• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I was actually worried about the Vikings

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But didn't pick against my team. But I didn't like the matchup. I thought it was the toughest one because of their aggressiveness on defense and standout playmakers. Nobody else in the NFC playoffs (outside of SF who we already played week 14 but don't have better offensive playmakers) had that.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Vikings are the NFC version of the Titans.

When they put it all together they can be as dangerous as any other team in the playoffs but they can't put it together enough times in a row to make a serious run at it.

I definitely don't think it will be an easy game for my 9ers and the Vikings winning wouldn't be a shock at all to me.

I do like the 9ers in this one because I think their offense is better balanced than the Saints offense, they are getting back 2 maybe 3 guys back on defense, and that week of rest from the bye is huge for them since they had an early week 4 bye this season.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But didn't pick against my team. But I didn't like the matchup. I thought it was the toughest one because of their aggressiveness on defense and standout playmakers. Nobody else in the NFC playoffs (outside of SF who we already played week 14 but don't have better offensive playmakers) had that.
Your new illness helps you see the future.
Don't cure it.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one and only reason most people aren't high on the Vikings and didn't think they could win is Kirk Cousins. Everybody on the planet expected him to choke in clutch time but he made a nice throw in O.T. when it counted. Having said that, he is still the elephant in the room and will take more than that for his legacy to change. Maybe that game is the kickstart he needs or maybe he goes back to old Kirk. There were a few times in the game at N.O. that he started looking like the same old checkdown chicken shit he's always been so I don't think one game means the monkey is off his back.
Other than that, Minny has a solid team top to bottom and they always match up well vs the Saints. And their defense shut down Kamara and Thomas so no, it wasn't really surprising. I don't think they match up as well with the 9ers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about them at all. The Vikings are a mediocre team. The Saints got caught with the big head and thought they didn't have to try to beat the Vikings. The Niners will put them back where they belong.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing about this upset is it's the same old Saints. We can talk about bad no calls and Minneapolis Miracle all day long but every year they are paper champions it seems. They find ways to come up short in the playoffs. Brees was not good Sunday and if not for the X factor of Taysom Hill, this game would not have been that close. Payton runs up scores on shitty defenses to pad the numbers but often gets out coached when it counts vs solid defenses.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought on paper it was good matchup for the vikings. Ultimately it was gonna come down to could Cousins make a play or two when it mattered and he did. If Cousins plays good football then the Vikings have a great shot at making the super bowl because the defense and skill positions are solid

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about them at all. The Vikings are a mediocre team. The Saints got caught with the big head and thought they didn't have to try to beat the Vikings. The Niners will put them back where they belong.

I will pick the Niners but its far from a sure thing.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah those are two balanced teams but the Niners are probably the most balanced team there is. Last year their passing game was Kittle and a bunch of speed guys who can make big plays but also run lower percentage routes and drop more balls. Now they still have those guys but Sanders and Samuel gives the qb some higher percentage options. Plus they have 3 good running backs to shuffle in and out.

Vikings are good with Diggs and Thielen but Thielen has been hurt some. Rudolph has made some big plays but still Kittle> Rudolph and Irv Smith.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never a sure thing but there is no way they should beat a well-rested, healthy and playing at home 49er team; especially on a short week for the Vikings.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You happen to have a bye, which helps immensely.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
To me it was a bad sign for the Saints when they didn't cash in that early Thielen fumble for a TD.

It obviously didn't decide the game but those are the kinds of moments that can really swing momentum in your favor and put a team behind the 8 ball early. Instead it pretty much gave the Vikings a boost to be able to hold on and just give up 3 in that situation.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You happen to have a bye, which helps immensely.
Yep. And we are at home, are rested and healthy and the Vikings are playing on a short week...……..Not to mention the 49ers are the better team.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it was a bad sign for the Saints when they didn't cash in that early Thielen fumble for a TD.

I honestly thought that was going to be the ballgame.....