• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I want Mccoy gone.....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because had they run LAcy on 4th down he would have gotten that 1 yard! i would fire their suck ass coach!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catches by year for Shady:

Now what the fuck is that, Chip?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because had they run LAcy on 4th down he would have gotten that 1 yard! i would fire their suck ass coach!

Maybe, he missed it on 3rd down.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip uses Shady just fine. Dude had a ton of carries 2 stright years, so it makes sense to reduce his catches. Sproles can fill that role well & keeps Shady fresher for running the ball. The goalline issue isnt as big a deal as some seem to think.

The OL was the run issues this season. Mccoy, while not as shifty as normal (could have been due to injury) , still among the best in the business. Id be keeping him for at least the next 2-3 years.

Is he Marshawn Lynch? No but Marshall Faulk won a SB & he sure didnt run like Lynch either.

Fix the QB & add a RG and you have yourselves an elite offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip uses Shady just fine. Dude had a ton of carries 2 stright years, so it makes sense to reduce his catches. Sproles can fill that role well & keeps Shady fresher for running the ball. The goalline issue isnt as big a deal as some seem to think.

The OL was the run issues this season. Mccoy, while not as shifty as normal (could have been due to injury) , still among the best in the business. Id be keeping him for at least the next 2-3 years.

Is he Marshawn Lynch? No but Marshall Faulk won a SB & he sure didnt run like Lynch either.

Fix the QB & add a RG and you have yourselves an elite offense.
Not so sure ya have to fix the QB....ST Nick may be just fine.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure ya have to fix the QB....ST Nick may be just fine.

Not if he continues turning the ball over, getting hurt & back pedaling like he is Kevin Kolb part 2. Just as possible that was a fluke in '13 & he really is just average.

Must to give him real competition going into his final contract year. Sanchez was just as average (plus older) & Barkley has done nada.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he continues turning the ball over, getting hurt & back pedaling like he is Kevin Kolb part 2. Just as possible that was a fluke in '13 & he really is just average.

Must to give him real competition going into his final contract year. Sanchez was just as average (plus older) & Barkley has done nada.

I'd be interested in knowing who you plan to get for competition that would do better without Johnson, Kelce, and Mathis.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also blame fact that our #2 WR didn't scare Anyone. Give us a respectable #2 and see how things open up. IMO Maclin did more this year than DJax ever did.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also blame fact that our #2 WR didn't scare Anyone. Give us a respectable #2 and see how things open up. IMO Maclin did more this year than DJax ever did.

Desean puts pressure on the defense when he's not catching the ball. That's something Maclin doesn't really do.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, getting your best player the ball in space, especially when he excels in space and especially when your Oline is banged up, is a good idea.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, getting your best player the ball in space, especially when he excels in space and especially when your Oline is banged up, is a good idea.

For better or for worse, it doesn't seem like this offense is designed to throw much to the backs. A few years ago you were seeing backs thrown to as many as 100 times, where even with the increased number of plays under Chip (roughly an extra 100 plays per season), the backs are seeing the ball on passes only about 60 times. The read option is a running option to the RB and a passing option to a WR.

This is why I would not be at all surprised if McCoy has played his last game as an Eagle. He was drafted in large part due to his pass catching ability and he offers alot of appeal to a team that would leverage that more. Add in his high salary and questionable attitude, and you wonder if the Eagles would be just as happy with a Blount or Ingram that are more hit the hole hard types rather than make a guy miss. I don't know if the Saints would pay him, but McCoy would be fantastic in New Orleans where Brees loves to check down to the back.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I get it the guy can cut and juke and do some of that Barry Sanders shit blah blah blah....The guy is a Fuckin asshole, and surely not a team player. He can't block worth a Shit, he goes down when you pull his shoe lace, and he can't break a tackle. I don't want all that flash and Dancin with the stars shit, I want a Marshawn Lynch...When I need a yard I want a RB that is gonna get me a yard. I want a RB with Speed, Shady runs and huffs like a Fuckin Cydesdale. He can't outrun anyone, he lost his burst to the hole, he constantly jump cuts when the Fuckin Hole is right there in front of him for 5-6 yards! Instead, he keeps trying to hit the homerun!
I'd sooner take his Fat cap Dollars, and go sign a Veteran CB like Revis to work with the young Cb's I'm gonna draft. Hell, we will be a shitload of money under the cap once we let Trent Cole walk might as well sign Marshawn Lynch. Now there is a guy that is a money back!

Wings, I agree with your sentiments, but I do not like cutting a player until the replacement is already on the team. McCoy was here, when Westy was released. I have become less and less of a McCoy fan. I don't like him as a person, but could overlook that because he performed so well (same as Djax). But his performance seriously tanked this last year. I'm all for finding a replacement "THEN" getting rid of him (trade preferred). I have never liked Djax as a person, but I think it was the biggest mistake Chip has made to date. With him, we would have done so much better. Djax has made 4 quarterbacks look good now. He is a punk, but if they can perform and we don't have a replacement, I don't think you just get rid of them. There are just some players we love and some we don't. But if they make us better - you have to keep them. But I totally agree, it's time to start looking for a replacement, and I am "NO" fan of his personality.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the record, I LOVED the sproles pickup. The guy is just "SO" fast and underused. I made it to 2 games this past year - vs NYG and vs WAS. McCoy was constantly stuffed, and Sproles looked like he had a totally different gear. Found all kinds of wiggle room that McCoy could not.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Sproles was under used ... 3 or 4 more touches per game would not have killed him.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sproles will get a few more touches, but may have to share some time with Duke Johnson. ;)

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sproles will get a few more touches, but may have to share some time with Duke Johnson. ;)

Love that kid. He has lightning in his feet. If McCoy is traded, I'd love me some Duke in Philly.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Tucker hits the hole better than any of those guys and is bigger.