes catch. :gaah:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take any scenario in which AZ makes it though, don't give a damn who we're playing. AZ sports fans have suffered enough, we deserve this shit!