• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I was right, and I was wrong

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the things I was very right about this year:
1) The ACC had it's worst year in as long as I can remember. They were probably the 4th or 5th (hell with the way the SEC has played in the tourney maybe they were the 6th) best conference

2) 'Nova and Creighton were WAAAAAY overrated. (Creighton could come back and beat Baylor and I would still feel this way after watching them against UL Lafayette)

3) WSU was legit. Plenty of teams (and I include Arizona and Florida) could have lost to that Kentucky team today.

4)That #1 RPI given to the B12? NO FUCKING WAY that conference is better than the B10. And the difference between the B12 and PAC is not nearly as large as most people thought. This tourney has proven that.

Here are the things I was very wrong about this year:
1) Wisconsin was very overrated. I thought the 5 out of 6 losing streak was more true about who they were than the 16-0 start, completely wrong about that one.

2) Baylor was an awful team. Watching them the last month or so, they simply figured it out. I thought they had lots of talent and no clue how to play as a team at the beginning of the year, and I also thought they WOULDN'T figure it out. They did.

3) I thought that wins over Tennessee were overrated. Don't feel that way anymore. Even if their tourney competition hasn't been good, they have won in very impressive fashion. Florida officially had 7 good wins in the SEC now (including the win @ Arkansas and the SEC tourney).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right: I still love college basketball, especially the Big Dance.

Wrong: My brackets.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right: Syracuse can't shoot

Wrong: Syracuse REALLLY can't shoot

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right: Ohio St has virtually no offense.

Wrong: pretty much nothing except fucking Creighton. (bastards)

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was right that Houston has a lot of talent, but I was wrong about them gelling enough by the end of the year to make the tournament. I plan on only being right next season.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) The ACC had it's worst year in as long as I can remember. They were probably the 4th or 5th (hell with the way the SEC has played in the tourney maybe they were the 6th) best conference

2) 'Nova and Creighton were WAAAAAY overrated. (Creighton could come back and beat Baylor and I would still feel this way after watching them against UL Lafayette)

3) WSU was legit. Plenty of teams (and I include Arizona and Florida) could have lost to that Kentucky team today.

4)That #1 RPI given to the B12? NO FUCKING WAY that conference is better than the B10. And the difference between the B12 and PAC is not nearly as large as most people thought. This tourney has proven that.

1) Wisconsin was very overrated. I thought the 5 out of 6 losing streak was more true about who they were than the 16-0 start, completely wrong about that one.

2) Baylor was an awful team. Watching them the last month or so, they simply figured it out. I thought they had lots of talent and no clue how to play as a team at the beginning of the year, and I also thought they WOULDN'T figure it out. They did.

3) I thought that wins over Tennessee were overrated. Don't feel that way anymore. Even if their tourney competition hasn't been good, they have won in very impressive fashion. Florida officially had 7 good wins in the SEC now (including the win @ Arkansas and the SEC tourney).

Humility is a good thing; especially when you think you know everything. Not trying to be mean; just saying you have been insufferable for a long time. Had your bed side manner been better, you and I would be in agreement on a lot of things. Just sayin????

asindc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right: Teams that can't shoot won't go far in the tournament. That means you Ohio St and Syracuse.

Wrong: Kentucky kids wouldn't figure it out by now.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky’s had three chances to take down UF and couldn't do it. ALL were DECISIVE victories. They wouldn’t have done it today either. Doesn’t matter how well they played today. We own their minds and that’s all that matters.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3) WSU was legit. Plenty of teams (and I include Arizona and Florida) could have lost to that Kentucky team today. It's all about matchups

Nearly half of the Badgers team was sick during that time period.

They didn't have their PG during their 0-12 start in the Big 12

It remains to be seen if wins vs Tenn aren't overrated.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It remains to be seen if wins vs Tenn aren't overrated.

No it doesn't. They just won 3 games in the NCAA tourney. Wins against them might not be GREAT, but I was of the opinion that they weren't even GOOD. Clearly I was wrong

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't. They just won 3 games in the NCAA tourney. Wins against them might not be GREAT, but I was of the opinion that they weren't even GOOD. Clearly I was wrong

No you were not. There was a period when Tennessee was not a good team. That's the problem with December games; it's the march games that tell the story. Tennessee had some real issues in the middle of the season after swamping Virginia by 35 points. You folks not from the SEC focus too much on ESPN...LOL and really don't get it. Tennessee and Kentucky are now VERY GOOD teams and you will be happy to know you won't have to play either one until the final 4....if you get there. Teams get better or get worse and that is the beauty of picking how teams fare.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you were not. There was a period when Tennessee was not a good team. That's the problem with December games; it's the march games that tell the story. Tennessee had some real issues in the middle of the season after swamping Virginia by 35 points. You folks not from the SEC focus too much on ESPN...LOL and really don't get it. Tennessee and Kentucky are now VERY GOOD teams and you will be happy to know you won't have to play either one until the final 4....if you get there. Teams get better or get worse and that is the beauty of picking how teams fare.

relax on the Tennessee is VERY good. They beat Iowa, Umass, and Mercer

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky’s had three chances to take down UF and couldn't do it. ALL were DECISIVE victories.

Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

But if you consider a 1 point win over a team that had the ball with a chance to hit the game winner a "decisive" win, with all due respect, you're a fuggin idiot.

That said, I'd still favor FL in a rematch, but a UK win certainly wouldn't surprise me.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right: Hating on Duke, Syracuse and KU's chances at a deep tourney run

Wrong: Hating on MUS and UofL's chances at a deep tourney run.
(I'm still not sold, on 'em but they did at least survive the 1st weekend)

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac 12 was grossly underrated this year. They never get the TV exposure in the regular season so I can see why this happened.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIGHT:
Creighton and Villanova are overrated.
Sam Dekker will not be the Badgers' best player this year.

WRONG:
Ohio State's defense will carry them to the elite 8.
Jabari Parker will carry Duke to the Final Four.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right: Louisville and MSU advancing

Wrong: Everything else.