• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I was right, and I was wrong

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on Creighton and Wichita St. not going far
Right on Pitino having his team to play in NCAA
Right on MSU getting healthy and dominating
Right on Kentucky being ready to play at tournament time

Wrong on Syracuse and Arizona separating themselves from the rest
Wrong on Oklahoma St. making a deep run
Wrong on Duke being a top 5 team
Wrong on Kansas making a deep run

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on Creighton and Wichita St. not going far
Right on Pitino having his team to play in NCAA
Right on MSU getting healthy and dominating
Right on Kentucky being ready to play at tournament time

Wrong on Syracuse and Arizona separating themselves from the rest
Wrong on Oklahoma St. making a deep run
Wrong on Duke being a top 5 team
Wrong on Kansas making a deep run

I wasn't going to touch this one, but will ask you this:
Was last night's Gonzaga game past your bedtime?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
claiming you knew wsu was overrated and wouldnt go far after they lost a GG by 2 points is retarded....

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't going to touch this one, but will ask you this:
Was last night's Gonzaga game past your bedtime?

I knew you would be all over that. Earlier in the year, I posted that Syracuse and Arizona were the two best teams and had separated themselves from the rest. Both teams were undefeated and as time went Arizona lost 4 games and Syracuse lost 6..I think. We all know that Syracuse is gone and I suspect that most folks outside the state of Arizona understand that Arizona might still be the best team, however to say there is separation from the rest is incorrect.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
claiming you knew wsu was overrated and wouldnt go far after they lost a GG by 2 points is retarded....

Hold on there...go back and read my post. I did not say WS was overrated. That would be you adding something to my post that is not there. I stated WS would not go far and that would be correct. Actually WS played a lot better game than I thought they were capable.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on there...go back and read my post. I did not say WS was overrated. That would be you adding something to my post that is not there. I stated WS would not go far and that would be correct. Actually WS played a lot better game than I thought they were capable.

still retarded that game could have easily gone either way but you want to claim genius off of it go ahead....

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
501353eebfe4b.image.jpg

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you would be all over that. Earlier in the year, I posted that Syracuse and Arizona were the two best teams and had separated themselves from the rest. Both teams were undefeated and as time went Arizona lost 4 games and Syracuse lost 6..I think. We all know that Syracuse is gone and I suspect that most folks outside the state of Arizona understand that Arizona might still be the best team, however to say there is separation from the rest is incorrect.

I am pretty sure Kenpom and every other metric would support that Florida and Arizona separated themselves. Why you place so much stock on a loss @ Oregon on senior night the game after we clinched the Pac outright and a loss to a very talented rival in the Pac tourney are beyond me. Also did you really think there would be no adjustment period required after losing Brandon Ashley? That kind of loss changes the whole structure of a team, and a few losses were expected because of it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure the Big 12 has proven to be much worse than advertised. Kansas without Embiid is a different team. With him they are likely in the sweet 16. That would put OU as the only bad loss. That is the issue with RPI and stats like that. They measure the quality over the course of a season. They dont factor in things like Embiid going down or teams like UK making major late season leaps. Not to mention we get excited about a team like UCLA going to the sweet 16 and facing the 12 and 13 seed. Best to focus on teams and leave the conference talk to the off season.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Baylor making it to the Final Four. Let's go Bears, with how fucked up everyone's brackets are, that might propel me to victory. :whoo:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still retarded that game could have easily gone either way but you want to claim genius off of it go ahead....

Again you read in something that is not there. Never claimed genius; just made the statement that WS would leave early....simple as that and that statement turned out to be true which is what the thread is all about. Also predicted that Syracuse would go deep.....OK, tell you what; I will claim genius on WS and dumb ass on Syracuse if that will satisfy you.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you read in something that is not there. Never claimed genius; just made the statement that WS would leave early....simple as that and that statement turned out to be true which is what the thread is all about. Also predicted that Syracuse would go deep.....OK, tell you what; I will claim genius on WS and dumb ass on Syracuse if that will satisfy you.

I'm a dumbass X 2.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure Kenpom and every other metric would support that Florida and Arizona separated themselves. Why you place so much stock on a loss @ Oregon on senior night the game after we clinched the Pac outright and a loss to a very talented rival in the Pac tourney are beyond me. Also did you really think there would be no adjustment period required after losing Brandon Ashley? That kind of loss changes the whole structure of a team, and a few losses were expected because of it.

OK if will make you happy I can say I got it half right...Syracuse ended up not separating themselves and Arizona did. If there is separation, as you say, can we simply pencil in Florida and Arizona to the final game and forget the rest. I suspect that some MSU, Kentucky, Wisconsin...etc fans might not be in agreement.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK if will make you happy I can say I got it half right...Syracuse ended up not separating themselves and Arizona did. If there is separation, as you say, can we simply pencil in Florida and Arizona to the final game and forget the rest. I suspect that some MSU, Kentucky, Wisconsin...etc fans might not be in agreement.

separation doesn't mean there's any guarantee, this is the NCAA tourney. I think us Arizona and UF fans realize not to count any chickens

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure the Big 12 has proven to be much worse than advertised. Kansas without Embiid is a different team. With him they are likely in the sweet 16. That would put OU as the only bad loss. That is the issue with RPI and stats like that. They measure the quality over the course of a season. They dont factor in things like Embiid going down or teams like UK making major late season leaps. Not to mention we get excited about a team like UCLA going to the sweet 16 and facing the 12 and 13 seed. Best to focus on teams and leave the conference talk to the off season.

I agree with you. I guess what I was trying to get at is that the Big 12 was right on par with the PAC and both were below the B10. The PAC just never got talked about because people assumed it was just Arizona and nothing else.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. I guess what I was trying to get at is that the Big 12 was right on par with the PAC and both were below the B10. The PAC just never got talked about because people assumed it was just Arizona and nothing else.

Not sure what the Big 10 did to be considered the best. I may say that because I am not a believer in Michigan or Wisconsin. Saw a bad loss in OSU. Baylor beats Wisky and yu will have to change that tune. Big 12 with 10 teams has 3 left and the Big 10 with 12 has 3 left. I dont see much of an argument to put the Big 10 above. If anything I think it speaks more to parity than anything else.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the things I was very right about this year:
1) The ACC had it's worst year in as long as I can remember. They were probably the 4th or 5th (hell with the way the SEC has played in the tourney maybe they were the 6th) best conference

The ACC was a joke , as bad as the conference has ever been.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the Big 10 did to be considered the best. I may say that because I am not a believer in Michigan or Wisconsin. Saw a bad loss in OSU. Baylor beats Wisky and yu will have to change that tune. Big 12 with 10 teams has 3 left and the Big 10 with 12 has 3 left. I dont see much of an argument to put the Big 10 above. If anything I think it speaks more to parity than anything else.

...and how many does the SEC have remaining??????If that's the yardstick to determine parity.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^

and what 3 teams are there from the Big12?????

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disregarding Conference Affiliations...

s'kind of interesting thinking about S16 teams representing geographical 'regions' of the country...

South/Southeast = Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisville, Virginia, Florida and Baylor.
Mountain/West = Stanford, San Diego State, UCLA and Arizona.
North/Northeast = UConn
Midwest/Central = Dayton, MSU, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa State.

looks to me like everybody's got plenty of good regional hoops to cheer for...
with one exception.

:whistle: